Question for the Brits really.......

emma c

Hello

Just pricing costs for disney and just wondering overall who you all find best to book with? So far for me I'm find thompsons cheapest. We did go last year and booked with them and just. Looking at going back in year or two.

Tiggertoo56

We've had Virgin for a package deal in the past, but use a local travel agent in Gloucestershire who has booked the last few times for us and got better deals - using Virgin flights (BA this time though) and WDW Travel Company (even having frequent virgin discounts). We know pretty much what we want/need now and tailor it to suit. Never had a car from airport to hotel - had MDE and collected car part way through and used Virgin Downtown drop off until this time, when we are having MDE back too.

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
I did feel bad last time this poor lady at Virgin done me sooooo many quotes for various options to go but then when we pop into thomsons and they brought same deal for grand cheaper......it's like big chunk of spending money! Have been looking today and booking myself with flights and disney but so far thomsons are stil winning price wise!

Upvote 0

melmel89

we booked with thomas cook for this year, they were the cheapest by a mile for the package we wanted. it probably won't be much use this year, but the agent we booked with stated that its cheapest to book between September and December as they tend to put the prices up from January onwards.

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
we booked with thomas cook for this year, they were the cheapest by a mile for the package we wanted. it probably won't be much use this year, but the agent we booked with stated that its cheapest to book between September and December as they tend to put the prices up from January onwards.
Ooo I got told flight wise it was best to book quicker as soon as flight was available as the prices start to go up as soon as seats get booked? Anyone else know different?

Upvote 0

melmel89

Ooo I got told flight wise it was best to book quicker as soon as flight was available as the prices start to go up as soon as seats get booked? Anyone else know different?
Im not sure how it affects flights i think the lady we booked with meant the package as a whole, but it wouldn't surprise me if the last few seats went for megabucks, I have had that happen with the likes of easyjet before.

Upvote 0

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Virgin every year for flights. Price is actually cheaper than ten years ago.

Alamo car separately. Cheaper that way. And check in online for the car the day before travelling.

Upvote 0

Longers

Always used to book the whole package with Virgin but for the past 2 years we have booked the flight with virgin atlantic, the hotel and park tickets directly with Disney and a hire car online and on average it's £300 cheaper. It costs enough to go so any savings are useful! Good luck

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
Would any of book your flights early as can to get hopefully better deal and then wait and do last minute disney hotel in hope of getting a last minute deal? Not sure I could handle the stress of waiting and maybe not getting what I want!

Upvote 0

Longers

To be honest we booked a Disney hotel one year and then canceled for a better deal including free dining. It was worth it even though we lost our £100 deposit as the savings we made far outweighed what we lost. I am actually thinking of booking for 2015. Disney hotel is available but flights only showing to April next year so now trying to decide whether to take a risk with the flights!

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
See that's the problem with the flights trying to get a good deal! So hard to get a good deal! We hoping for 2016 but I got friends hoping to go next year and have been helping them to see what's about.

Upvote 0

dave&di

To be honest we booked a Disney hotel one year and then canceled for a better deal including free dining. It was worth it even though we lost our £100 deposit as the savings we made far outweighed what we lost. I am actually thinking of booking for 2015. Disney hotel is available but flights only showing to April next year so now trying to decide whether to take a risk with the flights!
We've already booked our resort with Disney for next year, we also can't book the flights yet but the Free Dining and free Disney Dollars offer runs out in July so we didn't want to miss it!

Upvote 0

BLY

For the first time this Easter, after 16 years of flying with Virgin, travelled with US Airways from Manchester via Philadelphia. It was less than half the price of Virgin, which was worth the extra couple of hours journey time. The difference paid for our accommodation and Disney tickets. Was nervous about making the connections but when actually doing it, everything was fine. Would rather fly direct with Virgin but will definitely consider US Airways again if such a large price difference.

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
For the first time this Easter, after 16 years of flying with Virgin, travelled with US Airways from Manchester via Philadelphia. It was less than half the price of Virgin, which was worth the extra couple of hours journey time. The difference paid for our accommodation and Disney tickets. Was nervous about making the connections but when actually doing it, everything was fine. Would rather fly direct with Virgin but will definitely consider US Airways again if such a large price difference.
Yeah actually I mean from one point of view it such long flight that little break in between might be nice in way and if get savings like that it worth it as well!

Upvote 0
We book flights with Virgin and then hotel direct with disney. We are staying at Saratoga springs this year and booked our park tickets 14 for price of 7 and got free dining and £200 disney gift card. We had the dining plan 2 years ago and I know people can slate it on here but it works out sooooo much cheaper for us. If the kids ask for food we don't even think about the cost they just get it. That's what a holiday is all about in my opinion. This year for a family of 4 we are paying £6000. Flights, accommodation, park tickets, dining plan and gift card. Can't complain about that I think! (No travel agent got anywhere near it)

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
That's good deal we looking at 4000 for PORS dinning plan tickets hotel flight and transfers plus the gift cards and bits you get which when you try and price euro disney you might as well go to wdw and stay longer and have sun for that bit extra!

Upvote 0

Daniel Benton

We are part of DVC, thus accommodation isn't a cost for us, but we found that leaving the booking of our flights until about 6 weeks in advance wound up being the cheapest way!

To fly out on the 16th June, then return on 30th, from Gatwick to Orlando, non-stop, with Virgin was £468 each! :O We couldn't believe it!

As said before, we used Skyscanner, then booked directly through Virgin's website - i think we could have saved £5 each booking through 3rd party - not worth the risk in my opinion!

I did find that Kayak now do 'Price Forecasts', where the predict the trend in prices within the next 14 days - found this to be rather accurate!

On another note regarding non-DVC members - we always found that before we were members, package deals always worked out being cheapest - Travel City Direct springs to mind. Sometimes the full package worked out near enough the same price as the plane fare alone!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom