Pyro cut from Peace on Earth

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a little background before I get asked for credentials.
I've been really lucky and seen Peace on Earth several times per year, every year, since the very first show in 2004.

I've noticed this year that quite a bit of pyro has been cut from the finale. The ending is nowhere near as intense as it has been every other year. It isn't really noticable on video, but in person, the sound pressure just isn't there. Previously, it would pound into your chest and head - not anymore.

It's still a nice show, but it's lost it's kick. I think now all the firework shows have been cut - Wishes, regular IllumiNations, all the party shows, and now Peace on Earth.

I know a lot of people don't care, as it's still an extra show, and to the new viewer, it will look largely the same. I just wanted to let those know that are interested.

Disney have made a huge profit this year, increased admission fees, yet continue to offer less.

lilclerk

I've noticed this year that quite a bit of pyro has been cut from the finale. The ending is nowhere near as intense as it has been every other year. It isn't really noticable on video, but in person, the sound pressure just isn't there. Previously, it would pound into your chest and head - not anymore.

I was wondering if this was the case. I saw it for the first time this week and I wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought I would be. Not that I didn't enjoy it! But it wasn't as earth-shattering as reviews made it out to be.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was posted, and affirmed that only about 30 shells were cut, and the difference was not as noticeable as you say...Did they do more? :(

I know that Steve has confirmed between 30 and 40 cut from Wishes, and a similar number from IllumiNations.

I don't know of any confirmed details on Peace on Earth. It appeared to be far more than 30 pieces to me, but I don't have any numbers. I can just report it doesn't kick you in the chest anymore - it did before. If I had to guess, I'd say the finale is around 20% less than it was before - but it's a guess - no hard numbers.

EPCOT Explorer

I know that Steve has confirmed between 30 and 40 cut from Wishes, and a similar number from IllumiNations.

I don't know of any confirmed details on Peace on Earth. It appeared to be far more than 30 pieces to me, but I don't have any numbers. I can just report it doesn't kick you in the chest anymore - it did before. If I had to guess, I'd say the finale is around 20% less than it was before - but it's a guess - no hard numbers.

So, it's less noise, than anything? And visible effects gone? (Like the REALLY big mums?)

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
So, it's less noise, than anything? And visible effects gone? (Like the REALLY big mums?)

Well it's less noise from less pyro. In person, you can see and hear that there is less pyro. On video, in 2 dimensions, it looks and sounds largely the same. That is the difference I was trying to get over.

EPCOT Explorer

Well it's less noise from less pyro. In person, you can see and hear that there is less pyro. On video, in 2 dimensions, it looks and sounds largely the same. That is the difference I was trying to get over.

Well...We shall see. :lol::eek: I'll let you know in a week.

It's a shame though that these cuts ARE being made, and are being noticed.

dxwwf3

If people notice a few shells out of the hundreds or thousands they use then they really have issues :lookaroun

It would be easy to notice them missing from the finale of PoE though. Very easy. I think that the PoE tag is the best aspect of Illuminations since the original show ran.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
If people notice a few shells out of the hundreds or thousands they use then they really have issues :lookaroun

Nah I don't have issues. Just observant, very interested in firework shows, and seen the show a lot of times. I notice when things change. I hang out on WDWMAGIC and send stuff to Steve for the site because I'm a WDW fan, and I like to share info etc with other fans who are interested at the same detailed level. If this level of detail isn't your thing, just don't read it.

Hrudey3032

Nah I don't have issues. Just observant, very interested in firework shows, and seen the show a lot of times. I notice when things change. I hang out on WDWMAGIC and send stuff to Steve for the site because I'm a WDW fan, and I like to share info etc with other fans who are interested at the same detailed level. If this level of detail isn't your thing, just don't read it.

Guess you have not heard of sarcasm. Another person who takes every little post too serious :rolleyes:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Guess you have not heard of sarcasm. Another person who takes every little post too serious :rolleyes:

If you find that people are taking your posts too seriously maybe they aren't coming across as you intend. Sarcasm isn't always evident in the written word :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well...We shall see. :lol::eek: I'll let you know in a week.

It's a shame though that these cuts ARE being made, and are being noticed.

I'm sure the park officials would certainly prefer if no one noticed. Just like LoW quietly going by the wayside. Ooops.....:)

tirian

The Illuminations/PoE cuts aren't very noticeable; just a few days ago, Illuminations was running at almost 100%, including the perimeter flares.

But the cuts in Wishes are EXTREMELY obvious, and the majority of cuts seem to have occurred in the "Wish for Love" segment.

EPCOT Explorer

The Illuminations/PoE cuts aren't very noticeable; just a few days ago, Illuminations was running at almost 100%, including the perimeter flares.

But the cuts in Wishes are EXTREMELY obvious, and the majority of cuts seem to have occurred in the "Wish for Love" segment.

:D Good. Those are always fantastic.

Wish for Love? That's Beauty and the Beast, right? What's gone, the comets?:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom