Purple Magic Band is available!!!

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I just called the Walt Disney Travel co. and the rep confirmed as much. Since there is no travel date with AP's, it goes right into "Fulfillment" status and cannot be modified prior to moving to the "Shipment Status." However, the rep apparently CAN stop the shipment from automatically going out and then modify the order at that point. Will let everyone know how this goes down as he said he would email me in the next day or two with an update.
Yes please do!!! I hope it works out for you!! Marie

hokielutz

Why did it take them over 2 years to add this much requested color option to their standard band lineup?? Yet they are able to turnout Frozen, Star Wars, special characters, and event bands at the drop of a hat?

LSUxStitch

Why did it take them over 2 years to add this much requested color option to their standard band lineup?? Yet they are able to turnout Frozen, Star Wars, special characters, and event bands at the drop of a hat?

I think the purple band was having color stay/bleeding issues. I'm assuming this has been fixed and ready for primetime.

They also held off and only offered purchased ones for a quick money grab, since it was a coveted color. Why not make money on it before releasing it.

Launchpad McQuack

Now they just need a white one and a black one. And a light blue. The end.

I'm with you on this. I really want as black one at some point and a light blue one. I haven't had a blue one before because the color they have now is more of a Duke blue, and I need a Carolina Blue one.

My wife is pumped about the purple one, and I know my niece will be thrilled.

That's great to hear!

I'm going in April for the first time in 5 years (this is my first encounter with MagicBands), but I was staying offsite anyway, so I got a purple MagicBand off the Disney Store website. I also customized it with my own (don't judge me) Jar Jar Binks cover from Magic Your Band and got the slider set with the Star Tours slider when Mom was concerned about the bands getting lost. My sister got a pink MagicBand with a Bing Bong from Inside Out cover on it and a Figment slider, but since we're talking about purple MagicBands, I will only show you the picture of mine!
30trm39.png
oiel9l.png

I think this is also good news because I've read that if you loose a MagicBand, they can ask you what color it was and give you a MagicBand in the color of the one you lost. In the event my MagicBand should get lost, I am happy to know that I will be able to get it replaced with the correct color that my MagicBand was instead of a grey one!

I wonder how much longer it will be before the other character MBs are available (for an upgraded cost of course). I think they should make the Belle or Stitch, etc. available when choosing online.
That sounds like an awesome idea! Maybe you can pick what character design you'd like on your band regardless of what color you have unlike the preset colors that the character ones you can buy have? Plus, if you're the type who doesn't do things like Magic Your Band, it can be a great way to distinguish which MagicBand you used on what trip! (That is, if you did not choose a different name for the inside of your band each time!)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
That's bizarre that you used to have to lol. I've never used them but when they first announced them/always talk about them, the company uses the photos of all the colors. I never read anything about buying any of the colors. Oh well, no big deal.

Yep Shop Parks App has all the solid color bands for sale and all the ones with designs in it for sale as well. They always sold the solid color ones for those that stay offsite if they wanted to still by the bands. And purple when it first came out that was the only way to get it. :)

Jon81uk

Wait I thought I read that you HAD to stay in a WDW resort to use Magic Bands? I'm confused haha.
Anyone can use a band instead of a ticket card at the turnstiles, FP touch points and for Photopass. Magic Bands also automatically register you against your on-ride photos. Only resort guests can use a band to charge spending back to their room account and unlock their hotel room door.
So for off-site guests there isn't much advantage of paying the $13 for a band, mainly that you don't need to get tickets out your pocket and you don't need to touch the reader at the photo screens to get on-ride photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom