Purses in the park.

Elonwy

Think Hip Purse NOT Pack

The old bunchy, baggy nylon hip-packs of the 80's aren't you're only hands free options any more. I actually have a Gucci bag that goes around my waist. It's sleek, comfortable and fashionable in a taupe colour with chocolate colour trim and gucci signs on it.

I also have purses from www.hippurse.com which you can wear a few different ways including around your waist.

I have a few reasons I like the around the waist option:

1) it feels more secure in rides
2) you have hands free for ice cream eating and park map browsing
3) no purse straps crossing over your shoulders or in front of our chest in photos

As long as you can carry the basics, money, ID, etc you should be fine in the parks. Just remember that they are NOT packs! :)

I don't usually carry a bag, just use my husband's (if he's with us) cargo shorts, or my sons.
If I do carry something, it's just my camera bag which has a little pocket to keep our keys, gift cards, etc.

I have been using what I call my "park purse." It is small but has compartments for just about everything I need. It has an interesting zipper that unzips in a square fashion so that when the purse is open you can see everything and find what you need quickly. I've never seen anything like it before.

I'm going to try some of the things suggested here though on my next trip. Lots of good ideas. :sohappy:

PrincessBitty

When I was at WDW 2 years ago (I did see a similar style there again last Nov) I picked up a really well designed park bag at our resort shop. It's a small over the shoulder bag w/ 2 main compartments (sm & lg) plus separate spots for pens, park passes, cell phone, & best of all, it is water-resistant (we've taken it on many a water ride & nothing ever gets wet!).

Disneykidder

Travelon is the company name of great messenger style bags that are small and conpact and have lots of pockets for stuff. The two that I mentioned that I use are both travelon. I agree with soemones post, though. I wrap it around my legs on rides and then it never gets forgotten. :)

I have another bag that I used one year and it has a magnetic closure....well, it DEmagnetized my KTTW card twice. I had 3 cards that trip. My DH carried it in one of his cargo pockets(gotta love the cargo) after the third!:lol:

DisneyDancer312

i actually was just having this discussion with my mom. im going next week with my senior class and my mom isnt going to be there to hold everything haha.:hammer: i agreed on the sling bag. and i think that is what all my friends are doing! have a good trip! :wave:

HappyHaunts999

I know " packs" are so not cool, but they are so very practical. I mean, wearing a large green hat with ears hanging off it not so cool either, EXCEPT if you are in Disneyworld. Right? I bought a really neat pack at the Expedition Everest store last year. It looks like something you would use camping or hiking and it really does the trick for holding all my goods while keeping my hands free.

fauna

I love a small backpack purse, but I have 2 kids and thus have to carry quite a bit.

I know travelon makes several cute smallish organizer bags that are convertible - can be a shoulder bag, a cross-body bag or a waist bag. I would try QVC.com - I know they carry a lot and are reasonably priced.

Have fun on your trip!

sweetpee_1993

I purchased this little bag for my trip. http://www.ebags.com/ebags/terrace_shoulder_pouch/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=94557
It has plenty of room for my camera, glasses and sunglasses, plus lip balm, small wallet, travel sunscreen and travel lotion, and medicine. I've been wearing it all week and it's comfortable and easy to use.

Oh! That's a good one..and on sale, too! Which color did you get? I'm liking that green...

They had similar bags to this up in town at the Gander Mountain. Think they were Columbia brand. I liked 'em but they cost like $30. :)

Ya know, this little bag could easily be customized with some cleverly placed pins and Disney patches. JoAnn's had a bunch of Disney patches when I was in there last week, too. :wave:

lilclerk

I bought this last night while I was at the mall. It's small, cute, and can be worn cross-chest:

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90052&productId=0427_7756

That's very similar to what I use. I have a small, pocket-sized purse with a super-long strap that can be worn across my chest. I just tuck it in next to me on rides.

http://pics.livejournal.com/lilclerk/pic/003e1573/s640x480
There's the strap (you can see where I also have a camera case with a belt loop and my cell phone on a belt loop as well... you can also see where the boy's pockets are particularly bulgy because our water bottles are in there :D)

And here you can see the size of the purse itself.
http://pics.livejournal.com/lilclerk/pic/003gdhax/s640x480

baz212

Oh! That's a good one..and on sale, too! Which color did you get? I'm liking that green...

They had similar bags to this up in town at the Gander Mountain. Think they were Columbia brand. I liked 'em but they cost like $30. :)

Ya know, this little bag could easily be customized with some cleverly placed pins and Disney patches. JoAnn's had a bunch of Disney patches when I was in there last week, too. :wave:
I got the purple one. My favorite color.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom