Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP2000

The daily death rate has been pretty steady since late October and appears to be rising again.

The daily death rate has been in a general dropping trend since a peak ~September 15th - 20th.

Look friends, I know it can be fun to stare at the TV news in fear and panic every night. But sometimes the statistics just don't support the constant fear, with a word from our sponsor...

The death rate in well vaccinated and masklessly unregulated Orange County (population 3.3 Million) has been dropping for the past few weeks.

Here's the OC death rate "from or with Covid" looking over the past 13 months, since the fall of 2020...

OC deaths (2).png

And here's that same Orange County death rate looking at the last three weeks, looking at it day by day since Omicron arrived to terrify us all, with a word from our sponsor...

OC deaths (4).png

truecoat

Look friends, I know it can be fun to stare at the TV news in fear and panic every night. But sometimes the statistics just don't support the constant fear, with a word from our sponsor...

The death rate in well vaccinated and masklessly unregulated Orange County (population 3.3 Million) has been dropping for the past few weeks.

Here's the OC death rate "from or with Covid" looking over the past 13 months, since the fall of 2020...

View attachment 608829

And here's that same Orange County death rate looking at the last three weeks, looking at it day by day since Omicron arrived to terrify us all, with a word from our sponsor...

View attachment 608831

Sorry, my comment on the death rate was nationwide.

Death rate.jpg

Phroobar

I got my booster yesterday. My arm is a little sore. It didn't even hurt unlike the buring the J&J vaccine did originally. There is no reason not to get vaccinated unless you get all your medical information from Reddit, Instagram or Disney forums.

Last edited:

Emmanuel

I got my booster yesterday. My arm is a little sore. It didn't even hurt unlike the buring the Jenkins vaccine did originally. There is no reason not to get vaccinated unless you get all your medical information from Reddit, Instagram or Disney forums.

Had my booster Thanksgiving week. I was originally gonna go with a moderna booster but Walgreens at the time only permitted boosters with the same vaccine you got for your first 2 doses if you went with an MRNA and booked an appointment online. So my booster was another Pfizer dose

Only had a headache the day after along with the sore arm but that was basically it.

Interestingly enough I got the booster the day before news about the Omicron variant broke out. Talk about perfect timing.

Yesterday while walking to a Target by my local mall, I saw a long line of people waiting to get tested at a small site in a parking lot that was for a now closed Hometown Buffet. A local Pharmacy across from Harbor UCLA Medical center has been having a line of people ever since it became a vaccine clinic.

My digital covid 19 vaccine record from Healthvana has been updated to include the booster as is the one from the state.

Stevek

I got my booster yesterday. My arm is a little sore. It didn't even hurt unlike the buring the Jenkins vaccine did originally. There is no reason not to get vaccinated unless you get all your medical information from Reddit, Instagram or Disney forums.
Had mine Friday night last week and was super fatigued Saturday...slept in until 9, went back to bed at 11 or so. Hit me harder than I expected.

donaldtoo

Omicron is the most contagious strand of Covid yet, but also the least deadly. To date, Alec Baldwin has killed more Americans than the Omicron variant has.

"You may mandate when ready."

Not true. Actually, one Omicron patient died in Houston a few days ago “with Omicron”. Not sure about other deaths, if at all though.
So, there’s the rub…”with Omicron”…

donaldtoo

Google definition and yes, it's a vaccine:
"a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

As to why more frequent doses may be required for some diseases, it has a lot to do with mutation rates:
"'If a virus replicates quickly, it has a chance to produce more mutations, also known as variants. The more variants emerge, the harder it is to make a vaccine that will create lasting immunity, because the target keeps moving,' she explains.

"Ethan Smith, a pharmacist at Cedars-Sinai, agrees: "If a virus is stable, that gives us a big advantage. Measles is an example of a stable virus that is unlikely to replicate, so scientists could predict that immunity would last a long time, which it does." Smallpox and polio, highly contagious viruses that were almost eradicated through vaccination, are also stable with low mutation rates."

Thank you for answering my legitimate question.
But, I’m still unclear as to why a yearly flu shot is not referred to as a vaccine…?

Communicora

Premium Member
Thank you for answering my legitimate question.
But, I’m still unclear as to why a yearly flu shot is not referred to as a vaccine…?
They are referred to as vaccines.

What is a flu vaccine?​

Influenza (flu) vaccines (often called “flu shots”) are vaccines that protect against the four influenza viruses that research indicates most common during the upcoming season. Most flu vaccines are “flu shots” given with a needle, usually in the arm, but there also is also a nasal spray flu vaccine.​

donaldtoo

They are referred to as vaccines.

What is a flu vaccine?​

Influenza (flu) vaccines (often called “flu shots”) are vaccines that protect against the four influenza viruses that research indicates most common during the upcoming season. Most flu vaccines are “flu shots” given with a needle, usually in the arm, but there also is also a nasal spray flu vaccine.​

Thanks. I have always just heard of it referred to as a flu “shot”. That clears up the confusing terminology for me.
It sounds like the more longer-term vaccines are more commonly referred to as such.

Heppenheimer

Thanks. I have always just heard of it referred to as a flu “shot”. That clears up the confusing terminology for me.
It sounds like the more longer-term vaccines are more commonly referred to as such.
It's just common usage, it doesn't imply any semantic difference. Same as calling the COVID vaccines a "jab". Just an informal term with no real difference in meaning.

TP2000

Well, it's the exotic future year of 2022 now....

2022 is the year, predicted by very smart "experts" and Sacramento politicians alike, that we not only find out that Soylent Green is actually made from people, but also the year that California's High Speed Rail finally opens with bullet trains going from LA Union Station to San Francisco's Transbay Terminal in only two and a half hours! It's going to be a big year! 🥳

But before we riot over Soylent Green rations and then take a bullet train to get Ghirardelli's... Here is the latest misinformation official stats from the California Department of Public Health...

Los Angeles County (Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain) has now had over two months of a vaccine mandate to shop or do business in public, plus two months of mandatory mask mandates. Orange County (Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm) has no vaccine mandate for any business, and an openly unregulated policy on not wearing masks in public (as today's errands proved yet again). But the two counties still have a noticeable difference in case rates and vaccinations.

Orange County = 68.3% Fully Vaccinated - 2,130 Cases per 100,000 residents
LA County = 68.1% Fully Vaccinated - 3,799 Cases per 100,000 residents

OC cases (24).png

LA cases (13).png

Last edited:

TP2000

What's interesting about that data is that had this been less than a year ago, Disneyland would be shut down immediately. So far, not a peep from Sacramento about bringing back the 2021 standards for regulating private businesses statewide under the old "framework" that kept Disneyland closed for 14 months.

But if it was last spring, OC would far surpass the case rate and positive testing rates to keep Disneyland closed indefinitely.

As a reminder, here is the 2021 Blueprint For A Safer Economy "framework" from Sacramento for theme parks...

framework.png

For a theme park to be open after April 1st, you can't have more than 10 cases per 100,000 people in a county. Anything from 6 to 10 cases per 100,000 county residents put you in the Red Tier, anything between 2 to 5.9 cases per 100,000 puts you in the Yellow Tier.

As the data in the post above shows, the current cases per 100,000 people on a 14 day rolling average are currently far, far above 10 cases per 100,000.

Orange County (Disneyland, Knott's) = 2,130 Cases Per 100,000 as of January 9th
LA County (Universal, Magic Mountain) = 3,799 Cases Per 100,000 as of January 9th

But so far, there is radio silence from Sacramento on any change in strategy here with theme parks, or any other business or major crowd generator. The Super Bowl is planned for LA in four weeks, for example, with the big SoFi Stadium in Inglewood seating 90,000+ people (and they sold that many tickets already).

It's interesting, to say the least.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Well, it's the exotic future year of 2022 now....

2022 is the year, predicted by very smart "experts" and Sacramento politicians alike, that we not only find out that Soylent Green is actually made from people, but also the year that California's High Speed Rail finally opens with bullet trains going from LA Union Station to San Francisco's Transbay Terminal in only two and a half hours! It's going to be a big year! 🥳

But before we riot over Soylent Green rations and then take a bullet train to get Ghirardelli's... Here is the latest misinformation official stats from the California Department of Public Health...

Los Angeles County (Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain) has now had over two months of a vaccine mandate to shop or do business in public, plus two months of mandatory mask mandates. Orange County (Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm) has no vaccine mandate for any business, and an openly unregulated policy on not wearing masks in public (as today's errands proved yet again). But the two counties still have a noticeable difference in case rates and vaccinations.

Orange County = 68.3% Fully Vaccinated - 2,130 Cases per 100,000 residents
LA County = 68.1% Fully Vaccinated - 3,799 Cases per 100,000 residents

View attachment 613301

View attachment 613300

The science is clear. 😀👍

Phroobar

I guess the reported reason why we aren't playing by those rules anymore is because "science" says it's not as bad as we thought. It's more along a bad flu where people still die. It sounds a lot like Captain Tripps from the Stephen King book, The Stand. Anyway, too many people will lose money so everything stays open.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
All one has to do is look at the vaccination rate of the state now versus a year ago to know why the previous "framework" isn't being brought back.

According to the CDC, as of yesterday Californians are 71.2% fully vaccinated for those eligible (ages 5 and older) compared to 0% back at this time last year.

If California was still under 50% fully vaccinated a year later you'd bet some type of "framework" with restrictions would be in-place.

TP2000

If California was still under 50% fully vaccinated a year later you'd bet some type of "framework" with restrictions would be in-place.

The framework from 2021 was released in March, a couple months after mass vaccinations began, and the framework had vaccination rates built into it. There were stricter rules on opening theme parks for counties with low vaccination rates, and looser rules for opening theme parks in counties with higher vaccination rates.

And the framework also weighted vaccination rates by race; vaccination rates for white people were weighted less than vaccination rates for non-whites. If a county could get more non-whites vaccinated, they got extra credit and got looser standards for reopening their theme parks. That race-based system was part of the euphemistically named "Healthy Places Index", as noted on the framework.

It's what the "Post 2 million administered" and "Post 4 million administered" columns are for, and why the higher vaccination rates got your county less strict standards on cases per 100,000.

framework.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom