Pre-Trip ProcrastiNations: Deflections of Work

Hello and welcome to another Bee PTR! If you don't know me, I am your friendly neighborhood lesbian opera singer/ex-Floridian Disney addict lover! I have been traveling to WDW somewhat regularly since the late 90s, and for the last nearly eleven years I've been going with my wonderful wife M.

One of the best parts about having family in Florida is that we always have an excuse to visit the Mouse around holidays. As has become our annual tradition, we are going back for Thanksgiving!

Why the title? As usual, I am using the forums to procrastinate. I have approximately 71 million things to do in the next few weeks, including MOVE (more on that later). I'm also preparing for two major national vocal competitions, and learning one of my dream roles for an upcoming opera gig in January. I ALSO teach 20+ voice and piano students and several of them are 8th graders auditioning for performing arts high schools soon so we are preparing their audition material. In short, life is crazy, and that calls for a PTR!

I'll leave you with that, and post details in the next few posts!

ProcrastiNations: Deflections of Work   

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
We finally moved in today!!!

Obviously it will take some time to unpack but WE ARE IN and we even survived IKEA on the weekend! We will still need three chairs from somewhere (IKEA didn't have what we needed) and probably a few more things as we unpack and realize what we have and don't have.

Also, the realtor changed the lease so it starts in December, so we don't have to pay rent for November. That makes up for the hotel and temp housing stays and SOME of the headache of the delays.

View attachment 243648 View attachment 243649 View attachment 243650 View attachment 243658

Here's the first wine we enjoyed in the new place. It was really tasty and I'd definitely get it again! We took a quick walk around the neighborhood (looking for a liquor store... :cautious:) after moving everything in and we LOVE THIS AREA!!! It's waaaaay more convenient than our old neighborhood as far as transportation, restaurants, drug stores, etc. go. I'm still in disbelief that we actually live here.
What a gorgeous place!! Do you have any spare room for me??

12in12

I am glad you are moved in and you like the new neighborhood.
You will have time to unpack your stuff before you get to pack for your next Disney trip.:)

bee

Original Poster
Glad that you could finally get in your new place ... enjoy the unpacking :rolleyes:;)
Thank you!

What a gorgeous place!! Do you have any spare room for me??
Thank you! We have SO much room here that we keep thinking we're going to wake up and it's all a dream!

I am glad you are moved in and you like the new neighborhood.
You will have time to unpack your stuff before you get to pack for your next Disney trip.:)
Thank you! Yes, we will continue the cycle of pack-unpack-pack-unpack and luckily this time it will be for Disney!!!

New place looks great

Max
Thank you!

Tiggertoo56

Been following along and hoping you would have no issues with the move- obviousy that was wrong, but so glad to see that you are now installed in your new apartment and can concentrate on the trip now. Have a magical time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That looks like a very nice apartment. Sorry about all the angst prior to moving in, but I think in the end, it will all be worth it. Also glad that they at least knocked off one month's rent for you guys. :)

bee

Original Poster
Been following along and hoping you would have no issues with the move- obviousy that was wrong, but so glad to see that you are now installed in your new apartment and can concentrate on the trip now. Have a magical time.
Thank you! We are enjoying the new place so much we can *****almost***** forgive and forget all the hassle to get here!

That looks like a very nice apartment. Sorry about all the angst prior to moving in, but I think in the end, it will all be worth it. Also glad that they at least knocked off one month's rent for you guys. :)
Thank you! There was another place we strongly considered applying for, and during our apartment limbo I kept thinking "I wish we'd just moved in there!" But now that we're here, in this beautiful place in a better neighborhood (the other building was just a few blocks away from our old apartment) we are so happy to be here!

bee

Original Poster
ACTUAL DISNEY POST!!!

IMG_8178.JPG

Look at this ADORABLE early birthday present my sweet wife gave me today!!! My birthday is in December but she wanted me to have it before our trip so I could wear it then, weather permitting of course.

bee

Original Poster
Things are slowly coming together! We still need to buy at least three chairs and to put up our artwork and diplomas somewhere. We also need to figure out where to put all the empty boxes!

IMG_8176.JPG
IMG_8188.JPG
IMG_8196.JPG

My piano and accessories came today via UPS and my brother helped me assemble the stand.

We also have set up water, gas, electric, and internet (finally!).

Two days until Hamilton
Five days until Disney
Ten days until Disney (again)!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like your apt. It must be nice to move into a brand new place, and everything must be so clean--no scuff marks on the paint, etc. The floors look good, too. Oh, the design of the rug under the keyboard is fun. :happy:

75disney

Just catching up. Thank goodness the move debacle is over and your new place is gorgeous. Love all the light coming in those windows in your living room. My daughter is Hamilton obsessed as well; she keeps asking me for tickets. Hoping to see it when it comes to Philly. Nothing like the excitement and prep in the final days before a Disney trip. Looking forward to your TR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom