Question about Value resorts and 5 people

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedeye18

Hey Folks. Tentatively planning our 5th trip to the world, with a very special and new member of the family; a young girl we are trying to adopt. We are currently a family of 4 and stay in the value resorts (usually Pop). Financially we cannot afford to move up to the moderate resorts. I was wondering how easy it is/any ramifications if we bring her along, and dont mention her when checking in. We would buy her park tickets from ticketsatwork.com, which my company uses. The 4 of us would do the normal room/tickets/dining plan, and we would buy her meals straight up. is this possible? Dont want to get in trouble with the Mouse, but this child has never been to the World! Cannot WAIT to see her face....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WOW....really??? Who are you to tell them they can't afford it. Maybe they don't have children that they don't want to be left in a room, or their is some other circumstance where they want them to stay in the same room.
The OP said they could not afford any more than a single room at a value resort. Wm49rs was not making a judgement but merely restating a fact that the OP provided.

Hey Folks. Tentatively planning our 5th trip to the world, with a very special and new member of the family; a young girl we are trying to adopt. We are currently a family of 4 and stay in the value resorts (usually Pop). Financially we cannot afford to move up to the moderate resorts. I was wondering how easy it is/any ramifications if we bring her along, and dont mention her when checking in. We would buy her park tickets from ticketsatwork.com, which my company uses. The 4 of us would do the normal room/tickets/dining plan, and we would buy her meals straight up. is this possible? Dont want to get in trouble with the Mouse, but this child has never been to the World! Cannot WAIT to see her face....

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

yes, can not move up to moderate resorts.

If I misinterpreted I appologize, but I just found it to be a little rude for them to call the OP out like that. Let them make that decision not some random person they don't know on a forum.

Upvote 0

mrbghd

WOW....really??? Who are you to tell them they can't afford it. Maybe they don't have children that they don't want to be left in a room, or their is some other circumstance where they want them to stay in the same room.

I can say that becuase I can read. The OP stated they can not afford to move to a room that would legally hold the party size.

Upvote 0

mrbghd

yes, can not move up to moderate resorts.

If I misinterpreted I appologize, but I just found it to be a little rude for them to call the OP out like that. Let them make that decision not some random person they don't know on a forum.
There is no decision to make about affordability. The OP admits they cannot afford therefore they cannot afford it. Unfortunately, the OP and people like that need to be called out more in our society. A trip to WDW is not a right it is a privilege for those who can afford it. BTW, I think what the OP's intention of (1) adopting, and (2) givign that child a trip like this is great. Unfortunately it is not realistic.

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

I appologize to everyone, not trying to be that guy who turns the thread into an arguement. I just found the comments rude and uncalled for. If its the truth, then so be it, but you don't control their finances or anything else, so I don't see it your business or responsiblity to publicly call them out on it the way it was done.

Upvote 0

mrbghd

I don't see it your business or responsiblity to publicly call them out on it the way it was done.
They posted on a PUBLIC FORUM that they are going to commit a crime while trying to adopt a child simply because they CANNOT AFFORD to do it legally! I am sorry you do not agree with them being called out publicly but when people spend beyond their financial capabilities it eventually ends up impacting us all-see current financial crisis. I was not calling them out to be rude, but to be informnative, that is one of the problems with message boards-tone is hard to establish or understand. Unfortunately the OP needs to hear the TRUTH. They may not want to from a total stranger but then they should not publish their plans to commit a crime.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I think that the question has been answered, and the OP has more than enough information to make a decision.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom