Question on Value REsorts

aranha

HI!

I have some questions on Value Resorts!

1) CAn i Use Magical Extra Hours on parks if i'm on Value Rersort?
2) Do the shops on the park delivery what we buy there to the ROOM?
3) Do they offer Free Parking?
4) do they have free transportation to all other disney location (other resorts, parks, downtown disney etc ?)?

Thanks!!

mouselvrmom

1. yes you can use emh if you are staying in a value resort

2. the shops don't deliver to your room but to your resort, usually at the gift shop

3. we don't rent a car, but I believe that you can park at the parks for free when you stay at a resort

4. yes you can use disney transportation around the parks when you stay at the resorts

Upvote 0

aranha

Original Poster
Thanks for prompt reply!

I asked about the Shopping delivery because someon told me that only moderate and luxuary hotels had this option!

What about parking? Anyone knows if they charge parking at PARKS for Resort guests?
And if they charge Parking for the resort itself?

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

aranha

Original Poster
GREAT!!

Since i'm planning everying, i got a new question!

If i buy base tickets without hooper, can i get in 2 parks using 2 days from the same ticket on the same day?

Eg:

I have a 3 day base ticket.

Then 1st they i go to MK (use 1 day)
2nd day i go to MGM and EPCOT (use 2 days).

2 years ago i did that... But since everything changes i would like to certify!

Upvote 0

yankspy

GREAT!!

Since i'm planning everying, i got a new question!

If i buy base tickets without hooper, can i get in 2 parks using 2 days from the same ticket on the same day?

Eg:

I have a 3 day base ticket.

Then 1st they i go to MK (use 1 day)
2nd day i go to MGM and EPCOT (use 2 days).

2 years ago i did that... But since everything changes i would like to certify!
Nope. Have to use a hopper.

Upvote 0

aranha

Original Poster
God....

2 years ago I used to stay entire day in one park, and go at night to MK to see wishes.... and used same ticket (not hooper).
Just took 2 days from ticket in one day....

Now i understand why there is near no difference from 5 day to10 day base ticket...

Upvote 0

yankspy

I am not sure if you go a lot but if you do then your best bet that gives you freedom and makes the most sense economically is the 10 day hopper with no expiration. It may be a lot to pay at once but generally it will last you 2, maybe even three trips.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

When you are a guest at any WDW owned-and-operated resort, you enjoy full use of all WDW transportation. In addition, you don't have to pay to park at the resorts OR at any of the parks. The only differences between Value and Moderate and Deluxe resorts begin and end within the resorts themselves (such as the size of the room and the amenities the resort has). But every guest in every resort has the same basic rights and privileges.

If you buy something at a park and want it shipped to your resort, it gets shipped to your resort's gift shop, and you pick it up there ... they don't deliver to your room. Keep in mind that this delivery usually is set up for the next day. Another type of delivery is you can have your purchase waiting for you near the park exit ... in other words, you can buy it early in the day and then not have to lug it around with you through the park; however, there are time limits to this, such as it takes a few hours, and if you will be leaving the park soon you won't be able to use it.

About tickets ....

When you buy tickets, you aren't buying "admissions," you're buying "days." Unless you buy the Park Hopper option, you aren't permitted to enter two theme parks on the same day. After Day 4, the price of each additional day is only about $2 ... the price difference between a 4-day ticket and a 10-day ticket is only about $14 total.

If you try to use a non-hopper ticket in two parks in a single day, when you get to the second park the turnstile will not unlock, and the greeter on the other side will see a display which will inform him/her why you were denied admission.

I strongly disagree that it's always a good idea to buy a 10-day ticket with no expiration. A lot of times, doing this WASTES hundreds of dollars. This option only makes sense when the 10-day non-expiring ticket TOTALLY covers you park needs for two or more trips. If you have to add even one little park day for your second trip, then you've wasted hundreds of dollars as compared with buying separate tickets for separate trips. I can provide the math upon request.

Upvote 0

Simba One

I strongly disagree that it's always a good idea to buy a 10-day ticket with no expiration. A lot of times, doing this WASTES hundreds of dollars. This option only makes sense when the 10-day non-expiring ticket TOTALLY covers you park needs for two or more trips. If you have to add even one little park day for your second trip, then you've wasted hundreds of dollars as compared with buying separate tickets for separate trips. I can provide the math upon request.

If you hold a MYW ticket w/No Expiration, you can convert it into an Annual Pass within a year of the first date of use. So if you bought a 10 day ticket and the No Exp. option, you can hold onto it either for a trip at any time in your life OR if you get to go back within a year and want to visit for more days than you have left on the ticket you can take it to Guest Services and apply the full purchase price of the ticket media to the purchase of the AEP. We just did this last year and it worked great in saving us a bunch of money. We weren't sure we'd get back in '07, but when we did we didn't have to buy new tickets for our next 7-day stay.

Upvote 0

yankspy

When you are a guest at any WDW owned-and-operated resort, you enjoy full use of all WDW transportation. In addition, you don't have to pay to park at the resorts OR at any of the parks. The only differences between Value and Moderate and Deluxe resorts begin and end within the resorts themselves (such as the size of the room and the amenities the resort has). But every guest in every resort has the same basic rights and privileges.

If you buy something at a park and want it shipped to your resort, it gets shipped to your resort's gift shop, and you pick it up there ... they don't deliver to your room. Keep in mind that this delivery usually is set up for the next day. Another type of delivery is you can have your purchase waiting for you near the park exit ... in other words, you can buy it early in the day and then not have to lug it around with you through the park; however, there are time limits to this, such as it takes a few hours, and if you will be leaving the park soon you won't be able to use it.

About tickets ....

When you buy tickets, you aren't buying "admissions," you're buying "days." Unless you buy the Park Hopper option, you aren't permitted to enter two theme parks on the same day. After Day 4, the price of each additional day is only about $2 ... the price difference between a 4-day ticket and a 10-day ticket is only about $14 total.

If you try to use a non-hopper ticket in two parks in a single day, when you get to the second park the turnstile will not unlock, and the greeter on the other side will see a display which will inform him/her why you were denied admission.

I agree, which is why I said generally. I am thinking of the average stay. You are also assuming that I would add a day or two. If the 10 day runs out, I buy another 10 day. I also included that it gives you more freedom, which there is no equation for that. By always buying the 10 day no expiration, you never have to worry about when you need to use the tickets.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

If you hold a MYW ticket w/No Expiration, you can convert it into an Annual Pass within a year of the first date of use. So if you bought a 10 day ticket and the No Exp. option, you can hold onto it either for a trip at any time in your life OR if you get to go back within a year and want to visit for more days than you have left on the ticket you can take it to Guest Services and apply the full purchase price of the ticket media to the purchase of the AEP. We just did this last year and it worked great in saving us a bunch of money. We weren't sure we'd get back in '07, but when we did we didn't have to buy new tickets for our next 7-day stay.
With all due respect, this is not accurate. There must be a detail you've left out or mistaken.

All MYW tickets, even tickets with the No Expiration feature, cannot be added to or upgraded past 14 days from the ticket's first use.

In other words, if you use a ticket to enter Magic Kingdom on August 1, you have only until the end of August 14 to modify that ticket in any way.

I'm truly not trying to be rude or "in your face," but I'm very familiar with USA ticket media and I am certain that even No Expiration tickets cannot be modified or added to in any way after 14 days from the ticket's first use. If these were UK tickets, then I am not familiar with them and they may, in fact, have different rules.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I agree, which is why I said generally. I am thinking of the average stay. You are also assuming that I would add a day or two. If the 10 day runs out, I buy another 10 day. I also included that it gives you more freedom, which there is no equation for that. By always buying the 10 day no expiration, you never have to worry about when you need to use the tickets.
True ... if someone is "always" going to be going back to WDW over and over again through the years (but not necessarily on an annual basis when an Annual Pass would do the trick), then perpetually buying 10-day NE passes makes good sense.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom