Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP2000

Reading this made me realize I have no idea what vaccinations I actually have, I know I have the Covid vaccine (this year) and Hepatitis vaccine (for work about 20 years ago) but I got all the rest as an elementary aged kid… about 40 years ago. Is there even a way to find out what I’ve had?

Most states have vaccine databases that a citizen can request info from, but you'd need to track down which state you were living in at what time. There is no national database.

A little suggestion... Go down to CVS or WalMart or Target and get a TDaP booster (tetanus, diptheria and whooping cough). You should get a booster for that every 10 years, but most adults don't. Whooping cough is a big deal for babies, and any adult that has infant relatives should get a booster. Also, tetanus is no fun if you step on a nail cleaning out the garage this spring.

Or, if you haven't got your flu shot yet this year, pair it up with a TDaP booster on the same day. They can be administered together and are always covered by insurance.

Also, when you hit 50 years old, you need to get your Shingrix vaccine to prevent the misery of Shingles. You are old enough to have had Chickenpox as a kid, as we all did, so the Shingles virus is waiting in your system to activate as you get older. Shingrix was finally approved a few years ago, and is revolutionary.

We now return you to regular commentary...

Heppenheimer

Reading this made me realize I have no idea what vaccinations I actually have, I know I have the Covid vaccine (this year) and Hepatitis vaccine (for work about 20 years ago) but I got all the rest as an elementary aged kid… about 40 years ago. Is there even a way to find out what I’ve had?
The antibody response from the measles portion of the MMR vaccine is generally sustained for a lifetime, so if there's a reason to check, the titer is generally reliable. So far, this hasn't been the case with COVID though.

TP2000

San Diege continues to have the highest vaccination rates

What's also interesting is the Case Rates among the counties.

LA County has had a mandatory indoor mask mandate since Mid July, almost four months ago now. OC went the opposite direction, totally hands off with no mask mandate for customers or employees (See: Trader Joe's, In-N-Out, etc.)

But... the Case Rates in LA County continue to be much higher per capita than OC, over 25% higher, and in recent weeks the LA County Case Rates have been rising, not falling.

It's the complete opposite to what you'd expect to happen to these two counties that sit-by-side. Or at least what the LA County Board of Supervisors thought would happen when they went all in on some of the toughest mask and vaccine mandates in the nation about four months ago.

LA County Case Rate Last 14 Days = 177 Cases Per 100,000 Residents
Orange County Case Rate Last 14 Days = 126 Cases Per 100,000 Residents

LA cases (5).png

OC cases (18).png

You can't blame a lack of testing either, since OC actually has a daily testing rate almost triple per capita than LA County. It seems likely with the much lower testing per capita going on in LA, there are even more cases out there that aren't being caught.

LA County Testing Rate Last 7 Days = 142 Tests Per 100,000 Residents
Orange County Testing Rate Last 7 Days = 380 Tests Per 100,000 Residents

Dear Prudence

This is a great question! I used to work with kids and I had to get vaxxed and tested every year and I wonder if there is a record of that somewhere. I feel like this is something maybe I should have and I don't. o_O 😱😬 I have yet to go anywhere or do anything where I am required to show proof of vaccination yet, but the possibility of having to do so has got me thinking!

Like, what happens when the time comes when we actually potentially someday DO have to show the vax status at Disneyland, I just keep thinking about things like WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU GET IT WET? What if it falls out on Indiana Jones?! (you know, casual)

TP2000

This is a great question! I used to work with kids and I had to get vaxxed and tested every year and I wonder if there is a record of that somewhere. I feel like this is something maybe I should have and I don't. o_O 😱😬 I have yet to go anywhere or do anything where I am required to show proof of vaccination yet, but the possibility of having to do so has got me thinking!

Like, what happens when the time comes when we actually potentially someday DO have to show the vax status at Disneyland, I just keep thinking about things like WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU GET IT WET? What if it falls out on Indiana Jones?! (you know, casual)

I've done some traveling lately, and had to show a photo of my CDC card. But it was only checked in the most casual pretend-to-look-at-customer's-phone-over-counter way possible. 🤣

If you want a record of vaccines you've received, try getting one from Sacramento. Here's the website (although when I did this earlier this year, they sent me a record that was missing two shots I know for a fact I received in recent years). But it's at least something...

Vegas Disney Fan

What's also interesting is the Case Rates among the counties.

LA County has had a mandatory indoor mask mandate since Mid July, almost four months ago now. OC went the opposite direction, totally hands off with no mask mandate for customers or employees (See: Trader Joe's, In-N-Out, etc.)

But... the Case Rates in LA County continue to be much higher per capita than OC, over 25% higher, and in recent weeks the LA County Case Rates have been rising, not falling.

It's the complete opposite to what you'd expect to happen to these two counties that sit-by-side. Or at least what the LA County Board of Supervisors thought would happen when they went all in on some of the toughest mask and vaccine mandates in the nation about four months ago.

LA County Case Rate Last 14 Days = 177 Cases Per 100,000 Residents
Orange County Case Rate Last 14 Days = 126 Cases Per 100,000 Residents

View attachment 599672

View attachment 599673

You can't blame a lack of testing either, since OC actually has a daily testing rate almost triple per capita than LA County. It seems likely with the much lower testing per capita going on in LA, there are even more cases out there that aren't being caught.

LA County Testing Rate Last 7 Days = 142 Tests Per 100,000 Residents
Orange County Testing Rate Last 7 Days = 380 Tests Per 100,000 Residents

Makes one wonder if taking our masks on and off all day with dirty hands is helping or hurting, which was the original concern from Fauci about people using them wrong. I change my mask daily but it’s still off and on (and into my pocket) dozens of times each day before I switch to a clean one.

TP2000

Makes one wonder if taking our masks on and off all day with dirty hands is helping or hurting, which was the original concern from Fauci about people using them wrong. I change my mask daily but it’s still off and on (and into my pocket) dozens of times each day before I switch to a clean one.

The stark differences in Case Rates between LA and OC is really something, isn't it? I was surprised myself to see such a difference so consistently, especially four months after LA went back to mandatory masks for everyone, everywhere.

That can't be the goal LA's Board of Supervisors had with all these mandates and rules...

"We'll mandate masks again and get a case rate over 25% higher than OC! Go Dodgers!" 🤪

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Most states have vaccine databases that a citizen can request info from, but you'd need to track down which state you were living in at what time. There is no national database.

A little suggestion... Go down to CVS or WalMart or Target and get a TDaP booster (tetanus, diptheria and whooping cough). You should get a booster for that every 10 years, but most adults don't. Whooping cough is a big deal for babies, and any adult that has infant relatives should get a booster. Also, tetanus is no fun if you step on a nail cleaning out the garage this spring.

Or, if you haven't got your flu shot yet this year, pair it up with a TDaP booster on the same day. They can be administered together and are always covered by insurance.

Also, when you hit 50 years old, you need to get your Shingrix vaccine to prevent the misery of Shingles. You are old enough to have had Chickenpox as a kid, as we all did, so the Shingles virus is waiting in your system to activate as you get older. Shingrix was finally approved a few years ago, and is revolutionary.

We now return you to regular commentary...
Thanks for the public service announcement TP2000.....Always do get my TDap every 10 years.....but I did not get my Shingles vaccine as I am only in the VERY shallow end of that age group, 😁I figured I would get it next time, then covid hit. WELL guess what, for 4 weeks this fall I suffered from a case of Shingles. It was very painful and awful. SO YES PLEASE get that vaccine.....the older you are the worse it can be as well as longer term consequences.....they say 1 in 3 people will get it without vaccination. I have to wait at least 6 months and then I will be getting it, because you can get it more than once......:angelic: It does NOT only happen to old people either, one of my children had it as a tween when stressed out, and I personally know, once I mentioned it to others people who had it in their 20,30, 40's......and of course beyond. Often it happens when you are stressed, because stress lowers your immune system and this dormant chicken pox in your body from childhood wakes up! Nerve pain is no walk in the park, trust me.;)

Last edited:

TP2000

Thanks for the public service announcement TP2000.....Always do get my TDap every 10 years.....but I did not get my Shingles vaccine as I am only in the shallow end of that age group, I figured I would get it next time, then covid hit. WELL guess what, for 4 weeks this fall I suffered from a case of Shingles. It was very painful and awful. SO YES PLEASE get that vaccine.....the older you are the worse it can be as well as longer term consequences.....they say 1 in 3 people will get it without vaccination. I have to wait at least 6 months and then I will be getting it, because you can get it more than once......:angelic: It does NOT only happen to old people either, one of my children had it as a tween when stressed out, and I personally know, once I mentioned it to others people who had it in their 20,30, 40's......and of course beyond. Often it happens when you are stressed, because stress lowers your immune system and this dormant chicken pox in your body from childhood wakes up! Nerve pain is no walk in the park, trust me.;)

So tough to hear, but glad you recovered! Sometimes Shingles never gives up.

I had the Zostavax vaccine years ago, but that was the original Shingles vaccine that wasn't very effective.

The new Shingrix two-shot vaccine that finally got approved by the FDA a few years ago is vastly superior to Zostavax and is a Godsend. The CDC recommends anyone over 50 to get Shingrix. Zostavax is no longer allowed in the USA, but is still used in poorer countries according to my doctor.

All of us of a certain age had Chickenpox as kids, so the virus is just sitting there waiting to reawaken as Shingles (much worse than Chickenpox) later in our lives. Stress often does it, but sometimes it's just an aging immune system that allows Shingles to explode.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
So tough to hear, but glad you recovered! Sometimes Shingles never gives up.

I had the Zostavax vaccine years ago, but that was the original Shingles vaccine that wasn't very effective.

The new Shingrix two-shot vaccine that finally got approved by the FDA a few years ago is vastly superior to Zostavax and is a Godsend. The CDC recommends anyone over 50 to get Shingrix. Zostavax is no longer allowed in the USA, but is still used in poorer countries according to my doctor.

All of us of a certain age had Chickenpox as kids, so the virus is just sitting there waiting to reawaken as Shingles (much worse than Chickenpox) later in our lives. Stress often does it, but sometimes it's just an aging immune system that allows Shingles to explode.
Yes my inlaws had the one shot and just completed getting their 2nd Shingrix.:happy: My doctor said it varies from person to person....but you don't want to risk it if you can prevent it!;)

celluloid

OH gawd....!
That sign!

I'm suddenly now having flashbacks to my first visit to Disneyland some years ago, and first laying eyes on this text.
The confusion....and amused irony of it .....made the moment memorable.

I was such a DLR 'virgin' then...

-
My favorite joke since California has that law is...

Maybe the State of California is what is causing it.

TP2000

Lxs Angelxs County has just updated its vaccination data through the first week of November, which included the time that the vaccine mandate began for access to private businesses and public accomodations in the county.

The flatlining trend continues for LA County; vaccinations have actually decreased in early November from where they were in mid October.

LAC_time_chart (5).png

The demographic trends also continue for LA, and show exactly who is no longer allowed to access private businesses or public accomdations. Females are still 5% more vaccinated than males, and racially there is a huge gap between Blacks or Latinos and others above the age of 12.

LA County Vaccination Rates Over Age 12, as of November 7th:

Asians = 78.0% Fully Vaccinated
Whites = 69.3% Fully Vaccinated
American Indians = 68.8% Fully Vaccinated
Latinos = 57.8% Fully Vaccinated
Blacks = 51.6% Fully Vaccinated

TP2000

Only in California 😂

Isn't it great?!? Our tax dollars at work.

I've seen tourists having their photo taken with those signs at the Disneyland entrances. It's like getting your picture taken with the HOLLYWOOD sign or in front of an In-N-Out. 🤣

I forgot to mention Case Rates. They continue to be over 25% higher in LA County even a week after the vaccine mandate took effect up in LA. Orange County has noticeably lower Case Rates per capita.

Case Rates as of November 12th, 2021 Per Capita
LA County = 180 Cases Per 100,000 Residents
Orange County = 119 Cases Per 100,000 Residents

LA cases (7).png

OC cases (19).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom