Quick Dining Plan Question?

Even though we've been to WDW before, we've never done the Dining Plan. So I have a few questions about it. First of all, do we receive dining vouchers or is this something they put on our resort key card? And if we get vouchers, when do we receive them, in the mail before our trip or upon arrival? This may be common info but I haven't come across it yet and I knew the experts on this forum could help me out. Also any other info or hints on the Dining Plan is welcomed!!! We already have our ADRs booked and ready to go!!! Only 37 more days to go!!!:sohappy:

Thanks in advance!!!

Tiggerfanatic

Your dining credits & park admission will be encoded on your room key card. As a reminder, tips are not included.

Enjoy your trip. 102 more days for me!!

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

No vouchers, everything is linked to your room key cards. It may seem overly cautious, but be sure the CM @ your resort can confirm that your family is indeed on the meal plan. One time our dining plan was omitted from our card (even though it was confirmed in our arrival packet) and we needed to go to guest relations to fix this little issue.

Every time your meals are purchased, you should receive a receipt listing out your remaining meals and snacks. One snack we found refreshing was the shaved ice @ Japan in EPCOT. On a sunny, warm day it was just right.

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

As the above poster stated they are tied to your KTTK card and when you use it when you get your reciept it will show you how many points you have left, so it keeps track of it for you.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Thanks and another question!

That's awesome. Thanks to everyone!!! And thanks wdwhoneymooner for the hint on the shaved ice. That sounds great and refreshing!

And that brings up another question. I don't want to waste our snacks on a bottle of Coke or water, so like the shaved ice in Japan, what are some other good options for snacks that is different and everyone likes?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's awesome. Thanks to everyone!!! And thanks wdwhoneymooner for the hint on the shaved ice. That sounds great and refreshing!

And that brings up another question. I don't want to waste our snacks on a bottle of Coke or water, so like the shaved ice in Japan, what are some other good options for snacks that is different and everyone likes?
School bread, Dole Whips, Cookie ice cream sandwiches, and funnel cakes would top my list.

Upvote 0

Ariel484

There are really great snack options...there was a link posted here some time ago that listed all snack options and it was PAGES long. We stayed at the Boardwalk and were able to get huge muffins and fruit tarts from the bakery, and on my last day I used a snack credit to get a latte. We also got ice cream, hot pretzels, etc. Most places the snacks are marked on the menu but you may want to ask to make sure.

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1539859/get_the_most_out_of_your_disney_dining.html?cat=16

Obviously it could have changed since then but it just shows you how many options there can be beyond the apple and bottle of water.

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

A real treat for the kids (and me :D) were the customized Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy treats @ Downtown Disney. Those things are HUGE and lasted us for a couple of days while we grazed on it. I believe you can also get them on Main Street @MK too.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

I think it is anything under the $4.00 mark can be used for a snack credit. I agree it is a waste to use it on water... water is free for heavens sake... Did you ever pay $4.00 for a small bottle of water anywhere?????

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

Just to cover all bases, your credits will be on your room card.

When you use a credit, your receipt will tell you how many credits you have left in THAT CATEGORY.

Each night, if you would like, you can stop by the front desk at your resort and get printout of your credits grid. You may also ask for one at check in. I would advise you to do that and use tally marks to keep up with what you used. Then check them against what the front desk shows.

Snack credits are anything under 4 dollars.

I would say to use those to try some new things. The cream cheese pretzels back at Scuttles are AMAZING. Dole Whips, of course, funnel cake, anything you like really.

Just use the plan to your advantage and you will do fine!:wave:

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
WOW!!! Those are all GREAT suggestions! Is it bad when I'm reading these post and my stomach growls from hunger? :lol: Keep the suggestions coming!!!

Hey Master Yoda, what and where is the school bread? I've never heard or seen it.

In my best Homer Simpson voice: Yuuummmm, Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy treats!!!

And DisneyChik17, that's a great suggestion about the resort CM giving you a print out each day. Great way to check everything and know how much you have left.

Thanks for the replies everyone!!!

Upvote 0

DisneysRedHead

I didn't see anyone mention this so I'm throwing it out there so you aren't surprised.The number of credits you get matches the number of nights you are staying at your resort. So for example if you are staying 6 nights at a resort and have purchased a 7 day park pass, you only get 6 TS, 6 QS and 6 Snacks per person. Its not related to your park tickets at all.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
There are really great snack options...there was a link posted here some time ago that listed all snack options and it was PAGES long. We stayed at the Boardwalk and were able to get huge muffins and fruit tarts from the bakery, and on my last day I used a snack credit to get a latte. We also got ice cream, hot pretzels, etc. Most places the snacks are marked on the menu but you may want to ask to make sure.

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1539859/get_the_most_out_of_your_disney_dining.html?cat=16

Obviously it could have changed since then but it just shows you how many options there can be beyond the apple and bottle of water.

WOW Ariel. I just now pulled up that link and that is an extensive list of snacks! I didn't realize that so many things qualified as a snack. Thanks for the link! Again, the stomach is growling.

Upvote 0

mousefan76.8

Just to let you know I believe you are going during Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Many of the booths have snack options on the DDP. We found this a great option. Sorry but wine was not included

Upvote 0

Mr Toad

I think it is anything under the $4.00 mark can be used for a snack credit. I agree it is a waste to use it on water... water is free for heavens sake... Did you ever pay $4.00 for a small bottle of water anywhere?????
Ever been to a NFL game? I wish they were only $4.00 at FedEx Field !!!

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Well if it was that price I can just wait till we leave. Urks me that they can charge that much for a bottle of water that comes out of a tap somewhere with maybe a filter put to it....We go in Dec and needing water that time of year is not that much of a big deal as to compared to the summer months. But even then i would buy one bottle and keep filling it up as tons of other posters on this subject have done.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom