Project Toboggan 2024 New Coaster

deere839

Original Poster
Figured to start a thread for this project as construction is starting to ramp up and new permits coming out

This new coaster is Rumored to be a intamin Launch Motorbike(Simular to Hagrids) as you can see on the with 9 rows on each train as you can see on permits below.the other rumor is its another B&M protype Like surf that was planned for 2021 but delayed to 2023.

the construction markers with fences under Manta.

Source for the Permit:https://behindthethrills.com/2023/03/new-document-reveals-more-details-about-seaworld-orlando/

Fr76Gw9XgAApdVy.jpg
c83918af3fc62e903fa87ad3d64d2a53.jpg

deere839

Original Poster
Not the best qualitied photos of the some of the marking under Manta but ill bring my better camera in the coming weeks for photos this was all in march the photos/

331113111_2898197826979533_4074471555112163733_n.jpg
335047604_1259469584968434_8471811807144297770_n.jpg
335514739_1040019063625785_4174559769347467436_n.jpg
335136930_1412504436171409_3869021604387485876_n.jpg

Aside from how bad it's going to be to not have a single indoor or family-oriented ride in the park, I can't believe leadership thinks it's a good idea to open two ice-themed launch coasters in the same park in rapid succession... I think people are going to see advertisements for it and think "oh, that's the thing they opened in 2022. Guess there's nothing new at SeaWorld this year, let's go to Universal instead."

deere839

Original Poster
Weirdly though Seaworld has been going up in attendance from all these coasters being added and rides in aquatica. the question is do they have in infustructure ready for more. the Issue i see is how hard it is to get out of expansions like this Cedar Point in Ohio sees attendance dips whenever they stop building recording breaking coasters.
Sadly Empire Penguin was beyond saving. But yes, 10 years ago the park was heading in a good direction. Now… the jury’s out. Multiple minor, short coasters cannot be the foundation of the future.

deere839

Original Poster
Could you elaborate please?

I understand it didn’t reopen after Covid, assuming due to safety issues, but why couldn’t it be saved?
I’ve read it was something to do with charging.
From My understanding the battery's were beyond saving due to when the park closed they left it where it is not suppose to go and ruined the battery's that are i believe 10k each to replace. i don't think they could have without new trackless trains. so Most likely in order for a revamp of the ride witch will end up costing like 1-2 million things just adds up and lets be honest people only rode the ride to see the penguins.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Could you elaborate please?

I understand it didn’t reopen after Covid, assuming due to safety issues, but why couldn’t it be saved?
I’ve read it was something to do with charging.
Pretty much this:
From My understanding the battery's were beyond saving due to when the park closed they left it where it is not suppose to go and ruined the battery's that are i believe 10k each to replace. i don't think they could have without new trackless trains. so Most likely in order for a revamp of the ride witch will end up costing like 1-2 million things just adds up and lets be honest people only rode the ride to see the penguins.
The RVs needed replacing

joanna71985

I didn't bother riding to see the penguins (there was a line that went right to the exhibit)

LittleMerman

I'm always down for a new ride, especially a coaster. I love the motorcycle type coasters. Kind of sad that it goes right by the sea lions though - seems like it could be really noisy.

deere839

Original Poster
I'm always down for a new ride, especially a coaster. I love the motorcycle type coasters. Kind of sad that it goes right by the sea lions though - seems like it could be really noisy.
i mean the Coaster will be a little bit further away than kraken the main parts of the ride.

LittleMerman

i mean the Coaster will be a little bit further away than kraken the main parts of the ride.
c83918af3fc62e903fa87ad3d64d2a53-jpg.708244

In this pic it looks like it goes right by Pacific Point Preserve (lower right corner). I don't know where this came from or how accurate it is and I don't know where Kraken is in relation to PPP. I do know that the entrance to PP Preserve was/is blocked recently and you have/had to go through the sea lion stadium to access it. I'm pretty sure SeaWorld was blocking for the coaster and it seems to go right past the sea lions.

deere839

Original Poster
Looks like a B&M protype.Most likely using these trains. but Seaworld orlando is about to become a B&M capaital of the world at this rate

355420726_296070376108316_7644543163323055282_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom