Pulp Fiction in the GMR?

RiversideBunny

I don't think that Pulp Fiction is very Disney friendly even though it's a classic.

Lines and action like:

" Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you xx, say 'what' one more xx time!

[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]

The Sci Fi Drive Inn restaurant always reminds me of the scene where they are sitting in the fake car and try a $5 mikshake.

:)

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
I don't think that Pulp Fiction is very Disney friendly even though it's a classic.

Lines and action like:

" Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you xx, say 'what' one more xx time!

The Sci Fi Drive Inn restaurant always reminds me of the scene where they are sitting in the fake car and try a $5 mikshake.

They could just have the scene where Travolta and the girl are dancing, that would be a more family-friendly scene, and how is Alien family friendly and Pulp Fiction not? :p

When they say GMR, they mean classics, so I really don't see why this doesn't deserve a place despite the content.

Courtney1188

Thank god it isn't represented, I know some consider it to be a classic but I find that movie to be absolutely disgusting and offensive!

And while I have never seen Alien, I will assume it does not have disturbing rape scenes.

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
Thank god it isn't represented, I know some consider it to be a classic but I find that movie to be absolutely disgusting and offensive!

And while I have never seen Alien, I will assume it does not have disturbing rape scenes.

Eh, to each his own I suppose. I still think that movie is amazing :shrug:, and they don't have to show that scene at all. The dancing scene would be a good representation of the movie without disturbing people. It is then their decision whether they want to see that movie or not, but it still has left its staple on cinematography and the movies, just like the other movies on the ride.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I think PF is a great movie, but I can understand your view. In fact, you've just done a great job of showing why Tarantino movies will never be repped on GMR. :lol:

slappy magoo

I was kinda hoping that would be the scene they ADDED into TGMR :lookaroun

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
Just some food for thought, another scene that would work could be the characters looking inside the case. Or they can replace the western thing and put the audience and CM into the action, now that'd be cool.

NedLand

Some might consider the way the Alien reproduces a form of disturbing rape.

Lines and action like:

Alien is in no way Disney Friendly either yet its represented in the GMR, so why cant a great movie like Pulp Fiction be in there too.

PULP FICTION is one of the greatest movies ever made. If you didn't watch movies that contained disturbing things than nowadays you'd ONLY watch Disney movies...Which are great:lol:. Obviously I love Pulp Fiction. With that said their is about as much a chance of it being in the GMR as me going into outer space...

P.S. No Alien bashing either, because it's one of the best Sci-Fi/Horror films made:)

mrerk

Premium Member
One of Eisner's better deals. Paid like 80 million for Miramax. Pulp did over 200 million box office, never mind the DVD sales.

imagineer boy

They probably figure that there is a difference between just being scary and having a lot of bad language and subject matter.

Um, there's plenty of bad language in Alien too. And its not just "scary" material, there's lots of extremely disturbing violence and gore in it. Very non-Disney friendly, but it still has a scene.

I know its unlikely, but I too would love to see Pulp Fiction get a scene in the GMR. And like a few other people said, the most logical choice would be the dance scene or any other part during the whole Jack Rabbit Slim's resteraunt sequence, it would work perfectly!

Phonedave

Um, there's plenty of bad language in Alien too. And its not just "scary" material, there's lots of extremely disturbing violence and gore in it. Very non-Disney friendly, but it still has a scene.

I know its unlikely, but I too would love to see Pulp Fiction get a scene in the GMR. And like a few other people said, the most logical choice would be the dance scene or any other part during the whole Jack Rabbit Slim's resteraunt sequence, it would work perfectly!

Of if they are just doing clips, the scene with Winston Wolf outside of Monster Joe's Truck and Tow. Where he makes the speech about respect for ones elders and just because you ARE a character does not mean you HAVE character.

While we are making a wishlist, can we add a scene from Snatch in there. Maybe a pig farm, or it could be interactive and you would have to chase a dag, 'cause I like dags.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom