Project Gemini-The Truth

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Sorry bout that, dont know what happend

the question was, project gemini--do you support it or not, what do you like and what do you not. We can play this almost like a game. State your age (i think that plays a big factor), why they should or shouldnt do this, what they should do if you disagree
and any other stuff you have to say about this project

thanks

Thrawn

Account Suspended
They NEED to do it, because Future World is outdated. And they aren't doing much else after M:S, Philharmagic, and Forbidden Mountain. They need to keep the parks from stagnating. So go for it.

Even though I love SE especially, it needs to be updated. The Disneyholics make up a small part of the number of people going to WDW. If you saw SE for the first time today, would you be completely impressed? Not really. Thats why they need to be updated.

Hurricane

yes they should, i'm 19 and nearly have a bachelors in economics. (not sure if that matters but I do somewhat know what i'm talking about as far as profit models go). Disney needs to provide an infusion of capital to attract repeat guests. There is quite a bit of money to be made from A) locals w/ annual passes [see Busch Gardens] and B) people who have only taken their teenage kids when they were kids. I was surprised when I found out how many of my college age friends had only been to disney once and were THRILLED to go again on a school function. They need to make killer etiks that will have people begging to be let in.

Buford

EPCOT does need a thrill ride to bring in thrill fans. But don't think thrill fans are the answer; they only help... However, are you sure you want to put it in Spaceship Earth? here is much space all over Future World backstage (with front entrances, of course) to place it. This would only keep a great attraction, which can always have updating - and keep the risk of constant break down (i.e. Test Track :lookaroun )

JeepGuy77

My thoughts on the Gemini project. I thin kthe project overall looks great, but I thin kit can be developed in stages. If they can add the new attractions first , that would be great. The updating of the "concrete jungle" to a more natural landscape can be done in phases. Right now, the center with teh neon and the fountain is tolerable. Give it some time. DEFINITELY add more atatractions and face-lift the surrounding areas for the new attractions, but i think alot of money can be saved if they do it in phases and not all at once. So my idea would be buold the attractions, then slowly revamp the park section by section.

SirNim

1.) TR

Thrill ride that replaces one of Meaning and Quality... Building this TR someplace else will not only prevent the destruction of Epcot's thesis attraction, but will also make sure that techical faluts are at a minimun due to a new, specially designed building...All the benefits are there, but people cannot comprehend them...

2.) WOL

I mean, I agree WOL can use an update, but utter closure?! Preposterous!

3.) M:S

My complaint with MS is that it splits the family up... mom and dad do this, and then the kiddies do that, but no one really does anything together, and I really hope an educational element is maintained at MS, if not in the ride then at the postshow

4.) Jr. Auto.

this is a contradiction of the purpose of Disneyland itself...Quite rediculous

5.) Imagination

This pavilion doesn't quite know how to define itself. it hides behind its "Imag. Insti" preface hoping that that sets the tone, but it doesn't, for the ride is sloppy becuase it was a quick fix of a horrible update, etc.

6.) TLand

very Random indeed... plus, I've always loved the architecture of TL in general... I love the huge glass atrium and the Feeling you get walking up to it, with the huge gardens (well, patches of grass and flowers) on either side, the beautiful FW area music, the wonderful mural, the nice sign, it's all very stately, and in my opinion, very Futuristic, even now in the 21st century. And then you have a roller coaster. I'm not sure how that will teach you anything... just too fast and the thrill will take away from the Purpose and Quality of the pavilion we like to call, The Land... :)

7.)TLS

I too would hope that a TLM redo would make the characters, well, background characters, you know. perhaps star in an attraction, as you said, a la Circle of Life, but to theme a whole pavilion around Ariel is just too much. This is Epcot!, not Disney-MGM Studios... I too hope that the relationship between man and the Oceans is kept with an emphasis on science and the Potential of science

8.)Atmosphere

I HATE with a PASSION how Disney did not continue use of the old EPCOT circle logos
I hate that messiness it created
I hate the messiness that PG will/may create
I want an organized Park that knows its Intentions
and Shows them Actively
Hence, my stance...

9.) Innoventions

Standing in the middle of Inn. Plaza, to me, is one of the most inspirational places in the world... Asthetically, that great eye candy, sweping hemispherical buildings, gone, is too much for Me. As for those patented money-makers, just great:( WE really need to plug into our laptops at Epcot! :lol: :fork: Ugh... Cheap entertainment and Retail and... ugh...

10.) Soarin'

Soarin' allows people of all ages to go on a mild, yet exciting trip over fascinating geogrpahy and will hopefully explain Man's relationship with that Land...;) It's a good find in a not too good project

11.) General

Agree with 'Lil Buford...

:)

Buford

A few bits of the area overlap a bit of some of the Costume centers, and parking area which seems pretty much empty...

Presenting the extra-huge World of Motion! :p :lol:

Kenan

Originally posted by 'Lil Buford
OK, Propoganda time! :lol:

OK, a few bits of the area overlap a bit of some of the Costume centers, and parking area which seems pretty much empty...but remember that TT is only about 1/2-2/3 of World of Motion, if not less, and there is other space behind Horizons :lol:

hahahaha....thats funny!!:lol: :lol: :lol: But the are behind Horizons is sacred space....it can not be touched. My most beloved "cast" work their....

Dizknee_Phreek

PG no good

i'm 17. i really can't think of anything that i could say to express my feelings toward PG better than 'Lil Buford or SirNimajneb (nice posts you two!) i agree with both of them 110%. the Epcot that i fell in love with (at the fresh age of 8, and i've never stopped loving it or found it boring in the least bit) is unique, original, organized, and symmetrical. i look at it today and it still looks futuristic even if it is 20+ years old. i'm with these two wonderful people (the two mentioned previously)...i think the only 2 good things to come of PG is the update of LS and the ADDITION (not the overhauling of anything) of the Soarin' attraction. if this horrible project does end up getting the green light, then i'd have to ask "where did the Walt in the Walt Disney Co. go?"

BRER STITCH

All good points!

Be sure to forward your comments to the good folks at WDW Corporate!

You know....just in case they haven't read this thread yet!

:lol:

It's not a valid opinion til somebody in charge hears it!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Epcot is seriously outdated. Many of the attractions seem ridiculous now in this time period. Spaceship Earth is a fabulous ride but we need to get with the times and have a more technologically themed ride like Time Racers take its place.

I don't like the idea that there are going to be so many shops and restaurants in the area where Innoventions: The Road to Tomorrow was but I have gotten use to the fact that Disney's solution to replacing an old building is to add a gift shop.

Something needs to be done with Epcot and fast! The park was a favorite of Eisner's because all the rides were sponsored by other companies and Disney didn't have to pay for squat. Now companies like AT&T, United Technologies, MetLife, and GE have dropped sponsorship of attractions because they believe it is no longer a priority which only means they are losing interest in Epcot. They don't want to promote their company by sponsoring an attraction in a theme park where attendance is slipping dramatically. Doesn't make good business sense to me.

Some of the ideas of Project: Gemini work and some don't. Time Racers is a great idea. So is the Soarin' ride for The Land and the Rainforest Roller-Coaster. Something could be done to update the Universe of Energy but that is not a huge priority since it seems to still be popular. I have the idea of doing nothing with The Wonders of Life pavilion and just leaving it for future development. All I have to say is that they better save Cranium Command. Until they say they will, I better rush down to WDW and tape the entire show quickly before they shut it down. The Jr. Autopia idea is also kind of stupid. I don't know what it is but I just have that feeling that tells me that it is stupid. I hate the idea that they are not doing anything with Imagination. Seems weird to me.

Bottom line is that Epcot is going to change. Whether it be for better or for worse. But we will just have to deal with what is given to us.

Michael72688

I'm almost 15 and I agree completely w/ Project Gemini! I think it would make Epcot great, with new rides and attractions this park would be fresh and new, plus more thrill with some of the new rides that are planned!!!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
If you want Epcot attendance to continue to fall and the park ends up being labeled boring and stupid then sure stick with the hating the Project: Gemini rehab.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I am deeply excited about this because I have wanted Epcot to be my favorite park but I have had to stick with the Disney Studios park for many years. I want Epcot to return to glory which it has rarely had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom