Purple Magic Band is available!!!

JohnD

Yep Shop Parks App has all the solid color bands for sale and all the ones with designs in it for sale as well. They always sold the solid color ones for those that stay offsite if they wanted to still by the bands. And purple when it first came out that was the only way to get it. :)

DisneyStore.com and that too.

JohnD

Lol well thank you both! I haven't been to WDW since Dec 2011 and we have an off-property timeshare. But I've always thought these were really cool and will probably buy them just bc I can for my next trip, hopefully this year!

Yep! Totally your option but not required. If you're going to buy, if I were you, I would purchase a graphic magic band just because it's different and the image, whatever it is, suits your style.

This will get you started: http://www.disneystore.com/magicban...searchTerm=magic+band&catalogFromSearch=10002.

As already stated, you can download the Disney Parks app too. That tends to be more current with items already in the parks that may not necessarily be found on DisneyStore.com.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's about bloody time. Purple is my favorite color, but I refused to pay $13 for something I should get free as a resort guest!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Why did it take them over 2 years to add this much requested color option to their standard band lineup?? Yet they are able to turnout Frozen, Star Wars, special characters, and event bands at the drop of a hat?

According to several CMs I asked - ones that sell the bands (and of course, bus drivers ;)), Disney had a problem getting the exact purple color they liked. One CM said that one purple prototype MB was made - for the daughter of the inventor/designer of the bands, since that was her favorite color.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I will also need a maroon and burnt orange wrist band with a Mickey in a VT Hokies football uniform. I've already got the T-shirt, now I just need the matching wrist band. ;)

I'm sure customizing for your favorite sports team is coming - if you can buy a NY Yankees Mickey pin, then why not a NY Yankees MB? Just be prepared to spend over $30 for it - I got my purple magic band with my favorite princess (Aurora) at the shop next to Space Mountain.

And there are 3rd party vendors from which you can purchase "skins" overlays for the bands. My daughter got bride and groom ones for their wedding - the skins were very nicely done and the holes lined up perfectly with the bands.

JohnD

It's on its way!
PurpleMB.jpg

Stevek

I find it kinda funny that when MB's were originally released, people were all over Disney for making them collectible by selling special bands and now, we have people getting excited about purple bands and there is a whole set of folks in general that collect all the different MB's. They apparently know the market much better than some folks think...fans will collect anything and everything.

yedliW

So for off-site guests there isn't much advantage of paying the $13 for a band, mainly that you don't need to get tickets out your pocket and you don't need to touch the reader at the photo screens to get on-ride photo.

I could be wrong.. but don't you need a MB to get photos and the video from the Mine Train? There isn't a place to scan a card when you get off the ride.. it just lets you out, back into the park..

Jon81uk

I could be wrong.. but don't you need a MB to get photos and the video from the Mine Train? There isn't a place to scan a card when you get off the ride.. it just lets you out, back into the park..
You are correct. But if you aren't buying Memory Maker it's still not worth paying $13 to have the opportunity to spend $15 to download a photo. Obviously if you are getting Memory Maker then MagicBands are more worthwhile to get automatic photos on all rides.

tribbleorlfl

So, my wife got her purple magic band yesterday! What was strange was they still sent her original blue one with the rest of the order which arrived Tuesday.

PicShop-479E3A195CA595ADAC4784309DB6D5BB~2-01.jpeg

Attachments

• PicShop-479E3A195CA595ADAC4784309DB6D5BB~2-01.jpeg
    PicShop-479E3A195CA595ADAC4784309DB6D5BB~2-01.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 36

Cmdr_Crimson

I recieved mine.....But, did anyone else not get the Passholder 2016 Slider with theirs...I didn't get one..Not a loss but, it would have been nice to have..

deeevo

I recieved mine.....But, did anyone else not get the Passholder 2016 Slider with theirs...I didn't get one..Not a loss but, it would have been nice to have..
I got my slider since I waited to get my MB until February but I never got an updated discount card. They checked it while I was in World of Disney and told me my card was expired. I guess I need to call a get a updated one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom