Question about "day care" at WDW

DisneyBunny

Id imagine they bring stuff, maybe with your permission take them to the pool?

At night? Plus, oh HECK NO am I allowing a stranger to take my little one to a pool. Water is so dangerous. I know they'd probably have to be certified and all that, but I'm just a paranoid Mom, I guess :shrug:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
At night? Plus, oh HECK NO am I allowing a stranger to take my little one to a pool. Water is so dangerous. I know they'd probably have to be certified and all that, but I'm just a paranoid Mom, I guess :shrug:

I was just guessing? Maybe they just give them nyquil so they sleep the whole time, or stuff them in the room safe?

DisneyMusician2

Not trying to be mean but why even bring the little one if you don't want to drag them around. I couldn't see going to Disney with my child and not want to spend every waking moment with them.:shrug: I just don't think that I would be able to leave my child with a stranger in a hotel room. That's just me though.:)

I don't know about leaving or not, but I would definitely want my son with me most of the day, no matter how old, just to watch him experience some stuff even at a young age. I could see some nighttime or evening sitting to get a nice dinner in and such, though.

KingStefan

My question is what do they DO with your kids? If they're in the hotel room, that is. Do they bring games or something? Or just stick them in front of the TV the whole time?

Getting paid that much, just to have them watch movies with the kids seems a bit much. But it's not like I bring a boatload of toys with us either...

They will NOT take them to a pool, even if you wanted to sign a waiver. That is specifically prohibited by the company they work for. Liability reasons. However, they will take them almost anywhere else that you will allow. They will even take them to one of the parks if you pay their admission.

When we did it, we enabled one of the kids room keys for charging, and the sitter took our kids to dinner at the resort (CBR). They went to the food court and got "burger buckets" (I don't think they have these anymore) and the kids LOVED it. They were burgers and fries and a drink served in a sand bucket with a shovel. After dinner, they went to the big playground on the island in the middle of the lake there (don't remember the name), and then to the beach at our village (Jamaica) to play in the sand with their new buckets. Also on the jungle jim and slide there.

She also brought games and disney videos (back then all the rooms had VHS players), but they were so exhausted from all the other activities, she just read to them from some disney story books she brought with her, and they fell asleep, even though we told them and the sitter that they could stay up as late as they wanted to.

This was a short trip - long weekend, four full days and four nights (early arrival the first day), and we really filled it up with character meals and park activities, and this one particular night that they stayed with the sitter they said was one of the most fun nights they had on the trip. She really entertained them, and we had a nice night with each other. I really miss the floor show at Bongos. They had a Desi Arnez impersonator that was great, and some really cool Latino dancers. As much as we dearly love our kids and LOVE spending time with them at the World, they would have been bored silly at this activity, and would have been acting up and fighting with each other and getting into trouble. So we got to do something that would otherwise have been impossible, and they had a great time. Win-win.

I probably wouldn't want to do it more than once on a trip, even a longer one, but it was well worth the money, even as pricy as it was.

PanfanAL

Every child is different. But the best trips I have ever taken were with my son. The last 2 years, he was age 2 and 3, and he handled most of it better than we did. He napped during the day, in his stroller. So it was great. But to each his own.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Its not only that parents just let their kids bully them. Id snap. Id take them RIGHT back to the room and we can sit there till they learn to how act. Your kid is being SUPER annoying to EVERYONE around get him/her in line. Thats when I would pay the sitters and just go off and have a good time. It would suck and Id feel terrible but I'm sure they wont act like idiots the rest of the trip.

I was sitting outside Everest and some kid was playing in the dirt. His mother was next to me and kept saying get out of the dirt, get out of the dirt...She had to have said it 20 times and finally I said seriously you need to grab him and go somewhere else or sit him down cause you are on my nerves. I was told to mind my own and I said I was till you two came and sat here and I have to listen to your kid punk you. There was a woman and her husband sitting next to me on the other side and they started clapping.

chwilson88

So funny blackthidot, I fully agree with you though, and have wanted to say such things but haven't had the guts! I can't stand parents that can't control their kids...and I will be using the kids nite out service a few times at night for our daughter and think adults need their own time as well...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So funny blackthidot, I fully agree with you though, and have wanted to say such things but haven't had the guts! I can't stand parents that can't control their kids...and I will be using the kids nite out service a few times at night for our daughter and think adults need their own time as well...

Normally it does bother me a little but Im normally in a position where its in passing or I can walk away but I was kind stuck there with the kid, and idiot parent.

kitten2299

I used kids nite out in 2004 my DD was 8months old and we wanted to go to Victoria and Alberts. When I called for a sitter the explained everything to me that all sitters are CPR certified they are insured and bonded. It was expensive you have to pay for a min of 3 or 4 hrs there was another fee ait came to approx $90 for about 5 hrs. The sitter was great she asked questions about feeding and diaper changes which I already had written down when we came home DD was sound asleep and the sitter had written down what time she had her bottle how much she drank and what times she had changed her diaper. I would tell your friends to call and ask questions.
I dont think there is anything wrong with getting a sitter one or two nights everyone is allowed adult time. Last time we went in 2007 DD 4 we did not get a sitter but thats only because we didnt go to dinner anywhere that she couldnt go to.

alecshawn

Not trying to be mean but why even bring the little one if you don't want to drag them around. I couldn't see going to Disney with my child and not want to spend every waking moment with them.:shrug: I just don't think that I would be able to leave my child with a stranger in a hotel room. That's just me though.:)
I agree.
To me, its close to neglect to leave them with someone that is COMPLETELY unknown.
When folks use daycare/babysitters at their "real life" they know them or at least get refrences.
I just cant imagine leaving my kids with someone that is literally 100% not known.
Very irresponsible if you ask me.
Even with our preschool, both us and our child went together to get to know the teacher and other kids. Same with kindergarten.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom