Purchase Fastpasses online Prior to visit

Fantasmic

NO NO NO NO NO! This is ridiculous! Who want's to plan their vacation down to the time they want to ride a specific ride! MADNESS!

ArtieJim

Sounds like a terrible idea. Why plan your vacation down to the minute 180 days out? It's one thing for dining reservations, but fastpass? Come on.

KingdomofDreams

As with most things Disney offers, this won't appeal to everyone. I'm sure the current FP system would remain in place for those who prefer more spontaneity. But options are what it's all about, especially with a place like WDW.

Personally, I'd love to see this implemented. Whether I'd participate or not would depend solely on what the cost to me would be. A trip to WDW is getting ridiculously expensive with less and less being offered for the money, so we'd probably have to look at reducing costs somewhere else to pay for this option. But it is an option I'd very much like to have.

stlbobby

I love this idea. I love planning. I get almost as excited about making my ADR's as I do about actually going to Disney.

I also think that those willing to put in the time and plan ahead should be rewarded with a smoother vacation. Isn't it the American way that hard work is rewarded?

The naysayers are assuming the worst. I doubt these new fastpasses will make everyone plan everything down to the minute. More likely they will be for certain windows or a particular number of rides per day. The new passes will be worked into the system currently in place and the average guest won't even notice a difference.

I also doubt WDW will be selling these passes. They have seen the resentment that causes in other parks. WDW is a master of providing upscale options without throwing it in the face of the average park attendee--Club 33 or Wishes Dessert Party.

My money is on them including the option in packages. This has been their strategy for years. The only distinction made in the parks is on-property guests and off-property guests. Just like extra magic hours this will be used to lure people into the hotels. Where they really make their money anyway.

stlbobby

Those complaining about the lack of spontaneity are forgetting three things.

First, the parks are so much busier all-year-round now, moving people efficiently is a much higher priority than in the past.

Second, they are forgetting for the average visitor, not the fanatics here on this board, WDW is a once every few years or once in a lifetime vacation. For those people they hate waiting in the lines, especially with small children, and they want to "see it all". This will help on both accounts.

Finally, no one is forcing anyone to use ADR's, hotel reservations, or this possible new system. If spontaneity is your ultimate goal then don't use these systems and just go and have fun.

KingdomofDreams

^ Me too. I have everything planned out already and usually use a touring plan, so this would just be icing on the cake for me.

And just thinking out loud here, but if you provide this option for your resort guests, EMH's would not be such a big deal. I think Disneyland has a great idea with opening one hour early on certain mornings for resort guests and then the parks staying open a bit later every evening for all park visitors to enjoy.

Disney61

Not even sure where I want to start this conversation but I might as well go in head first. After last week's annual summer visit, it finally dawned on me that an enourmous number of fastpasses are being consumed by the tour groups. Each group has a dedicated member that does nothing but go around the park and feed the fastpass machines with their entire group's park tickets. I am well aware that there is a period of time allowed between when you obtain a fastpass and when the next one becomes available, but if you have several tour groups in the same park on a particular day, fastpasses for extremely popular rides ie. Toy Story Mania can be exhausted by noon. I view the possibilty of being able to reserve fastpasses in advance of visiting the park/s as another unacceptable manner of distribution. Why not issue fastpasses in the same manner that the park entrance is handled...attach a biometric finger scanner to each fastpass distribution machine? To me this seems like a more equitable approach.

the-reason14

The day Disney starts to charge for fastpasses is more than likely the day I'd stop going. No way after a service being free for over 10 years should it be something they charge for. The whole reserving them in advance doesn't sound to cool either, but it's something I'd have to wait and see and or either get used to.

fngoofy

And in typical Disney fashion their is no option to disagree with the idea.
Boo hoo.
All the nay sayers are assuming this would replace the current system. It would simply skim from the available FPs that are handed out each hour.

I love how people bemoan the death of spontaneity. You know what it was like before FP, "Hey let's go ride Splash Mountain...oh, 45 minute wait. Well let's go ride Space Mountain...oh, 90 minute wait. You want spontaneity, you got it, its called Standby and it hasn't changed in years, same great old experience it was back in the day, I know, I was there in 76, 79, 81, 85, 86, etc. FP id the best thing since ADRs.

I've got a dollar that says the first roll out of the advance FPs will be to Deluxe Resort guests. Then it will become a bump up on the tickets, like park hopper is today.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am well aware that there is a period of time allowed between when you obtain a fastpass and when the next one becomes available, but if you have several tour groups in the same park on a particular day, fastpasses for extremely popular rides ie. Toy Story Mania can be exhausted by noon

The tour group doesn't really change this.. the # of tickets per time window the machines are going to regulate the same if it's a person with 50 tickets, or 25 people with two tickets. It's just the total allotment will be consumed faster if there is a backlog of demand - for which something like TSMM there is.

FP tickets for TSMM going out before late afternoon is nothing new... Soarin' used to be the same way too.

FP are a limited commodity.. when you have a lot of people (either a group, or just a lot of people) they will eat it up.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Just took a survey for Disney asking many questions on Fastpass reservations prior to my visit....setting it up just like how making a reservation for dining. My question is two-part....what do you think about this move and does anyone have any more info on this?

--one of the questions asked---
"Assuming you could secure FASTPASS experience 90 days before arriving at the Disney Parks, when should Disney allow guests to begin booking?"
A.) 180 days
B.) 90 days
C.) No preferences

I think this is genius, I would say ANY days later than 15 days.

-WondersOfLife

-The last original pavilion. :king:

scbb11Sketch

If anyone's curious, I will be booking my bathroom break at Epcot for December 29th at 1:24PM in the restrooms next to Spaceship Earth, 3rd stall from the left. And there better not be a wait!

EvilQueen-T

sounds similar to the vip pass you can purchase for events like halloween horror nights at universal studios. it makes the regular lines twice as long and if you buy the pass it doubles your costs. personally i'm good with the system they have now as compared to doing away with it or making it more exclusive. i think right now it's about as fair as it could be.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why bother going on vacation?

You can't eat without being ...now you can't even go to the Haunted Mansion without being .

Tom

Beta Return
If anyone's curious, I will be booking my bathroom break at Epcot for December 29th at 1:24PM in the restrooms next to Spaceship Earth, 3rd stall from the left. And there better not be a wait!

Ut oh. I don't think I allowed enough time for my 1:20PM "session" in that same stall that day!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Thank you for making me laugh and also illustrating the ridiculousness of this hair-brained idea.

GenerationX

We schedule, on average, one ADR per full day we'll be in WDW. We don't buy the Park Hopper option, so we know which park we'll be in each day. Given our ADR times, our desire to always have a mid-day break, our knowledge of park geography, and our attraction priorities, this new option would be easily woven into our trip planning.

If you already have an ADR for the Garden Grill, for example, it doesn't take much deduction to realize you may also want to experience Soarin' just before or after your meal.

There's no way Disney would distribute all FastPasses beforehand, so you could still get them on the day of your visit. Making some of them available earlier seems like a reasonable idea to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom