Proud daddy thread!

Badger Brent

Original Poster
Just got the word my DD 14 "Badger Princess", wil be her freshman rep for homecoming court. You know, you always wish happiness and the best for kids and she's on cloud 9 above Agrabah from Aladdin right now. I told her to be humble at school and be thrilled about the whole thing at home. Now, the dress buying, shoes, etc. :eek: Oh well, she's worth it and thanks for letting me put out the word on the boards. :wave:

Badger Brent

Original Poster
Nah, her head size will remain the same... Kind of funny though, her homecoming court partner is best friends with her boyfriend!! Should make for an interesting dance that night. Oh, my part in the whole gig is I get to drive a convertable for the parade. Her school is doing a decades theme. Her freshman class has the 50's. My cousin (not vinny) is one of the larger car collectors in Southern Wisconsin. So I'll have my pick of what he's got and I like. I'm sure my DD would like a pink one!! I'm going to learn how to post pictures when this is all said and done. I have so many nice ones from past trips to share, but never learned how to post them. I'm requesting a nice floral arrangement from Nature on The Rocks with planter for my DD's corsage.... I still can't get those idiots out of my mind yet!!! :goodnevil

WDWScottieBoy

Badger Brent said:
I'm requesting a nice floral arrangement from Nature on The Rocks with planter for my DD's corsage.... I still can't get those idiots out of my mind yet!!! :goodnevil

In just a little over a week I'll be there greeting them and wishing you were there.

(Pictures and possibly video to come after said encounter.) :lol:

And congrats to your daughter, and kudos to you for being an excellent father! :wave:

Badger Brent

Original Poster
Well, first night of homcoming is done. The parade went off fine, got good pictures of my daughter and her partner she's standing up with (alex).

We then proceeded to the skit night. All went well until they introduced the court. Alex and my daughter were the first ones introduced. He bailed out on this part of ceremony. She went up there by herself and I felt SO BAD for her. I later found her boyfriend and another of her good friends were going to step up there with her, so she wouldn't feel awkward. The MC walked out with her and the other guys backed off, but the MC left her and introduced the rest of the court. The seniors broke off the normal lineup, and surrounded her. It made her feel better. Now, I'm ed at this young man for standing my daughter up. The court was made well aware of what there responsibilitys were. He better keep his end up the rest of the weekend. My daughter took it better than me. This kid better have a good excuse for her at school tommorrow. I'll calm down, but my when I saw my daughter embarassed, I just felt sick to my stomach. More updates to come over the weekend. :brick: i

MouseMadness

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that! :( There's not much worse for a parent than seeing their kid hurting. Hopefully she'll bounce back quickly and that kid will get his due.

Badger Brent

Original Poster
Good news, he had to leave because of a family emergency with his grandmother. His grandmother is fine also. So were back on track for having a smooth weekend!! More updates to come for those that are reading.. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom