Question about Checking In and AP Rnewal

fosse76

Due to scheduling, my annual b-day trip to WDW is being moved up a week, which means I won't need to renew my AP. However, I have a Give a Day, Get a Day voucher, so I will need to visit again before it expires in mid-December (any excuse to go back). With that voucher and my Disney Visa points, I figured that I will just wait until December to buy a new AP, which means I won't get the renewal savings.

Now to my question. Assuming they offer an AP discount for room-only, I know I can book it as long as I show the AP when I check in. However, since I would be taking DME, I'd have to leave my luggage with the concierge services. Can I do that without checking in? I know this assumes a discount, but I want to cover all my bases. I'm taking a small weekend trip next month, but will be three days shy of the 30-day renewal window (naturally).

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Due to scheduling, my annual b-day trip to WDW is being moved up a week, which means I won't need to renew my AP. However, I have a Give a Day, Get a Day voucher, so I will need to visit again before it expires in mid-December (any excuse to go back). With that voucher and my Disney Visa points, I figured that I will just wait until December to buy a new AP, which means I won't get the renewal savings.

Now to my question. Assuming they offer an AP discount for room-only, I know I can book it as long as I show the AP when I check in. However, since I would be taking DME, I'd have to leave my luggage with the concierge services. Can I do that without checking in? I know this assumes a discount, but I want to cover all my bases. I'm taking a small weekend trip next month, but will be three days shy of the 30-day renewal window (naturally).

You can leave your luggage at the resort and head to the parks without checking in. I've never been asked for any proof that I am staying at the resort.

Oh...and assume away for a December AP discount. I am not so patiently waiting for one myself. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I'm not 100% sure but I think as long as you show them an annual pass within the first day of checking in you're okay. I'm sure if you had your expired one just in case they ask and then explain you're on your way to go get the new one they'll work with ya. I've used an AP discount many times but have never been asked to see the pass. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They know if you have a valid AP and book a discounted room, so they don't ask. If you haven't got a current AP but don't have tickets on your ressie, sometimes they'll ask, sometimes they won't. The one time I was asked I came back the next day with the AP and the CM said there was no real need, because they "knew me". If they do ask, it's usually OK to return in a day or two to prove you got one.

And as has been said, yes you can store luggage even though you haven't checked in.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Original Poster
You can leave your luggage at the resort and head to the parks without checking in. I've never been asked for any proof that I am staying at the resort.

Oh...and assume away for a December AP discount. I am not so patiently waiting for one myself. :lookaroun

I didn't think they did, but since I wouldn't be returning until late to check-in I thought I'd ask, just in case. I've only had to store my luggage once because my room wasn't ready in my room. So I wasn't sure if they monitor things like that. But it's good to know. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom