Questions Regarding POR.

teacup317

I have been looking at some of the other informational sites and the reviews for POR have been less than attractive. We loved POR the last time we stayed there, granted some years back. I would love to hear from anyone who has recently stayed at POR to get some feedback regarding the condition of the rooms, CM attitude and really just some generally overall thoughts from people who have stayed there recently. I appreciate all your feedback. Thank you.

Cynderella

We have stayed at POR atleast 15+ times and we have never had a complaint. We love it. Granted, depending on the room you may have a bit to walk to get to the food court and such. But the themeing is beautiful and it is just an all around great resort.
Just my opinion of course. :) We were just there in November and again, no complaints. The room was nice, the people were nice.

Upvote 0

CMTinkerbell99

I've been there and will be there in a few days

I last stayed at POR in Aug of 06. I did not have any issues. Very pretty resort and relaxing. Nice pool area too. This was just before the foodcourt was refurbished. I will be checking in to POR on 1/26 so I will try to remember to post about what we experenced. HTH

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I stay at PORS about 8 times per year (last stay was the second week of December 2007) and I can not imagine what people are complaining about. The grounds have always been beautiful, the rooms were perfect and the staff has always acted in a manner befitting a Disney cast member. I am sure a small percentage of the bad reviews have some merit but for the most part it seems like there are so many people out there that are not happy unless they are complaining about something.

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

We love it! We had great service there. My daughter got very sick at 4:30 in the morning after having Boma the night before - poor little thing was stuck sitting on the island of the toilet surrounded by Boma. I had no way of cleaning up that kind of a mess, I mean it was a big mess, and no paper towels or cleaners or anything. Maintenance came and took care of it all. I tipped the guy personally, I just couldn't imagine having to do that job.

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

We were there in Dec 06 and had a GREAT experience. Our room was nice and cast members were helpful. We had one incident of a cast member not giving us good info but it was corrected. You can't expect everyone to be perfect. (-: We are going back Dec 08. :xmas:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

We've been there many times - most recently this past fall - and ALWAYS loved it! Great Cast Members, beautifully maintained grounds, great entertainment in the lounge, romantic and peaceful atmosphere, boat transportation to DTD - I can't imagine what there is to be unhappy about!

Relax, and prepare to enjoy yourselves. :wave:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Award winning landscaping, beautiful theming, nice rooms, romantic walks, carriage rides, fishing hole, butterfly garden, Piano Man Bob ... what's not to like? Definitely my "home-away-from-home."

IMHO, you will always hear more about "bad" experiences than good ones since we all expect the best from Disney. When we get the best, we don't usually write about it. Take the bad reviews with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0

sarabi

I last stayed at POR Oct3rd-10th of 2006, so a little over a year ago. Prior to that, I stayed two other times, and once at POFQ.
I think the resort has gotten better with time. The bayou setting is getting better because the plants have finally gotten that nice overgrown look about them.
I still think the bus service as POR is the best of all the resorts.
The rooms are nothing really special, and the check in line could use some help as compared to, say, the luxury resorts, but once you get past check in, I think POR is still my favorite resort of them all.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

I have been looking at some of the other informational sites and the reviews for POR have been less than attractive. We loved POR the last time we stayed there, granted some years back. I would love to hear from anyone who has recently stayed at POR to get some feedback regarding the condition of the rooms, CM attitude and really just some generally overall thoughts from people who have stayed there recently. I appreciate all your feedback. Thank you.

Well I'm another POR Lover!!!! Up until Dec 06 when we finally became DVC members(and It broke my heart even though I can still go back to POR but its not a DVC resort) I love POR, stayed there every year from 1996 for our honeymoon when it was DIXIE LANDINGS , going sometimes 2 , 3 times a year up until 06 always staying at POR, never had a problem , Cm's we found were very niceI found always accomidating If I had a specific building area we wanted to be in or near they always worked their "magic". I always rant and rave about this resort, we never found the buses as some said in the past long wait for....I love our DVC home resort at SSR but there are things I miss about POR....I love the main dining hall, love Boatwrights.........Oh great food , every time..I miss Bob the piano man..he's just great fun!!!Pools ..Love them, to me always very clean....The grounds to mean were always spotless, I love the theming of this resort, very homey....Ok As you can see no complaints Great place!!!!! Although I do miss when it was Dixie landings and they use to play that great creole banjo music throughout the resort.....That was great stuff!!!!!!

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i luv it seriously, never any complaints, it actually reminds me of the plantations in new orleans. their beignetts (pronounced binyay) remind me of cafe dumought(SP?) a famous cafe that is faous for their beignetts

Upvote 0

KHockett

We just stayed there over Christmas (07) and will be going back in March 08. This is our favorite resort. Hands down. We have never had any issues. We love the bus service - it is so efficient there. We also like the food court, the rooms are comfy and the Mousekeepers made us little towel animals. I am sure the bad reviews come from isolated experience but all I have seen and heard has been great.

Upvote 0

teacup317

Original Poster
Thank you - Thank you

Thanks to all of you who replied. We are soooo looking forward to our trip and after reading disgruntled reports about POR (on another website) I'm not going back there, WDWMagic.com is the website for useful, helpful information.

POR is where we go to relax and that is EXACTLY what we are going to do. Today is 98 days and counting before we leave.... do you think it's too early to get out the suitcases. LOL!

Everyone have a wonderful, magical day! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

JDM

Thanks to all of you who replied. We are soooo looking forward to our trip and after reading disgruntled reports about POR (on another website) I'm not going back there, WDWMagic.com is the website for useful, helpful information.

My experience in April 07 was completely positive! (Okay, yes the air conditoner was noisy, but we worked around it.) The biggest compliment I can give is to say that YES, we would stay there again in an instant!

Beware of reviews on travel sites, Disney sites or wherever. It's my experience that if you read very carefully, you'll see that most of them were written by people who are very picky or just plain unreasonable (e.g. "The towels were clean, but didn't look brand new." or "The restaurant didn't know how to make my favorite dish, which I ALWAYS have when I travel."....or my personal favorite: "They didn't give us a free room upgrade! I'll never stay there again!")

Take everything you read on the internet (including on this site) with a grain of salt. But you do yourself a disservice by not checking out multiple sources.

HAVE FUN!!! I really think you'll love POR.

Upvote 0

Denver2WDW

POR is where we go to relax and that is EXACTLY what we are going to do. Today is 98 days and counting before we leave.... do you think it's too early to get out the suitcases. LOL!

My family and I took our first trip ever to Disney World back in the middle of June in 2004. Coming from Denver, we wanted to stay at a place that had a southern feel to it and POR was the obvious choice. From the moment we stepped onto the grounds of POR, we feel in love with it. Like what others have stated, the lush landscaping, the walking paths..everything was fantastic.
And I will go on to say if it wasnt from the shear beauty of POR, we probably would have never returned to WDW due to the fact we weren't prepared for the huge crowds that would meet us everyday at the parks. In fact, because of POR, we have gone every year,bought into the DVC, and plan on going every year until...until...well really we have no idea when we will stop going every year because we still love being there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom