Project Stardust - How the "Cleanup" campaign will affect Disneyland - OCR/SCNG

shortstop

Ok, but if we don't know how they categorizing the attractions we may not like what they give us. For example if Buzz goes down, and Pooh is the only other attraction in that category then what am I to do?
Wait for Buzz to reopen.

I don’t really mind this change. I’m pretty sure they already do this in WDW.

VJ

Ok, but if we don't know how they categorizing the attractions we may not like what they give us. For example if Buzz goes down, and Pooh is the only other attraction in that category then what am I to do?
I only know as much as that excerpt says; it's kinda funny that it got buried in all the other news.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wait for Buzz to reopen.

But I can't wait...

SilverTanBaboon-small.gif

SuddenStorm

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but from the April 11 issue of Disneyland Line:

What other attractions like Buzz are at Disneyland? My guess is they'd put Roger Rabbit as the "like" category.

Or what if Splash Mountain goes down? Or Indy?

Each Fastpass attraction is fairly unique, I'm very curious to see how this is implemented.

shortstop

What other attractions like Buzz are at Disneyland? My guess is they'd put Roger Rabbit as the "like" category.

Or what if Splash Mountain goes down? Or Indy?

Each Fastpass attraction is fairly unique, I'm very curious to see how this is implemented.
Probably by 'ticket class' - I'd imagine Indy will be lumped with the four mountains. I think it's less about giving you a comparable experience and more about allowing you to ride something else of similar popularity.

T.Will

Wait for Buzz to reopen.

Not really. In Magic Kingdom at least, there are three attractions you couldn't use the "Multiple Experiences" Fastpass on: Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Mickey Mouse M&G (unless the Multiple Experiences was for one of those three attractions breaking down). Other than that, it's a free for all. Winnie the Pooh broke down right before I got to the unload platform, so I used the Multiple Experiences for Space Mountain.

shortstop

Not really. In Magic Kingdom at least, there are three attractions you couldn't use the "Multiple Experiences" Fastpass on: Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Mickey Mouse M&G (unless the Multiple Experiences was for one of those three attractions breaking down). Other than that, it's a free for all. Winnie the Pooh broke down right before I got to the unload platform, so I used the Multiple Experiences for Space Mountain.
Then I guess I was mistaken. I knew it didn’t work for Mine Train (since that was what I wanted to use it for).

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Disney -"you are to enjoy your journey in the hundred acre wood that's what and be grateful!!! we are altering the fastpass deal. pray we don't alter it further!"

dlr74

Found out more info about the Fastpass changes. It only affects the Multiple Experience FP's that are given out when an Attraction goes down.
Basically, each park has 2 "Groups" of Attractions.
When you have a FP for a Group 1 Attraction and it becomes "Temporarily Closed", you can use your Multiple Experience FP at any FP Attraction in that park.
But when you have a FP for a Group 2 Attraction and it becomes "Temporarily Closed", you can ONLY use your Multiple Experience FP at another Group 2 Attraction (NOT at a Group 1 Attraction)

Group 1 at DL is: Space Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds
Group 2 at DL: Everything else with FP
Group 1 at DCA is: Toy Story Midway Mania, Radiator Springs Racers
Group 2 at DCA: Everything else with FP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom