Prizes/Rules of Year of Million Dreams Giveaway

New2WDW

Original Poster
I was reading the rules and prize list on Mousesavers this morning and it is not quite what I was thinking but it still sounds exciting!

Disscussion points:
1) It says that a person can win more than one prize!:sohappy:
2) I thought that you had to be present to win any prize but they are allowing mail ins as well. (this I was a little disappointed, because I figured that was the whole point to get people to come to the parks to win)
3) It sounds like only the big prizes are being given away, I was thinking they would be doing little things as well throughout the day, like a personal visit with your favorite princess, etc.
4) Obviously they could not give any odds of winning number because it depends on how many people come or whatever, but when first reading about this celebration it sounded like almost everyone could potentially get a prize. Well you know what I mean.

Anyway, what are your thoughts! O'Yeah I saw nothing officially about a lifetime pass?:veryconfu

Link to Official Rules/Prizes:
http://adestinations.disney.go.com/...tml/yomdrules.html?CMP=OTC-VanURLYOMDRulesEng

New2

metscool

It is cool. I think the more times you go to the parks the more chances to win something.

What about the Lifetime pass? Tell me. Please just tell me.

wannab@dis

Keep in mind that this is a sweepstakes so "rules" are necessary due to restrictions by some jurisdication laws (NY, FL, AZ, RI and Quebec in CAN are the primary restrictive areas). The "mail-in" capability is necessary to abide by 'alternate entry' laws and the prize values are necessary to be listed for surety bonding.

"Magical Moment" times are not considered part of the "sweepstakes" so they don't have to be listed. -- Tink pins, visit with characters, etc.

Overall, I'm very excited by this promotion. There will be LOTS of happy guests!!

New2WDW

Original Poster
Keep in mind that this is a sweepstakes so "rules" are necessary due to restrictions by some jurisdication laws (NY, FL, AZ, RI and Quebec in CAN are the primary restrictive areas). The "mail-in" capability is necessary to abide by 'alternate entry' laws and the prize values are necessary to be listed for surety bonding.

"Magical Moment" times are not considered part of the "sweepstakes" so they don't have to be listed. -- Tink pins, visit with characters, etc.

Overall, I'm very excited by this promotion. There will be LOTS of happy guests!!

Good info! I am not up on that kinda stuff. I did notice that this is open only to those in the US 50 states and I saw that same math question thingy for Canadians (what is that about anyway)

wannab@dis

Good info! I am not up on that kinda stuff. I did notice that this is open only to those in the US 50 states and I saw that same math question thingy for Canadians (what is that about anyway)

The skill question is required by Quebec law for the prize to be awarded.

kachow

Yeah, all the complaints about only a dozen good prizes is totally off-base. I mean there are around 300 of the castle stays alone (I'm sure one per night through the entire promotion once the suite is completed). But there are alot of really cool, unique prizes. It's not just a bunch of vouchers being handed out. Plus alot more trip packages than I expected.

New2WDW

Original Poster
Thanks wannab@dis for the answer I guess I won't pursue that any further.:lookaroun

Anyway, my family and I are not cruise or trip takers out of the US, so I would probably decline those prizes for someone else but it is good to know you can possibly win other prizes if you decline one.

What about that 15 day trip where you visit every park! Is that for real? Do you really travel to a new park every day pretty much? Wow! I would be exhausted.:snore:

imamouse

Thanks NEW2WDW for posting this so quickly! I'm excited 'cos I'll be at WDW early Oct during the beginning of this promotion. Hopefully, they will be extra generous by awarding some of the trips at the beginning. Now I have to hope for some luck and pixie dust!

MissM

Starting at the end of January 2007, three hundred and seven (307) ONE-NIGHT STAYS AT CINDERELLA CASTLE SUITE are available: AEach prize consists of a ONE-NIGHT STAY ON THE NIGHT PRIZE IS AWARDED for winner and up to five (5) guests at the Cinderella Castle Suite in the Magic Kingdom® Park. Prize includes: dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, photos with Cinderella, VIP viewing for SpectroMagic and/or Wishes shows (subject to availability) and select snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room. Each winner may also be celebrated in the Magic Kingdom® Park daytime parade (at Sponsor's sole discretion). ARV of each prize: US$587.
Somehow, I don't think that anyone will be able to book the Cinderella Castle Suite for only $587 after the celebration is over! There's more expensive rooms in the deluxe resorts than that! :lol:

Still though. Lovely, drool-worthy prizes to be sure.
-m

minnieme3

mail ins???

ummm, i think its cool you can mail some stuff in, you know,in case like someone cant go but they reall love the park. im sure they gotta give away a lifetime pass!!!!:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom