Problems with Philharmagic 7/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsfan525

Original Poster
Last friday I was in the Magic Kingdom, and before seeing the parade, my family decided to go see Philharmagic.

We waited on line, eventually made it into the preshow area, and eventually entered the theater.

All of you know that the 3D shows are timed, and there is a certain amount of time for people to "select a row and move all the way to the end."

Well, many groups of people who do not understand the English language, including a Brazilian tour group, decided to seat themselves in the middle of the row, leaving a backup of people on the entrance side of the theater.

Even as the people who followed the rules told these rude people to move down, they laughed..

Well, on its timer, the show started, and people were starting to move around the back of the theater. With this movement, someone hit something, and in the middle of the Be Our Guest scene, the movie abruptly cut and the screen turned red.

The cast members had to call in a mechanic, and the one cast member decided to ask Disney trivia questions, and sing. She should keep her day job!

Her singing was horrible, and the trivia questions, such as "Who is Mickey's dog?" were easy enough for two-year olds to answer.

Finally, after an hour of sitting in the theater, the set started to move back together slowly, and the show restarted. Hey, I couldn't complain, I was sitting on a comfortable chair inside an air conditioned theater on a 95+ degree day.

It is a great show, but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this type of situation?

peter11435

Thats the problem with ignorant guests that do not follow the rules. In there attempts to do what they want they ruin it for everyone else.

jiddng

Fortunately I've never had that happen to me. I never knew that the shows were timed - I always thought a CM would judge how the crowd was seating, and then push a button to start it.

I'm amazed that people will still just sit in the middle and worse, just ignore the instructions of CM's to move to the end of the row. I've noticed lately that when the doors open, people start to shuffle in very slowly, not wanting to be the first ones in a row.

At least you got to see the show finally AND got to experience what my husband calls "Disney AC"

:)

that happened the day earlier- but the film did not cut- half the people were in the theater when the movie started- the family we were with had a fit and decided to go to Guest Relations- we know where it would go from there- so yeah it happened too!

MickeyMan101

maybe not the best thing to do, but when people sit in the middle and dont go all the way down, i do tend to step on feet and trip over people. :) . I also have been know to kick packages as well, much to the dismay of my wife. Hey, make a inconvience for me, i will do the same. :lol:

DisneyJill

devilsfan525 said:
The cast members had to call in a mechanic, and the one cast member decided to ask Disney trivia questions, and sing. She should keep her day job!

Her singing was horrible, and the trivia questions, such as "Who is Mickey's dog?" were easy enough for two-year olds to answer.

Let's not overlook the fact that the CM was trying to CREATE MAGIC for those of you stuck in the theater while the movie was down. They could have just let you sit there and be bored-perhaps you wouldn't complain then? And maybe...just maybe...they were trying to involve guests of all ages with the trivia...including the 2 year olds. Just a thought. :wave:

Woody13

DisneyJill said:
Let's not overlook the fact that the CM was trying to CREATE MAGIC for those of you stuck in the theater while the movie was down. They could have just let you sit there and be bored-perhaps you wouldn't complain then? And maybe...just maybe...they were trying to involve guests of all ages with the trivia...including the 2 year olds. Just a thought. :wave:
High five! :kiss:

the-reason14

A little similarity to what your talking about I know at the muppets about 2 weeks ago, the theater was very empty and then about half way through the show some people were either let in or just someway got in themselves. Luckily they went to the back so I think they didnt disturb alot of people in the front. By the way this was at night.

mitchk

It's those foreigners. I was going on ToT, and it took them 10min to load, simply because they did not understand the instructions. If they don't have a responsible translator, then they should not visit.:mad:

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
yet even more strikes against the tour groups from brazil. how many more before it doesn't sink in? they're the rudest people that visit here besides the french.

TiggersPooh

while leaving EPCOT tonight i overheard guests complaining about the tour groups...I just started laughing.

Youre in Disney...shut up and smile! (new slogan!)
Not everything is goin gto go according to plan nothing ever does. Just think of where you are and let the Disney magic take over

the-reason14

You know it is weird, because everytime I see the tour groups I immedietely think of past experiences with them. And I automatically have a rude response and behavior to them. I think its more of a cultural thing. I can understand that, but it shouldnt be that difficult to understand a line is a line, and if 2 people are in front of you and the other 30 are behind you, the 2 should wait for the others instead of bringing the other 30 ahead.

TiggersPooh

about moving all the way down to the end of the row...welcome to stitch...grr! I LOVE yelling at "recruits" to move. We can get away for yelling to move faster since there is a "level three!!!!!!!!!!!" lol

TpaDonaldFan

stockboy3796 said:
maybe not the best thing to do, but when people sit in the middle and dont go all the way down, i do tend to step on feet and trip over people. :) . I also have been know to kick packages as well, much to the dismay of my wife. Hey, make a inconvience for me, i will do the same. :lol:

Way to go stockboy!
my favorite thing to do is when people park too close I adjust their mirrors for them :fork:

Miss Bell

I, too, have had my fill of Brazilian tour groups, which is why I don't go to WDW in July anymore. However, to be fair, I have seen many, many English-speaking American citizens sit in the middle of the theatre at Philharmagic and the like. This is not a language barrier or culture difference. There are just some rude, selfish people out there, and they are not limited to one country.

MagliteL13

TpaDonaldFan said:
Way to go stockboy!
my favorite thing to do is when people park too close I adjust their mirrors for them :fork:

That's friggin hysterical. I've gotta remember to do that next time.

I just wanted to add my .02. I was at the show on the 23rd and apparently the show is on some kind of timer, as the CM's staged too many wheelchair parties and were running around in a panic trying to figure where to place them and the people with them. All the while the theater went dark and the show was starting.

xtimMOOthyx

If you don't move all the way across the row, you might get your feet tramped on...or get kicked in the ankle. Not by me, of course...:slurp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom