Pre-Trip ProcrastiNations: Deflections of Work

Hello and welcome to another Bee PTR! If you don't know me, I am your friendly neighborhood lesbian opera singer/ex-Floridian Disney addict lover! I have been traveling to WDW somewhat regularly since the late 90s, and for the last nearly eleven years I've been going with my wonderful wife M.

One of the best parts about having family in Florida is that we always have an excuse to visit the Mouse around holidays. As has become our annual tradition, we are going back for Thanksgiving!

Why the title? As usual, I am using the forums to procrastinate. I have approximately 71 million things to do in the next few weeks, including MOVE (more on that later). I'm also preparing for two major national vocal competitions, and learning one of my dream roles for an upcoming opera gig in January. I ALSO teach 20+ voice and piano students and several of them are 8th graders auditioning for performing arts high schools soon so we are preparing their audition material. In short, life is crazy, and that calls for a PTR!

I'll leave you with that, and post details in the next few posts!

ProcrastiNations: Deflections of Work   

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks everyone for your kind words and sympathy. We are grateful that we are okay, our furniture and such is safe in storage, and we do have a roof over our heads, even if it's not the roof we wanted!

And now, it's time for some Disney plans!!!

The first part of the trip remains as we planned. For the second part, only MIL and FIL will be joining us. When I texted BIL to ask if he would be coming down he said something like, "My Disney meter is still full from last time." :rolleyes:

So the four of us have two rooms booked at the Dolphin for those last two nights! Woohoo! I called to request adjacent rooms so hopefully they'll be able to place us together.

In the meantime, I have an audition in Washington, DC, Saturday morning so M and I will arrive Friday night and stay at a hotel near the audition site.
Break a leg, I'm not sayin who's:oops:

bee

Original Poster
WE ARE FINALLY MOVING THIS WEEKEND!!!!

:inlove::joyfull::happy::D:eek::hilarious:

The building passed inspections and the realtor gave us the first pick of moving dates (they are staggering the tenants so not everyone is trying to use the elevator as once) and we were able to get Saturday so M doesn't have to take off any more work days. This means I can't do the audition this weekend, but the opera company has other dates in January and March so fingers crossed they will let me switch.

We will miss the convenience of Manhattan living and especially being walking distance from M's office. We will NOT miss Manhattan grocery prices, however!

This means we won't have to stay in a hotel while my brother is visiting next week. Maybe we can put him to work assembling furniture if we get to go to Ikea before he arrives! :p

In all the stress and chaos of the move I almost forgot we have tickets to Hamilton on my brother's birthday next week! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Only 12 days until Disney! I really NEED Disney to release the menus for the Holiday Kitchens at the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays so I can obsess over them!!

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
So glad to hear your apartment problem has been resolved !
Thank you! We are so relieved!

Woohoo! Disney will be that much more fun now that you don't have to worry about your move! And that's awesome you have tickets to Hamilton! :jawdrop:
Yes, Disney will be more fun this way!

I bought the tickets the day they went on sale. If you live here or know the dates you'll be in New York it's the best way to buy them for a relatively decent price.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
In all the stress and chaos of the move I almost forgot we have tickets to Hamilton on my brother's birthday next week!

3600-athletic_gray-z1-t-my-favorite-rapper-is-alexander-hamilton.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
WE ARE FINALLY MOVING THIS WEEKEND!!!!

:inlove::joyfull::happy::D:eek::hilarious:

The building passed inspections and the realtor gave us the first pick of moving dates (they are staggering the tenants so not everyone is trying to use the elevator as once) and we were able to get Saturday so M doesn't have to take off any more work days. This means I can't do the audition this weekend, but the opera company has other dates in January and March so fingers crossed they will let me switch.

We will miss the convenience of Manhattan living and especially being walking distance from M's office. We will NOT miss Manhattan grocery prices, however!

This means we won't have to stay in a hotel while my brother is visiting next week. Maybe we can put him to work assembling furniture if we get to go to Ikea before he arrives! :p

In all the stress and chaos of the move I almost forgot we have tickets to Hamilton on my brother's birthday next week! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Only 12 days until Disney! I really NEED Disney to release the menus for the Holiday Kitchens at the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays so I can obsess over them!!
Congrats is not enough but CONGRATS, nope any way sending some pixie dust for the move ps hope you're still getting money for when you couldn't use the apartment

12in12

I am very happy your building passed all the inspections and you can now move in. Best of luck with the move and I wish you and your wife many happy years in your new home.

bee

Original Poster
@bee, happy to hear that you'll soon be in your new apartment. I hope your move goes smoothly. What an ordeal moving is, even under the best of circumstances. (I've moved quite a few times in my life.)
Thank you! You're right, even under the best of circumstances moving is a headache at best. If there's any consolation it's that at least all our stuff is packed and ready to go (instead of us continually finding stuff we had no idea existed on moving day!).

What a goings on! Good luck with the move!
Thank you!

Good luck with your move and have a great trip!
Thank you!

So happy that your move is back on track and you can devote your energy to Disney planning!!
Hamilton tickets! Super jealous! Anxiously waiting for them to go on sale for next season's Broadway in Cincinnati. LOVE that shirt!!
Thank you! I hope you get the dates and seats you want!

I am very happy your building passed all the inspections and you can now move in. Best of luck with the move and I wish you and your wife many happy years in your new home.
Thank you!

Good luck with your move, and have a wonderful time at Hamilton!
Thank you!

bee

Original Poster
We finally moved in today!!!

Obviously it will take some time to unpack but WE ARE IN and we even survived IKEA on the weekend! We will still need three chairs from somewhere (IKEA didn't have what we needed) and probably a few more things as we unpack and realize what we have and don't have.

Also, the realtor changed the lease so it starts in December, so we don't have to pay rent for November. That makes up for the hotel and temp housing stays and SOME of the headache of the delays.

IMG_8143.JPG
IMG_8144.JPG
IMG_8145.JPG
IMG_8151.JPG

Here's the first wine we enjoyed in the new place. It was really tasty and I'd definitely get it again! We took a quick walk around the neighborhood (looking for a liquor store... :cautious:) after moving everything in and we LOVE THIS AREA!!! It's waaaaay more convenient than our old neighborhood as far as transportation, restaurants, drug stores, etc. go. I'm still in disbelief that we actually live here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom