Proposal Advice

Patcheslee

Maybe the beach at one of the MK resorts during fireworks? Or wait until Once Upon a Time to do it, there is probably less crowds and she wouldn't expect the timing.

MrConbon

The BEST way to do it is on the peoplemover! It’s quiet and sort of secluded as you’re in your own car.

Once you go into Space Mountain it will be pitch black and she won’t be able to see. When you start to come out of the darkness get on one knee and then when she can see again you will magically be holding a ring for her.

Flawless.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Carriage Ride Port Orleans

A walk on the grounds at any resort at night to find a secluded spot. (As mentioned, Poly and pretty much any deluxe or moderate you'll find somewhere good)

If you want to spend a bit you can also look at a private pontoon boat for an Illuminations Cruise. That will fit the bill for fireworks and privacy (well other than the skipper - and a couple of boats parked next to yours)

KBLovedDisney

I was proposed to last fall in front of the castle in Magic Kingdom, and it was actually very intimate. It's all in the location. We weren't right in front of the castle, but rather off to the left, near one of the gardens. I was racing toward PotC, and he had to reach out to make me slow down - no idea it was coming. He just pulled me real close, and asked me. He didn't get down on one knee, and it 100% didn't bother me. Once it was happening, I knew the commotion it would cause if he was knelt before me, and I wasn't into all that hoopla either (my now husband is also 6'9", so he doesn't really blend in well to most situations). It was really sweet. Afterward, we walked over to a Photopass photographer and had a few photos taken in front of the castle.

I actually had no idea we were going to Disney until I was drug to the airport for a 7 AM flight that morning. He had booked a room at the Poly (where I always said I dreamed of staying), and had taken care of reservations for all of our meals - he had to create a separate MDE to keep it all a surprise. We had dinner at California Grill that night, breakfast at Kona cafe the next morning, dinner at Yachtman the next night and brunch at California Grill on Sunday before we headed home. It was such a special weekend, and it still means so much to me knowing all of the effort he put into the entire weekend given that I'm the one who had done all the planning for our previous 3 trips together (one of which was just 3 weeks prior).

Wishing you and your future fiance all the happiness in the world!

View attachment 300023
:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Corgi

OH MY GODDDDDD :D CONGRATS!!! Your future fiancée is about to live out many girls’ dreams (including mine). My personal recommendation would be that if you want to propose near the castle, do it during the day. At night, it’ll be hard to see and also very very crowded.

I’m so happy for you and your partner, being proposed to at Disney World would be like the most romantic proposal ever. Good luck and congrats ❤️❤️❤️

The Empress Lilly

Before the fireworks. Then hold her close during as you watch together. It's more romantic than the hurried stampede of irritable masses fighting their way out of the park after the fireworks.

(Also allows for you to blend into the crowd as you make your way home crying despaired tears of rejection. In case of. Just mentioning to add to your self confidence. :p )

graphite1326

Here is what my Grandfather always told me. Don't think about getting married until you are 30, and then think some more.

By the way, he and my Grandmother eloped when they were both teenagers.

MomofPrincessGrace

The BEST way to do it is on the peoplemover! It’s quiet and sort of secluded as you’re in your own car.

Once you go into Space Mountain it will be pitch black and she won’t be able to see. When you start to come out of the darkness get on one knee and then when she can see again you will magically be holding a ring for her.

Flawless.
Peoplemover DURING fireworks. There was literally no one else in the 5 cars before or after ours. It was really cool to see the fireworks from the Peoplemover too. And we were able to go around like 3 times without getting off.

righttrack

Carriage Ride Port Orleans

A walk on the grounds at any resort at night to find a secluded spot. (As mentioned, Poly and pretty much any deluxe or moderate you'll find somewhere good)

If you want to spend a bit you can also look at a private pontoon boat for an Illuminations Cruise. That will fit the bill for fireworks and privacy (well other than the skipper - and a couple of boats parked next to yours)

The private boat is another great one!

PrincessJasmyn

We had dinner booked at CRT. He proposed as we were downstairs and I was getting my photo with Cinderella. IT WAS PERFECT.
Not going to lie, I expected him to propose that night during dinner, but he totally caught me of guard doing it beforehand & I am super grateful that there is a photopass photographer there to capture the moment :) I didnt realise they didnt have photographers upstairs!!

We then went upstairs and had a window seat. We thought we would be out in time to watch the fireworks, but that didnt happen. It didnt matter though as we saw the WHOLE show through the window and it was so special.

We went back to Magic Kingdom on our last night and watch the fireworks again from main street. Best of both worlds.
Cinderella is my favourite character (i have a tattoo of her/her signature) so it was a perfect choice for me.

Attachments

• wdw20181361005069380_411552813336_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg
    wdw20181361005069380_411552813336_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 173
  • wdw20181361005069384_411552813340_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg
    wdw20181361005069384_411552813340_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 177
  • wdw20181361005069450_411552813348_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg
    wdw20181361005069450_411552813348_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 172

addacollier

How about in a Doom Buggy on the Haunted House? That’s quite private. You can even make out after. But if she says no, you’re stuck on the thing. Otherwise I’d do it over dinner in a nice restaurant.

jhondras

2 ideas for MK!
I was proposed to in front of the former Rose garden at Magic Kingdom. If you can find a spot like that again that has a photopass photographer and isnt in the middle of main street you could get a great picture with not a ton of people (bonus: free photographer)!

My sister's fiance just proposed to her during Happily Ever After. We did the dessert party so even though there were people around there were less people than it would have been if we were in the thick of the crowds.

Its hard to find spots to avoid the crowds all together, but these two options had less people!
32337131_10156511166308628_8808571813463326720_n.jpg
32350017_10156511166118628_8648650239500091392_n.jpg
10553485_10101947119788200_5249356526456007359_n.jpg

Nsaudra

When we were there we saw someone proposing pre fireworks so when she said yes the fireworks were going off... it was on a bridge near the front so there was not a lot of people most people walk closer to the castle... for the fireworks. They had the disney photogpher capture the moment

JimboS

Just a thought, How about dinner at California Grill, walk out on the deck to watch the fireworks, Not nearly as many people as main street, then ask her before, during, or after the show. I know you said she loves MK, you can see the entire park from up there.
Good Luck to you both and have a "Magical" Life Together!!!
My daughter’s fiance proposed to her at California Grill. They went outside to “watch the fireworks” and he popped the question. When they went inside table was decorated and got special dessert for the occasion.

DG32

I proposed to my now-wife at Disneyland close to ten years ago. She also isn't the type who would want a really public or exposed proposal, so after a lot of fruitless brainstorming I took her to the wishing well and it was practically private when the time came. A few people would pass by after she said yes and we were admiring the ring and that was fun for us and them, but it was nice to have the moment to ourselves, and we have really loved taking pictures there every time we've gone since, including with our kids. It's hardly an original idea but I thought and thought about it and that was just perfect for us, and besides, it seems like most of the ideas people come up with have been done before. Whatever you choose will be marvelous.

Scoots71

We did ours on the beach around dusk by the Polynesian. Accomplished goals of not being too cliche and being private. (She is also a beach lover...) After the proposal, we went to the Magic Kingdom, took some re-enactment pics (which many people took pictures of and thought was real, we were dying laughing at them), and enjoyed the fireworks.

Or maybe go to a place where you can see the castle but not be in Magic Kingdom?

JimboS

Just a thought, How about dinner at California Grill, walk out on the deck to watch the fireworks, Not nearly as many people as main street, then ask her before, during, or after the show. I know you said she loves MK, you can see the entire park from up there.
Good Luck to you both and have a "Magical" Life Together!!!
My daughter's fiance proposed at the California Grill. They had reservations and went on the rooftop terrace for the fireworks and he popped the question. Concierge at our resort helped by letting staff at Cal Grill what was going on and they made a special deal out of it. Suggestion, make reservation early enough to have main course before going on terrace because she probably won't be able to eat after the proposal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom