Question about Magical Express

yozhik

My family will be landing in Orlando about 9am, about when should we expect to make it to our hotel (All Star Movies)?

NewfieFan

It depends... what date/day of the week are you arriving? Both times I have been quite lucky - DME line up was quick and there was a bus waiting for us which departed shortly after I boarded it. Both times I have arrived during a weekday (Monday & Tuesday). But I have heard horror stories...!

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I've used Magical Express about 4 times now and have never had a horror story. The longest I've ever had to wait at the airport for a bus was about 15 minutes. You should be at your hotel within about an hour of boarding your bus.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Have done DME at least 5 times at different times during the day. Early in the morning, mid day, and very late evening, have never waited more than 20 minutes before we were on the bus. Then the ride itself if your going straight to your resort will take 30 minutes. All I can say is just sit back and relax, they take care of it all for you.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

My family will be landing in Orlando about 9am, about when should we expect to make it to our hotel (All Star Movies)?

I have used DME upwards of 10 times, and it has always been about an hour, give or take 10 minutes. From the time you deplane to the time you walk into the lobby of the resort.

-dave

Upvote 0

mwbrown

Our DME experience was great. However, make sure you pack a carry-on type luggage with stuff you will want right away, as the luggage delivery within 3-4 hours of your arrival isn't always true either.

This will be especially important since if you land at 9am you will likely get to your hotel by 10 or so, but won't be able to get into your room for hours. Check in, get them to store any bags you don't need, get your bathing suits out of your carry-on and go for a dip in the Fantasia pool is my advice...

And have fun....as if you wouldn't at WDW...

Upvote 0

coltow

I have used DME upwards of 10 times, and it has always been about an hour, give or take 10 minutes. From the time you deplane to the time you walk into the lobby of the resort.

-dave
Not true if you have to wait to check in at ME. We waited over 30 minutes to check in in August and that was a Tuesday morning. The time before that @ ME there was no one in line and the bus was getting ready to leave when we boarded. We were at Pop within an hour of getting off the plane.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Not true if you have to wait to check in at ME. We waited over 30 minutes to check in in August and that was a Tuesday morning. The time before that @ ME there was no one in line and the bus was getting ready to leave when we boarded. We were at Pop within an hour of getting off the plane.

Maybe you had a bad DME that time. What I wrote IS true. I have used DME upwards of 10 times, and every time I have used it, it has been an hour +/- minutes from deplaning to lobby.

Of course there can be exceptions to every case. However there have been times when I have arrived at the DME desk to a line of over 25 people, at it STILL was an hour total time. Part of the "magic" about DME is that Disney knows what the crowds are going to be and when. Thats why they ask for your flight number. They know. for example, that between 10:00 and 10:15 AM there are going to be roughly 20 people going to POP, 15 to AKL and 2 to BCV. Then can then staff and schedule busses accordingly. Thats one of the reasons why it is so consistently one hour.

-dave

Upvote 0

Pens24

I used DME this summer goin to the poly...We were in the mk an hour and half after our flight landed...we walked off our plane got right on the bus and we were on our way to wdw

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

About an hour after you step off the plane until you are checking in at your resort seems correct as a normal time frame.

You're actually into WDW before you get to your resort.
Think of DME as the beginning of your WDW experience. It starts when you check in for DME. You're there with other guests loading onto your Disney bus, you ride the DME bus, you see Florida out the windows, and then soon you're inside WDW property. Everyone cheers!

DME is the beginning of the journey.

IMHO
:)

Upvote 0

coltow

Maybe you had a bad DME that time. What I wrote IS true. I have used DME upwards of 10 times, and every time I have used it, it has been an hour +/- minutes from deplaning to lobby.

Of course there can be exceptions to every case. However there have been times when I have arrived at the DME desk to a line of over 25 people, at it STILL was an hour total time. Part of the "magic" about DME is that Disney knows what the crowds are going to be and when. Thats why they ask for your flight number. They know. for example, that between 10:00 and 10:15 AM there are going to be roughly 20 people going to POP, 15 to AKL and 2 to BCV. Then can then staff and schedule busses accordingly. Thats one of the reasons why it is so consistently one hour.

-dave
Didn't work that way for us. We landed at 11:20am and didn't get to POFQ until about 1:30. The line for ME went beyond the roped "snake" portion. And like I said it was a Tuesday. I think they even had every station open at the desk.

Upvote 0
Either everyone else has been really lucky, or I have arrived at bad times. Both times that I have been to Disney, it took over 2 hours from the time we got off the plane to the time we got to the resort. The line at the airport alone took over 45 mins.... :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom