Project plans spotted at Haunted Mansion

JimboJones123

The only people that would be hurt by no NBC overlay are those to lazy to visit DL. DL crowds in OCT-DEC are getting higher every year -- and many of those guest choose to go JUST BECAUSE of this attraction. How many of those would jump ship and head to FL if they could get the same thing there. NO MORE CLONES. We also don't need a Storybook boat ride or Calif Screamin'. Build new attractions for each park.. not the same stuff. Make each park different. HK doesn't even have Pirates right? or is it splash... or Thunder.. I don't know--- I think I lost my thought. Anyways -- Reward those that go to Cali. Do something new for WDW. Do the Scarribean idea here and not there.. or a HARDCORE SM.

patrokls

JimboJones123 said:
The only people that would be hurt by no NBC overlay are those to lazy to visit DL. DL crowds in OCT-DEC are getting higher every year -- and many of those guest choose to go JUST BECAUSE of this attraction. How many of those would jump ship and head to FL if they could get the same thing there. NO MORE CLONES. We also don't need a Storybook boat ride or Calif Screamin'. Build new attractions for each park.. not the same stuff. Make each park different. HK doesn't even have Pirates right? or is it splash... or Thunder.. I don't know--- I think I lost my thought. Anyways -- Reward those that go to Cali. Do something new for WDW. Do the Scarribean idea here and not there.. or a HARDCORE SM.

Hardcore SM isn't WDW a family place?:p

Shaman

Denscott said:
Being in the design industry where it's my job to create layouts and drawings I totally agree except that usually Managers do not like having large plots like that...something small like an 11x17 or 8x11 is usually "good enough".

The only thing I can think is that what they have is actually a copy of the original layout, probably done in vellum. Depending on when the "as builts" were actually drawn out, a Computer Aided Design program (like AutoCad) may not have been available, thus the originals were hand-drawn, and are only in large format.

Man, I wonder if detailed discussions like this ever take place when I'm seen out in public with plots in hand!!! :lol:

I think the Disney powers are just "teasing" us....:lol:

Denscott

New2WDW said:
This is definitely the trend now, especially in our office.

These are "E" size bond sheets (they wouldn't be crazy enough to take an original into the field) and after zooming in on the drawings they are definitely CAD originated and after looking at the big picture they are definitely gazing at the stroller parking area or either the girl that just walked by. Either way they are definitely staring at the same thing!:lol:

It's always good to meet someone in the same field! What area of Arch/Engr are you working with?

Automotive plant layout...you?

cdunbar

duckburg85 said:
I really hope they have a holiday version down in Florida. I feel a lot of the people who have yet to ride the Disneyland holiday version know what they are missing. Just seeing the mansion covered in thousands of candles and jack-o-lanterns is worth the change. Also seeing the graveyard scene covered in snow is amazing with the singing busts are jack-o-laterns that have an amazing special effect to make look like they are singing. Now a part of me wishes it was Halloween or Christmas and also i was in DisneyLand...
Thats all fine and dandy but the idea of putting snow in a graveyard scene in FL would be extremley stupid, one one would believe it b/c even in november or december we never get snow, and when I say never I mean the last snow that central FL saw was in 1975! Snow would be a very stupid and unrealistic idea in my opinion:lookaroun

DisneyCane

cdunbar said:
Thats all fine and dandy but the idea of putting snow in a graveyard scene in FL would be extremley stupid, one one would believe it b/c even in november or december we never get snow, and when I say never I mean the last snow that central FL saw was in 1975! Snow would be a very stupid and unrealistic idea in my opinion:lookaroun

And when was the last time it snowed in Anaheim?

CaptainMichael

cdunbar said:
*cough*Blizzard Beach*cough*

There are reasons for being against HMH...snow is not one of them...

Denscott

New2WDW said:
Architectural Design and renderings. We work on a little bit of everything, but most projects are small.

Yeah, before my current job I worked in a small Engineering/ Architecture office...loved the range of work (residential/commercial/industrial) but hated the pay!!! :(

I think we might be the only 2 on these boards that know what ANSI D size means! (24x36 size plot to the common folk) :king:

Tom

Beta Return
New2WDW said:
Architectural Design and renderings. We work on a little bit of everything, but most projects are small.

I'm just a dumba$$ General Contractor/Construction Manager :lol:

I agree with what both of you said - Arch E paper size (30x42)...copy of an original as-built done by hand...looking at strollers (or a hottie!).

People get so excited over blueprints. Heh heh. Really, if you think about it, if WDI was working on a project like NBC, would they send out a couple of guys with blueprints to get caught by all of us conspirators on here? They know we exist and that we pounce on every little hint. If they were doing something big or "secret" they would do their scouting and analysis before or after park hours, I reckon.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They try, but forget that Showcase Plaza has telescopes for viewing World Showcase, particularly Japan. And what do you know, prior to park opening there they are with what appear to be reference photos and color keys as they throw up new rehab walls.

Really, they're just doing their jobs, which sometimes means being in the park while it's open.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To add..

I know ANSI D :) Though i'm considering changing my major from Theater Design to Architecture. Theater is just has too much drama.

mkepcotmgmak

I was told about two years ago that the exit for the HM would be redirected to Fantasyland, beside the old skyway building, also adding stroller parking... well, the stroller parking came along - maybe now this? my source told me that they were going to make the exit more like the Mausoleum (sp?) at Disneyland. I have no idea if this will happen - just something i was told.... two years ago... haha.

New2WDW

edwardtc said:
People get so excited over blueprints. Heh heh. Really, if you think about it, if WDI was working on a project like NBC, would they send out a couple of guys with blueprints to get caught by all of us conspirators on here? They know we exist and that we pounce on every little hint. If they were doing something big or "secret" they would do their scouting and analysis before or after park hours, I reckon.

We ought to meet down at Disney with a bunch of our drawings, stand around and point and see what kinda stuff we can stir up! :lol: Maybe even drop a a piece of onion skin (does anyone use that anymore?) with some wild design sketch and see who picks it up!:lol: Man we could really cause some rumors.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
New2WDW said:
We ought to meet down at Disney with a bunch of our drawings, stand around and point and see what kinda stuff we can stir up! :lol: Maybe even drop a a piece of onion skin (does anyone use that anymore?) with some wild design sketch and see who picks it up!:lol: Man we could really cause some rumors.
I am up for that. All we need are a few conceptual Hogwarts sketches, some official looking plans then we can hang out by HM and I bet it will make the rumor mill within 4 hours.

jedimaster1227

Now that I think about it, I think that it is about the time right now when they get ready to close down the Mansion in DL to add the HMH overlay. Could we being seeing our own version of the Haunted Mansion Holiday? I will let you be the judge of that...:animwink:

BuzzComplexCM

People, you are looking way too far into this. Red Shirt Guy is a Guest Service Manager. He has the Nextel Ear Piece, Pin Lanyard, and I'm sure he would have a trash collector stick as well. The gentlemen in the blue shirt could be a maintenance manager or another GSM. All they are doing is looking to improve guest traffic and stroller parking. They did the same thing this past Christmas over at Stitch when I was working in T-Land. However, at Stitch they were looking to extend the "Much Un-Needed" Fast Pass Queue.

Also, don't you think if there we planning to do work inside the ride they would be inside the ride and not outside at the line entrance? Maybe it's just me, but I do not think Disney would be discussing ride changes right out in the open around guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom