Question for those who stay in the values.

clarabellej

Staying at Pop, we have walked over the connecting bridge and visited AOA. Even ate at their food court.

Worth mentioning that AOA is a sort of “sister resort” to Pop and actually is built where an extension of Pop was abandoned.

Sorry if this was already mentioned and I missed it. Little Mermaid standard rooms at AOA were once upon a time supposed to be a Pop expansion. That is why they are a little far removed from the rest of AOA.

Although the two resorts are in part mirror images, they feel quite different to me.

I have never stayed at AOA, but as I mentioned we have visited there when we were guests at Pop. We enjoyed the gift shop and walked around the grounds a bit.

We even hopped on an AOA bus when it showed up sooner than the Pop bus one night when we left Epcot.

This comes in handy as the two are connected by walkway by the Generation Gap bridge. I recommend it, especially if you are in the 60s section (our favorite) at Pop.

The most noticeable difference (IMO) is that AOA’s decor seems much brighter in terms of color. I think this is fun for kids.

Also, I believe AOA has interior hallways. I prefer Pop’s exterior ones. The buildings at AOA have a more prefab, “sharper” look to them.

Of course AOA has family suites.

I was a little disappointed in AOA’s Landscapes of Flavor food court. Not sure why but I prefer Everything Pop food court instead. It can be a bit hectic, but we enjoy the food there.

The night we stopped by AOA food court the lighting was dim. The fact that we had a foul mouthed Jersey Dad at the table next to us did not help. I thought the food would be more varied than it was.

For the most part we enjoy the Values. Do you run across some “riff-raff” now and again? Sure, but that might be the case anywhere.

Just my thoughts on the two. Again, I have only stayed multiple times at Pop and a few times at Movies.

First time on property was a moderate. Value wins hands down for me.

I am curious to see how the gondola system being built will change these resorts. There will be a Station or access right there, between the two, near the bridge.

kali1010

I just got back from staying at the PoP. When I take my grands it's the resort of choice. The Murphy bed situation was amazing as it really opened up the rooms. And the cast members at the front desk worked magic. Especially Manu! My granddaughter got ill on herself and we had to return to the room to get her cleaned up which caused us to miss her Bog dinner ressie for her birthday. He managed to get us in at a later time celebration salvaged! Now when it's my husband and myself its AKL for the theming and restaurants lol

clarabellej

I just got back from staying at the PoP. When I take my grands it's the resort of choice. The Murphy bed situation was amazing as it really opened up the rooms. And the cast members at the front desk worked magic. Especially Manu! My granddaughter got ill on herself and we had to return to the room to get her cleaned up which caused us to miss her Bog dinner ressie for her birthday. He managed to get us in at a later time celebration salvaged! Now when it's my husband and myself its AKL for the theming and restaurants lol
So glad the CMs were able to save the day for you. They always impress me, as they usually go above and beyond to help any given situation. I noticed when I called Pop front desk on our last visit. they were a little slow to answer the phone, but once they did were very courteous and helpful. We thought we would put our Murphy bed away, but ended up leaving it down. There were only two of us and I was very impressed at how the slightly larger beds (from full to queen) did not really hinder our space. I can see where having the Murphy up would certainly be great too! It was amazingly comfy!!

Dad 2 M & M

I always stay value resorts. My current fav is Pop century since they don't share buses like the all stars. I would love to stay at wilderness Lodge but I more prefer staying longer. Now I go for ,15 to 20 days at a time. You can go to any resort to eat and/or shop or sit in their lobby to chill. Since I am out of my room by 7am at the latest. And come back when the parks close I don't think for me it is worth spending for a deluxe resort. Give me a longer stay any time
Just out of curiosity, when did you have shared busing at an All-Star? I heard others mention this, but we've never experienced shared busing at an All-Star. It's either an Urban Legend, or happens during midday trips back to the resort (we rarely return to the resort until late in the evening).

Do find it comical the ONLY time we ever had shared busing was at Beach Club, with 100% of busing to MK and AK is shared between Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin. Deluxe busing is where you are guaranteed to see shared busing.

Dad 2 M & M

Just an FYI

Movies has some refurbs rooms as well...Murphy beds and coffee pots. The strange thing is, the rooms that have been refurbished are absent of the themes they once had. We liked the old decor.......

From top to bottom, our favorites are Pop, Movies, Music, and Sports....we stay away from Sports, and while we have stayed at AoA, we don't consider it to be a "Value Resort", or a value as far as price.

The jump in $$$ from a Value to a Moderate is enough to feed 2 peeps for much of the day!!

And the Motel 6 reference we keep hearing...really? Park your car overnight at a Motel 6, with luggage, shopping bags, etc sitting in plain view...

clarabellej

Just out of curiosity, when did you have shared busing at an All-Star? I heard others mention this, but we've never experienced shared busing at an All-Star. It's either an Urban Legend, or happens during midday trips back to the resort (we rarely return to the resort until late in the evening).

Do find it comical the ONLY time we ever had shared busing was at Beach Club, with 100% of busing to MK and AK is shared between Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin. Deluxe busing is where you are guaranteed to see shared busing.
The All Stars are shared buses. You make a stop at each of the resorts. Maybe you just lucked out and when you rode the bus, there were no other guests from the others.

clarabellej

Just an FYI

Movies has some refurbs rooms as well...Murphy beds and coffee pots. The strange thing is, the rooms that have been refurbished are absent of the themes they once had. We liked the old decor.......

From top to bottom, our favorites are Pop, Movies, Music, and Sports....we stay away from Sports, and while we have stayed at AoA, we don't consider it to be a "Value Resort", or a value as far as price.

The jump in $$$ from a Value to a Moderate is enough to feed 2 peeps for much of the day!!

And the Motel 6 reference we keep hearing...really? Park your car overnight at a Motel 6, with luggage, shopping bags, etc sitting in plain view...
The Pop renovation is toned down too. Especially color wise. They could use a Pop of color. Pun intended 😉

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I’ve stayed at the All Stars many times, probably around 10 stays. Most of the time the buses are NOT shared. The only time I have had shared buses was late afternoon and even it was not common. Perhaps in the low season it is more common that they share. I tend to visit a few times a year but during busy times. So from my experience the All Stars rarely share buses but it does happen.

Dad 2 M & M

The All Stars are shared buses. You make a stop at each of the resorts. Maybe you just lucked out and when you rode the bus, there were no other guests from the others.

This is incorrect and if it was luck, we need to play the lotto!! They might share buses at times, but we've stayed many times at each All-Star, and again, have NEVER had shared buses.

Below, are pictures of the DHS bus loop and actual signs at MK/AK. Both indicate a dedicated station for each ALL-Star.

AK Busing.jpg
DHS Busing.jpg
MK Busing.jpg

My guess is some may have actually had a shared bus during a midday trip back to an All-Star, but again, when we leave the resort in the morning, not matter which All- Star we are staying, we board an empty bus. When we leave the park at night, there has ALWAYS been a dedicated bus to EACH All-Star.....

**Edit**we'll be in Jacksonville next Sunday afternoon, and Disney for the MNSSHP Sunday night. We're hitting Epcot and DHS Monday. We'll be driving vs busing, but will be able check it the busing to see if things have changed since Labor Day.....

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

I’ve stayed at the All Stars many times, probably around 10 stays. Most of the time the buses are NOT shared. The only time I have had shared buses was late afternoon and even it was not common. Perhaps in the low season it is more common that they share. I tend to visit a few times a year but during busy times. So from my experience the All Stars rarely share buses but it does happen.
Cool...thanks for confirming it actually CAN happen!! We figured it must be an afternoon trip to or from the resort when it was slow. Strange thing is we have been during slow times (years back when there actually was slow times) and didn't experience it then either! Most who post the shared busing have read it elsewhere and think it is standard procedure.

The Deluxe Epcot Area Resorts are the only ones that have 100% shared busing!

clarabellej

Maybe I am misunderstanding. They drop on pick up at the various All Star resorts, not share with the other resorts.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Maybe I am misunderstanding. They drop on pick up at the various All Star resorts, not share with the other resorts.

And what I am saying is they usually have their own bus. One bus for SPorts, one bus for Movies and one for Music that go to the park and back from the parks. Occasionally one bus will service all three All Stars for each park but in my experience that has been rare and only at slow times of the day like the afternoon. Some people are under the assumption that these three resorts share buses to and from the parks all the time and that simply isn’t true.

Dad 2 M & M

That is the common misunderstanding. Each All-Star has its own dedicated bus. There MUST be slow times when busing IS shared (I still have never seen it). I have had a shared Pop/AoA bus late one night after EME at Epcot....that REALLY Is amazing as MOST say the mythical shared All-Star busing is a reason that steers them to Pop. We experienced shared busing at Pop!!
A couple of points:
1) If shared busing was standard procedure, the resort pick up schedule would be Sports, followed by Music, followed by Movies (or the reverse). During our stays at Music we would have had to board a bus already populated by Sports or Movies guests. We have never had that experience!
2) During the busy season a bus would never make it to the third stop (before filling).
And what I am saying is they usually have their own bus. One bus for SPorts, one bus for Movies and one for Music that go to the park and back from the parks. Occasionally one bus will service all three All Stars for each park but in my experience that has been rare and only at slow times of the day like the afternoon. Some people are under the assumption that these three resorts share buses to and from the parks all the time and that simply isn’t true.
Correct....back in the day All-Star shared busing legend must have been posted on one of the forums, followed by re-post after re-post....the rest is history

Last edited:

clarabellej

When we visited, they stopped at each of the resorts. It has been a very long time since we stayed at All Stars. I think we only did Movies. We are Pop people. We have always gone for spring Break (peak season). Reading up on it and you seem to have a good point. Apparently they are not always shared. That’s probably a good thing. We have used AOA bus to get to Pop. Does anyone else have issues with their iPhone screen jumping around or delayed typing on this site. Bugging the heck out of me! Anyway point taken buses are not always shared among the All Star resorts. I miss Disney😭. May not get to go next year. Was there last March, but I need my fix, lol!!!! Hence my being on this site. Helps to keep my “Disney-Homesickness” at bay.

aprincessatlasst

There is something quintessentially "Disney" about the values. I think its the kid like wonderment of it. I mean it is garish and loud but kids love it and it can be fun! We have stayed at all levels and have favorites for different reasons and seasons.

I have though stayed at POP and looked longingly over at the Polynesian. I have stayed at the Polynesian and looked longingly over at the busses for POP. I think it is knowing that they both offer a unique different type of "Disney" vacation. There are times we love the go go of the value and others that we love the relaxation of a deluxe. Long story short they both have their plusses and minuses. I will however not consider double beds anymore. I am to old for that. lol

clarabellej

There is something quintessentially "Disney" about the values. I think its the kid like wonderment of it. I mean it is garish and loud but kids love it and it can be fun! We have stayed at all levels and have favorites for different reasons and seasons.

I have though stayed at POP and looked longingly over at the Polynesian. I have stayed at the Polynesian and looked longingly over at the busses for POP. I think it is knowing that they both offer a unique different type of "Disney" vacation. There are times we love the go go of the value and others that we love the relaxation of a deluxe. Long story short they both have their plusses and minuses. I will however not consider double beds anymore. I am to old for that. lol
Po

Pop’s renovated rooms now have Queen-sized beds. One is a Murphy and can be lifted away, which creates more room space. Amazingly the room isn’t too terribly cramped with the addition of the queen beds. The Murphy was comfortable.

spacemtnfanatic

I actually think the values feel more "Disney" than any of the moderates or deluxes. But perhaps that is because I grew up going to them. That said, there isn't a whole lot of "value" to them these days and my guess is within five years they will be $200 a night rooms.

thomas998

Evidently there is an entire segment of folks who feel that the values are basically cheap and tacky and that one sign of the decline in Disney is that they built the values. The old Disney would never have built some thing so "crass" .

my question? Do you like the theming of the values? Do you feel that the service is less?

I know folks who love the values and that their kids really enjoy those over- sized statues.

Thoughts?
We've stayed at every type of resort multiple times over the years. I don't think the theming is inherently bad at the values. Nor do I see that the service is so hideous that I would complain.... but I will not stay there as a first choice, and most recently have only stayed there when we couldn't get a room in another high level resort and wanted the earlier fastpasses access... It isn't because the hotels are bad, it is just that they are vastly overpriced for what you get.

Now that they are charging for parking they have completely pushed me out of staying there anymore as I could at least justify part of the price as covering the parking... But the spartan rooms are too close to what I get in Motel 6 to justify the price Disney charges for them. We've found that for the same price we can stay at Universal's Cabana Bay which gives you much more for pretty much the same price, sometimes less if you catch a deal... and yes we have to drive further from there to Disney but it isn't that far and it also means our hotel is closer to reasonably priced places to eat than when you are a Disney Value and the closest non-disney food option is the most expensive McDonalds in all of Florida.

Driver

Shared busses at All Stars is not a guarantee. It is decided by management on a daily basis based on need. Yes it typically "can" happen mid-day or late evening after park closing. But during high volume times of the year may not happen at all. Your mileage may vary. On the other hand there have been times when "all" the EPCOT resorts are combined . A blanket statement that these things happen all the time is simply not true. I've seen post from many here who come down for a weeks vacation and assume the experience they had with Disney transportation is typical, the fact is it's very flexible based on need. One last comment, Deluxe resorts DO NOT get preferential bus treatment, all are treated the same. I have been chewed out by guest at the Grand Floridian because I'm ten minutes late. (not my fault) We can only go by how our dispatcher directs us. And all of us are bound by the same variable [traffic].

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom