Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpYancIent

Don't see theme parks checking for proof of vaccination. Despite the best efforts of some alarmists to give the appearance theme parks are super spreaders they failed! Theme parks have mitigation protocols in place in accordance to published health guidelines, so I believe the parks are good to go.

mickEblu

Don't see theme parks checking for proof of vaccination. Despite the best efforts of some alarmists to give the appearance theme parks are super spreaders they failed! Theme parks have mitigation protocols in place in accordance to published health guidelines, so I believe the parks are good to go.

We’re safer at Disneyland than family dinners with extended family.

Last edited:

Parteecia

If this all about science can someone explain why someone who has had COVID and has better antibodies than those who are vaccinated and has not had COVID still need to get vaccinated?
They are not better antibodies. They are antibodies specific to that variant and will not protect against other strains. The vaccination protects against covid in general.

Bonus point: the antibodies from an infection fade by 6 months so for me I'd rather get a shot than another infection.

mickEblu

They are not better antibodies. They are antibodies specific to that variant and will not protect against other strains. The vaccination protects against covid in general.

Bonus point: the antibodies from an infection fade by 6 months so for me I'd rather get a shot than another infection.

Why did literally everyone just get COVID- vaccinated or not?

So you re just going to keep getting boosters until the end of time and getting vaccinated for every new variant of this virus?

Parteecia

Why did literally everyone just get COVID- vaccinated or not?

So you re just going to keep getting boosters until the end of time and getting vaccinated for every new variant of this virus?
It is working. The original goal was to keep people from dying and they are succeeding. The vast majority in the hospitals are unvaccinated.

Boosters yes, like flu shots. I posted a link at one time about how the frequency of shots depends on the mutation speed of the particular virus.

Edited to add: not necessarily a vaccination for every variant. The goal is to engineer a vaccine that covers a wide variety by targeting something like the spike that they all have in common.

Last edited:

mickEblu

It is working. The original goal was to keep people from dying and they are succeeding. The vast majority in the hospital are unvaccinated.

Boosters yes, like flu shots. I posted a link at one time about how the frequency of shots depends on the mutation speed of the particular virus.

Perhaps a small sample size but almost everyone we know got sick in the last month - vaccinated or not and the symptoms were more or less the same. Although my vaccinated Grandma did test positive and had very light symptoms. Although I question the efficiency of the test and if she really had it becasue she’s tested positive and then tested negative just a few days later. She had been testing twice a week for a few weeks prior the positive test with negative test results.

MoonRakerSCM

Boss boss boss was iffy two weeks ago. Tested twice in one day- one said positive, the other negative. Tested twice again the following day- one said negative, the other positive.

I don't know details such as what type of test and which had what result etc. But I do know what he told me. He came back to the office with his two negative tests and called BS on the whole situation.

Of note, boss boss came down with a nasty bug the same week. He tested 3 times and was negative all 3. That bug worked its way through our office.

Parteecia

Perhaps a small sample size but almost everyone we know got sick in the last month - vaccinated or not and the symptoms were more or less the same. Although my vaccinated Grandma did test positive and had very light symptoms. Although I question the efficiency of the test and if she really had it becasue she’s tested positive and then tested negative just a few days later. She had been testing twice a week for a few weeks prior the positive test with negative test results.
Sounds like it worked just like it should with your grandmother. Older is more likely to get more sick but she had a light fast case. I'm glad she got over it quickly.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What is the flu shot that is offered every year, its a booster. A booster that "boosts" your immune system into understanding how to fight off the infection. That is because immunity wanes, even natural immunity from an infection. So whether you personally get the flu shot or not the fact still remains its a yearly offering.

The COVID19 shot will be no different. They hopefully will reformulate it so it has a better chance of teaching your body to fight off any new variants that show up. But it'll end up being just like the flu shot, something you get annually or every couple years to "boost" your immune system so your body can fight off the infection better than trying to fight it off without it.

MoonRakerSCM

I've never had a flu shot, no need for it. No one has yet to ostracize me, not allow me at a sporting event or in a restaurant, or tell me to go home and die if I need to go to the hospital... Unlike 'rona.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've never had a flu shot, no need for it. No one has yet to ostracize me, not allow me at a sporting event or in a restaurant, or tell me to go home and die if I need to go to the hospital... Unlike 'rona.
And we also don't have Millions dying from the Flu either, unlike "rona".

In last 2 year period there have been more than 5x the amount of deaths related COVID19 than any 2 year period in the last 50 years with the flu.

Dear Prudence

It is working. The original goal was to keep people from dying and they are succeeding. The vast majority in the hospitals are unvaccinated.

Edited to add: not necessarily a vaccination for every variant. The goal is to engineer a vaccine that covers a wide variety by targeting something like the spike that they all have in common.
I would get another booster if needed in a heartbeat.... especially if it meant I could go to Disneyland

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You described the flu shot as an "offering" and then you said "The COVID19 shot will be no different.". Obviously it is.
And once we switch from a Pandemic to an Endemic with COVID19, just like the flu, it'll be no different.

COVID19 will turn into an endemic when it has a more predictable rate of circulation. Given where we are now with vaccinations and with how Omicron spreads we might not be that far off from that switch to an endemic. My guess is late 2022, at the earliest, but that is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom