Progress at Everest!

TOTGuy

Original Poster
I'm sorry to start a new thread but 29 pages is a bit long.
Went to DAK today and there was NOTHING on in the final scene. No lights, not fan, nothing. Just sound effects. When I asked the CM at unload she told me they put a screen up last night and that they are looking at the Yeti and are going to try and fix him. So progress has occurred!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Glendale is working on restoring some animation to the figure.

Problem is, even though some motion will be better than nothing, we're all still going to be talking about how it used to be. Wouldn't it be great if they reworked that whole scene and made it even better than before.

djkidkaz

Problem is, even though some motion will be better than nothing, we're all still going to be talking about how it used to be. Wouldn't it be great if they reworked that whole scene and made it even better than before.

Have you heard anything about work being done Steve? No offense to others, but I feel alot more comfortable when you give me confirmation. :lol:

GymLeaderPhil

Oh I agree, completely. And I'm all for WDI keeping it dark for as long as they need to get it right (and better.) Unfortunately park operations at WDW is not a fan of keeping their attractions down or reduced in capacity - even for show quality. Sadly it's more about hourly counts than pushing the envelope within TDO.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Have you heard anything about work being done Steve? No offense to others, but I feel alot more comfortable when you give me confirmation. :lol:

Sorry I cant say I have anything solid on this. It's been so on and off that I dont think now we can really take any conclusion until its actually done.

erasure fan1

Fingers crossed. I guess if this is true, something is better than nothing but I agree with this

we're all still going to be talking about how it used to be. Wouldn't it be great if they reworked that whole scene and made it even better than before.

I say just make a decision and do it right the first time instead of some half baked patch job that will just break down again. heres to hoping this is the start to getting back to what it should be.

TOTGuy

Original Poster
Um I was there around 2 pm. She said that they were looking at it first and were going to go from there to try and fix it. We shall see.

djkidkaz

Um I was there around 2 pm. She said that they were looking at it first and were going to go from there to try and fix it. We shall see.

There gonna look at it? Its been down for three years. I'd assume that they've looked it over plenty in 3 years.

There gonna look at it? Its been down for three years. I'd assume that they've looked it over plenty in 3 years.
There is a screen up in front of it and someone who works on the inside who I can not name told me that they are going to get the Yeti back to is original working form. Work has to be done afterhours because of capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom