Pulp Fiction in the GMR?

SRisonS

Of if they are just doing clips, the scene with Winston Wolf outside of Monster Joe's Truck and Tow. Where he makes the speech about respect for ones elders and just because you ARE a character does not mean you HAVE character.

While we are making a wishlist, can we add a scene from Snatch in there. Maybe a pig farm, or it could be interactive and you would have to chase a dag, 'cause I like dags.

-dave

Ha Ha!!!!!!! Love the Snatch idea!!!

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
Sorry for bumping this, just some wishful thinking. How about the car goes into the diner when Honey bunny and the other person are about to rob the restaurant? That'd be a nice opportunity for a CM scene (maybe as Jules and Vincent?), and it'd be interesting too.

UrbanDonovan

Courtney1188;4137711 And while I have never seen Alien said:
While not quite as "family friendly" as The Mouse, the aforementioned scene was parodied on an episode of The Simpsons. And quite well, I might add.

And, if we're going to add a Tarantino scene to the GMR, why not the one from Inglorious Basterds where The Bear Jew does his Teddy Ballgame impersonation on the Nazi officer's head. That would be classic. :ROFLOL:

EpcotServo

And, if we're going to add a Tarantino scene to the GMR, why not the one from Inglorious Basterds where The Bear Jew does his Teddy Ballgame impersonation on the Nazi officer's head. That would be classic. :ROFLOL:

^Yep. I'd prefer the end scene with Aldo and Hans Landa, but alas you guys, these things won't happen at Disney. deal with it, fellow Tarantino fans.
:lol:

UrbanDonovan

Another great one to add would be the diner scene from Reservoir Dogs with Buscemi complaining about having to be Mr. Pink.......

It's great to fantasize but we'll NEVER see anything Tarantino-related in WDW unless he sells out and makes a Disney movie, which would of course be one of the seven signs of the apocalypse.

Xethos

Pulp Fiction is a great film but i would def not call it a classic film, its came out in 94'. Ive read lots of these threads about what movies we'd like to add and take away and its allways the same type of suggestions. They need to be movies, for the most part, that everyone loved and enjoyed accross the board. To put it antother way, a film you could watch with the whole family. Yes, Alien can be scary for children but that was its point back in 79' it was a new kind of sci-fi. Pulp Fiction on the other hand, theres a few parts in that I wouldnt show to children no matter how many times u tell them its just a movie.

FigmentJedi

Another great one to add would be the diner scene from Reservoir Dogs with Buscemi complaining about having to be Mr. Pink.......

It's great to fantasize but we'll NEVER see anything Tarantino-related in WDW unless he sells out and makes a Disney movie, which would of course be one of the seven signs of the apocalypse.

Except most of his movies were produced under Miramax. So, until recently, they were Disney movies.

Courtney1188

Um, no, being "family friendly" is absolutely NOT in the criteria for movies being deemed "classic."

That isn't what the poster meant...when he said the family friendly bit he was discussing criteria for being put in GMR.

And yeah, I know everyone likes to sue the Alien argument..I'm not going to debate with everyone who thinks I'm wrong for not wanting it to be in GMR. I'm okay with you guys disagreeing because in the end I win anyways, because Pulp Fiction will never be put in GMR.

Spike-in-Berlin

Aliens gore and violence is offworld, is pure SciFi. Is in the same category like fantasy and other movies with complete fictitious backgrounds. Pulp Fictions extreme violence, cynism and gore is realistic, is disturbing and definitely DOESN'T belong in any Disney-park! The thought alone is disgusting.
It's irrelevant if some consider it a classic, being a classic is not enough to be part of a disney experience. I don't want a movie where we see male rape in a Disney-park! "Deliverance" is definitely a classic and I don't think it belongs into a disney-park either.
How some people can even think that such a movie could be part of a Disney-ride is disturbing.

stlbobby

I absolutely love Pulp Fiction. It is a genius mix of humour, action, and dramatic tension. The acting is pitch perfect. The script ingeniously spirals in on itself and then spectacularly expands back out. The art direction and cinematography are some of the best of the decade. It is an infinitely rewatchable layered masterpiece that expanded the art form.

It won the Palm d'Or and will be dissected by generations of film students. It is the very definition of a modern classic.

Having said that, I would hate it if they inserted it into the Great Movie Ride itself, but would love if it showed up in the next version of the ending montage.

I just don't want to see the ride itself changed. I think it is great the way it is.

I do think Downtown Disney would be the perfect place for a Jack Rabbit Slim's. A retro fifties restaurant featuring movie stars and Buddy Holly as servers based on a hip 90's classic with a twist contest every night would bring in a wide range of fans. And since Disney owns the film, Miramax was a Disney property at the time of Pulp Fiction's release, they wouldn't even have to pay a right's fee.

I doubt it will ever happen, but if you try and tell me that the imagineer that designed the Sci-Fi Dine-in had never seen Pulp Fiction I'll be calling shenanigans.

imagineer boy

The violence in Pulp Fiction is completely overrated. In fact, I'd say it was even less violent than Alien. When you think about it the only really bloody scene is the Marvin getting shot in the car scene, while the rest of the deaths are surprisingly bloodless.

I do think Downtown Disney would be the perfect place for a Jack Rabbit Slim's. A retro fifties restaurant featuring movie stars and Buddy Holly as servers based on a hip 90's classic with a twist contest every night would bring in a wide range of fans. And since Disney owns the film, Miramax was a Disney property at the time of Pulp Fiction's release, they wouldn't even have to pay a right's fee.

I doubt it will ever happen, but if you try and tell me that the imagineer that designed the Sci-Fi Dine-in had never seen Pulp Fiction I'll be calling shenanigans.

Now that's my idea of a "bold new vision" for DTD. :sohappy:

Phonedave

Aliens gore and violence is offworld, is pure SciFi. Is in the same category like fantasy and other movies with complete fictitious backgrounds. Pulp Fictions extreme violence, cynism and gore is realistic, is disturbing and definitely DOESN'T belong in any Disney-park! The thought alone is disgusting.
It's irrelevant if some consider it a classic, being a classic is not enough to be part of a disney experience. I don't want a movie where we see male rape in a Disney-park! "Deliverance" is definitely a classic and I don't think it belongs into a disney-park either.
How some people can even think that such a movie could be part of a Disney-ride is disturbing.

Disturbing ? Really?

Thats a new lable for me.

I don't think anybody is advocating putting the rape scene into the ride, but as I said, there are plenty of other tame scenes that can be placed in the montage. The clips in that montage are for the most part quite short. A 3 or 4 second shot of Vince and Jules together is all you need. They could be walking down the road.

For that matter I argue that A Clockwork Orange belongs in the ending montage. I would have to think about what clip to use though. You can have Vince and Jules walking in their "uniforms" of black suits and I doubt kids would ask questions. Show Alex and his Droogs in their uniforms and some kid is going to ask about it.

Lets see what else is currently in the ending montage that may offend

Dirty Dancing - Illegal back room abortions gone wrong
Grease - High School smoking, $ex, pregnancy, and car racing
Blazing Saddles - Racisim, sexual innuendo (let me whip this out)
The Godfather ! & II - Pulp Fiction without the rape
Top Gun - Goose smacking into the canopy
Apacalypse Now - Lighting up of 'gooks', The throat slitting and beheading scene

-dave

Courtney1188

This is pretty much exactly what I was trying to say. And I find it laughable that others think that the word disturbing does not fit many's opinion of Pulp Fiction. From what I have seen of it (granted, I have not watched up until the very end because I honestly found it to be that stomach-turning), they couldn't get away with showing more than five to ten seconds or so without something being said or done that parents wouldn't want their children seeing. I also agree with the person who said it's not old enough to be considered a classic - the other movies mentioned which do have violence or scenes that could be upsetting to some have been out for much longer. And saying that a movie is like Pulp Fiction without the rape, and therefore Pulp Fiction is no more disturbing than that movie...maybe you should be a little more sensitive to the 1 in 6 women and 1 in 33 men who have actually been through the terrible experience of sexual assault. I was literally ill during that scene in the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom