Question for those who stay in the values.

m steve

I am another person who has stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and I agree with ppet word for word. In fact, I have found that the one bus stop transportation at the values (and POFQ) to be superior to that of the moderates and deluxe resorts. We are definitely park commandos and like the value resorts just fine.

Disneyfreak Jen

Evidently there is an entire segment of folks who feel that the values are basically cheap and tacky and that one sign of the decline in Disney is that they built the values. The old Disney would never have built some thing so "crass" .

my question? Do you like the theming of the values? Do you feel that the service is less?

I know folks who love the values and that their kids really enjoy those over- sized statues.

Thoughts?

I enjoy the Value’s. I’ve stayed at them many times. I’ve also stayed at Mod’s and at OKW. I have enjoyed every Disney resort I’ve ever stayed at.
I like the theming and the food courts. I’m staying at ASM in December and that will be my second stay there.
I do what makes financial sense for me.

DisneyJoe

The only downside for me: the walls are thin - you hear toilet flushing, babies crying, conversations, - everything comes through. Luck of the draw: we've had quiet neighbors, no problem. We've had a couple of louder ones at times.
I've personally had "thin walls" at all levels of Disney resort, much depends on who your neighbors are. My clients have said the same, even with the Grand Floridian.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
So I have stayed at AS Music, AKL, YC, and BC. The service has been the same throughout in my opinion. The walls are thin at all of their resorts but I never had an issue that was so bad I had to call and complain. The themes at the values are fun, especially for children. I don't have any children so my husband and I prefer the Deluxe resorts but will probably stay value in 2020 when we have a larger family trip with my cousins. To me, its all about what you need from your room. I'm not someone in the parks from dawn to dusk, so I like the larger rooms with balconies, my sister, on the other hand, loves to be there all day long so she really just needs a bed and a bath.

Disneyfreak Jen

I've personally had "thin walls" at all levels of Disney resort, much depends on who your neighbors are. My clients have said the same, even with the Grand Floridian.

I had thin walls at OKW. I was there during Hurricane Matthew, and the children next door to me were HORRENDOUS. All they did were scream and slam doors going in and out of the room. Thank the lord it was only the one day that we were “home bound”. They were so awful I wrote some Haiku’s about their behavior.....something about your children should live at Animal Kingdom. 😂😂😂

I’ve stayed at all levels, as well as DVC, and I’ve never really had an issue with the values. Of course, I’d choose a deluxe if money were always no object, but the values have served me well on several occasions, POP and AoA being my preferred if going with that style. And as has been said before, I frequently get superior bus service at values. One of the attributes that deters me from MK resorts is the bus sharing among resorts there.

toonaspie

You get what you pay for with the values. I'm glad they're in the process of updating them. And I do believe that the Values were necessary otherwise many wouldn't be able to afford a Disney vacation at all. I just wished that the rooms were a little bigger though.

mf1972

we’ve stayed at ASM at least a dozen times. the themeimg is nice, as well as the larger than life statues. never had an issue with other guests or customer service.
we stayed at POFQ last year & later this year, but won’t hesitate staying at ASM again. i see it’s getting some TLC right now. looking forward to staying there for our next trip.

Figments Friend

We haven't stayed on property now for several years, but we did stay at Pop a few times when our kids were growing up. No complaint about the theming really, but DH and I were pretty disgusted that there wasn't even a coffee pot in the room. Hopefully that has changed now.

Just returned from staying a week at All Star Movies in one of the freshly finished refurbed rooms.
It was quite nice, and included a instant coffee maker with all the supplies on hand in the room.
:)
New rooms also have a mini fridge with a clear glass door to aid in keeping contents visable.
They also now have a larger in-room safe located in the furniture, not the wall.

-

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
my question? Do you like the theming of the values? Do you feel that the service is less?

I know folks who love the values and that their kids really enjoy those over- sized statues.

Thoughts?

I like the theming, aka decor, of the values, in moderation. Service is adequate. That’s not the CMs’ fault, though. When I ask for towels at POP, I’m going to get the same service I would get at WL.

TARDIS

Values are perfectly fine and if I’m doing a mostly parks trip with no resort time I stay there. The theming is fine and great for kids and the price point is nice.I prefer the moderates/deluxes only because of the spread out feel. It’s nice to get off the bus and walk the resort while feeling like there’s barely anyone there, a nice break from the crowded parks.

Patcheslee

We haven't stayed in values be cause to quote DH "I don't want feel like I woke up in a cartoon". I understand he isn't as much into Disney so negotiate to stay at mods with less Disney feel for a bit more $$$. We only 3 of us the cost isn't as big if an issue as say a family of 5.

Mickey5150

I've stayed all over property and have chosen All-Star Sports as my home resort. I'm there once a year, sometimes twice. The All-Stars have been around since the mid 90's and the landscaping has grown up all around the resorts, covering up the "cheap" theme. The walk between buildings 1 and 2 at Sports looks like a walk around the Polynesian. All-Stars has some of the best transportation times and is just minutes from AK, with Epcot and HS not much further. The food court is a food court, it has food and it's edible. The pools aren't anything special but they do have light theming. Lastly, my weeklong stay at All-Star Sports is worth only 4 nights at a mod and 2 nights at a deluxe. I'll take the week.

juniorthomas

Hotel choice really only matters if you plan to spend a considerable amount of time at the hotel That is to say, if you spend all of your time at the parks, you likely won't really need to spend up on a Moderate or a Deluxe. The only time you'll be there is when you sleep, right? If you want additional amenities and better restaurant options, that's when you should go for the more expensive options. The benefit of so many on property housing options is those who dislike Values can stay elsewhere and those who like them can book them.

The service at the Value's isn't anything extraordinary, but it certainly isn't terrible. My kids love AoA and PC. Plus, the money we save there goes into fun at the parks. I'm not a fan of Value Resort bus placement at each park loop (Hello MK!), but that's something that we just have to deal with.

surfsupdon

I am fine with the theming at Values and am glad that they are available. I have stayed at Pop and Art before when all else was booked.

The worst part of a value resort???! No pool slides at main pool, no true quiet pool, and no hot tubs! Come on Disney!!

juniorthomas

I used to say this until I stayed at a deluxe. Now I value the feeling of waking into the resort and feeling like I'm still in vacation. We look for excuses to slow down and enjoy the resort
I hear you. For some, though, the cost to experience that feeling solely at the hotel has to be balanced against the cost of feeling it during in-park experiences. Everyone will most certainly have their preference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom