Questions for Splitting your Stay between Resorts

Bowler Hat Girl

I've also seen a lot on the forums to help me make this decision, but I still have a few questions. This is my first time intentionally splitting my stay between two resorts, but you all make it sound fairly easy, so I hope someone out there can help with my questions.

I've got a trip booked for 6 nights at POFQ in September 2012, but I'd like to switch the last 2 nights to the Polynesian. I'm not on the dining plan, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal (especially this far in advance), but I'm wondering if I have to cancel my current reservation and book it again for the 4 nights and book the Poly separately? Is this something they can provide an easy fix for if I just call instead of trying to do it online?

Also, how do they deal with your park tickets? If they have to switch your room key, do they automatically add the remainder of your days to your new key?

Thank you so much for your help!

sbkline

I've also seen a lot on the forums to help me make this decision, but I still have a few questions. This is my first time intentionally splitting my stay between two resorts, but you all make it sound fairly easy, so I hope someone out there can help with my questions.

I've got a trip booked for 6 nights at POFQ in September 2012, but I'd like to switch the last 2 nights to the Polynesian. I'm not on the dining plan, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal (especially this far in advance), but I'm wondering if I have to cancel my current reservation and book it again for the 4 nights and book the Poly separately? Is this something they can provide an easy fix for if I just call instead of trying to do it online?

Also, how do they deal with your park tickets? If they have to switch your room key, do they automatically add the remainder of your days to your new key?

Thank you so much for your help!

You shouldn't have to cancel your original reservation. You can just call and say that you're now staying for 4 nights rather than 6. Then just tell them that you want to book a two night stay for the Poly back to back with your 4 night stay.

I think the park tickets are on your first Key to the World card; the one they give you at your first hotel. When you move to the Poly, you will have a room key card for the Poly and your ticket card from the first reservation, so you will have two cards per person to keep track of. However, I have seen this question come up here before (even though I've never done it myself) and I have seen others answser that you can combine them onto one card if you want. It's something that you will have to request; they don't do it automatically.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I think the park tickets are on your first Key to the World card; the one they give you at your first hotel. When you move to the Poly, you will have a room key card for the Poly and your ticket card from the first reservation, so you will have two cards per person to keep track of. However, I have seen this question come up here before (even though I've never done it myself) and I have seen others answser that you can combine them onto one card if you want. It's something that you will have to request; they don't do it automatically.

You're correct. When you check in you will have your old key that will be your park tickets and your new key that will be your room key. One quick trip to the Poly Concierge and you can get your park tickets moved over to your new room key. It's something that takes all of 5min. to do.

Upvote 0

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Just make sure those 2 nights at the Poly are available first, before nixing the last 2 nights of your POFQ stay.

and call Poly to ask if there are any open nights then before you call the reservation center. Same as DVC sometimes and the systems don't communicate.

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

Don't forget

When you are leaving the POFQ they can transfer your suitcases to the POLY for you. When you check out of POFQ let them know and then youo don't have to worry just show up at POLY in the afternoon and your bags will be there waiting. We do this every year, we go down the night before and stay at All-Star and then that morning we tell the Bell Captain that we are transferring to what ever hotel and they will send the bags that way.

Upvote 0

kjbean

Just to verify I understand this as I'm thinking of doing a similar resort switch for our future Sept 2012 trip:

We want to stay 5 nights (a Monday through Friday night) at POR, 4 day park tix and dining plan. Now I'm looking at possibly adding a night at a value BEFORE POR (on the Sunday night) and transfering over the next day on Monday. I was looking at possibly adding our dining plan and park tickets to the reservation for the 1 night at the value, and booking resort only for POR for the 5 nights. This is because I'd like to do our first park on that Monday, and not have to wait until checking into POR to get the park tickets. So it sounds like we could have our bags easily transferred from the Value to POR while we are at a park all day, is that right? So would that be possible to do the dining plan and park tickets on the 1 night reservation?

Upvote 0

Philo

You're correct. When you check in you will have your old key that will be your park tickets and your new key that will be your room key. One quick trip to the Poly Concierge and you can get your park tickets moved over to your new room key. It's something that takes all of 5min. to do.

For what it's worth, we did this a few years ago and we did have some problems with the room keys / park tickets. In the end it was just easier to have the tickets and room keys separate. We also had to settle the bill on the room key from the first hotel (AKL) when we left and had to re-open the account when we got to the second hotel (WL).

In all fairness, the amount of hassle was almost non-existent thanks to great cast members and I think the biggest problem was the park tickets, which was probably because we had the UK 14 day passes.

Upvote 0

Philo

Just to verify I understand this as I'm thinking of doing a similar resort switch for our future Sept 2012 trip:

We want to stay 5 nights (a Monday through Friday night) at POR, 4 day park tix and dining plan. Now I'm looking at possibly adding a night at a value BEFORE POR (on the Sunday night) and transfering over the next day on Monday. I was looking at possibly adding our dining plan and park tickets to the reservation for the 1 night at the value, and booking resort only for POR for the 5 nights. This is because I'd like to do our first park on that Monday, and not have to wait until checking into POR to get the park tickets. So it sounds like we could have our bags easily transferred from the Value to POR while we are at a park all day, is that right? So would that be possible to do the dining plan and park tickets on the 1 night reservation?

As far as I understand it (and this could have changed in the years between visits) but dining plan can not be used when splitting your stay between resorts, so that would be the big issue.

With regards to moving your bags, it happens like magic. Just go to bell services, let them know which hotel you're going to and they'll be there in a few hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom