Question about Magic Kingdom entrance....

Yes you can. If you leave the front entrance of the Contemporary's main tower, turn right and walk past the waiting area for the WDW buses, you will continue on that same walkway for about 10 minutes (at a leisurely pace), and that will get you right to Magic Kingdom's main entrance.

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Wow that is too cool!

I wonder if its worth taking the bus to contemporary and then just walking there?

Kyle

Chape19714

Yes. The pathway, starts at the contemporary bus stop, and runs through the parking lot to the Magic Kingdom. There is one crosswalk along the way, and it is equipped with a traffic light and signs so you can safely cross. The walkway joins up with the path to the TTC ferryboat. It's pretty quick and easy!

Mansion Butler

Yeah, walking is definitely the best way to go from the Contemporary to the park.

Also forgotten by many, many people on busy days is that it's much easier to get into the park by walking to the Polynesian and taking the monorail to the Kingdom. And if the Polynesian is busy, just walk a little farther to the Grand Floridian.

That's how I got in over New Years, while others were waiting in the TTC line for about 30 minutes or more. Or, worse, waiting in line for the boat.

Oh yeah, and when you leave on busy days, walk to the Contemporary and then ride to the TTC to get back.

jmani56

Its definitely better to make the walk at night after Wishes lets out, otherwise you're likely to wait 45 minutes for a monorail or boat. Plus, you get a pretty cool view of Space Mountain.

And I second that trick about walking to the Polynesian and hopping on the resort monorail, it is much faster on busy days.

coasterridr

You can only take the resort monorail from the Contemporary. I don't think it matters what time of day it is...it's still the same amount of stops.

Unless you take the Monorail to the TTC and board the Express Monorail to the MK.....but that would probably take 7 to 10 minutes, less stops though

luvorlando

Wow that is too cool!

I wonder if its worth taking the bus to contemporary and then just walking there?

Kyle

If you are trying to get from a WDW resort (except the MK resorts) to the MK, it is always best to take the bus directly from the resort. They all bypass the TTC (monorail/ferry station) and drop you at the park itself.

If you travelling from MGM or AK to the MK, bus to MK.

From Epcot, monorail to TTC, monorail or ferry to MK.

From Downtown Disney, bus to Contemporary, then walk.

CleveRocks

If you travelling from MGM or AK to the MK, bus to MK.

From Epcot, monorail to TTC, monorail or ferry to MK.

From Downtown Disney, bus to Contemporary, then walk.
If you are in MGM or AK and want to get to MK by bus, then you will take the bus to the TTC. From there, monorail or ferry to MK. The buses from MGM and AK to MK don't drop off where resort buses drop off, they drop off at TTC.

Mansion Butler

If you are in MGM or AK and want to get to MK by bus, then you will take the bus to the TTC. From there, monorail or ferry to MK. The buses from MGM and AK to MK don't drop off where resort buses drop off, they drop off at TTC.

Or take a bus from AK or MGM to the Contemporary and walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom