Princesses getting new look

GiveMeTheMusic

really?
i think she looks great.
Disney ( on merchandise) has made the same dress in pink and green.
we'll see which one they choose.

The new park dress is green, in keeping with the aforementioned ONE COLOR PER PRINCESS rule. Aurora's new dress is lavender, believe it or not - definitely on the purpler side of pink, unlike her current Pepto-Bismol duds. I have seen all the new costumes and wigs, and Ariel's (to me anyway) is the most drastic change from her current park look. The dress, to me, is absolutely flabbergasting in real life. Your mileage may vary, but that's why I'm anxious to see the reactions to her new look once it's released.

iheartdisney91

The new park dress is green, in keeping with the aforementioned ONE COLOR PER PRINCESS rule. Aurora's new dress is lavender, believe it or not - definitely on the purpler side of pink, unlike her current Pepto-Bismol duds. I have seen all the new costumes and wigs, and Ariel's (to me anyway) is the most drastic change from her current park look. The dress, to me, is absolutely flabbergasting in real life. Your mileage may vary, but that's why I'm anxious to see the reactions to her new look once it's released.

oh dear..... lavender for Aurora? she never even wears lavender..... apart from that purple shawl in the movie.
is Ariel's dress poofy or straight? just curious

GiveMeTheMusic

oh dear..... lavender for Aurora? she never even wears lavender..... apart from that purple shawl in the movie.
is Ariel's dress poofy or straight? just curious

It kinda looks like the merch one, but the top is poofier. It's difficult to describe really, I wish I could do it better. I suspect the photo will leak soon enough, and if it doesn't, she'll be in the parks soon and we'll all be able to judge then.

iheartdisney91

It kinda looks like the merch one, but the top is poofier. It's difficult to describe really, I wish I could do it better. I suspect the photo will leak soon enough, and if it doesn't, she'll be in the parks soon and we'll all be able to judge then.

thanks a lot for your help!
i'm actually excited to see how this works out! =]

tracyandalex

Is this new dress similar to the one Ariel wears on the cruise ship? We have a pic of DD with Ariel on the Dream in a green dress with I want to say a green flower or star fish in her hair. Sorry I'm a little sketchy on the details, but it's been almost 2 years and I don't have the pic for reference here at work.

They need to change Cinderella's look back to normal! She seems to me like she'd be one of the older Princesses, and she doesn't look it here. Her hair is a dark strawberry blonde in the movie, not this brighter color here. Also, in the movies, she has this retro look about her (reflecting the 1950 release of the film).

GiveMeTheMusic

Is this new dress similar to the one Ariel wears on the cruise ship? We have a pic of DD with Ariel on the Dream in a green dress with I want to say a green flower or star fish in her hair. Sorry I'm a little sketchy on the details, but it's been almost 2 years and I don't have the pic for reference here at work.

The dress you're referring to is the one Ariel has used in the parks for the past 7-8 years or so wheneve she's not wearing her fin. The new dress is completely different - the current dress is more traditional and kind of keeps to Ariel's style with the poofy sleeves and poofy gown. The new dress is totally different and doesn't even begin to resemble anything she's ever worn before.

DancingPhoenix

Ugh, I'm just waiting to see a picture of Belle. Her hair is really what worries me though. Her old dress was not that spectacular honestly. I think it was one of the worse dresses, both in movie correct-ness and in general look. Too many stuffed tube-y parts :rolleyes:

COProgressFan

You know what they look like? They look like if you go on ebay and buy a fake version of a Disney product from China (like a wallet or a watch or a croc jibbit that is unlicensed.) They look like a fake version of themselves. It is so repulsive that they look that seductive. I have completely boycotted the entire line of merchandise until they put them back to how they were. Did anyone see how Pocahontas lost a shoulder strap on her dress? Seriously.

Wait, you don't like hoochie looking princesses that hardly look like their original selves? They do look like knockoffs. Just like how the "Disney Parks" logo looks like it came off of "Jim's Disney Fan Site" circa 1997. The wonders at TWDC never cease.

I'm all for updating costuming, but changing them in a way that makes them look different and seductive/sexualized is disturbing.

juniorthomas

Cinderella images have been sprouting up lately with the new look...

Her Old Version...
cinderella.jpg

And Her New Version
New-Cinderella-disney-princess-30792546-666-800.jpg

Here is more From this 2013 calender..
9781423815068.jpg
Cinderella images have been sprouting up lately with the new look...

Her Old Version...
cinderella.jpg

And Her New Version
New-Cinderella-disney-princess-30792546-666-800.jpg

Here is more From this 2013 calender..
9781423815068.jpg

So. Much. Glitter.

ParkMan73

So. Much. Glitter.
Perhaps it's because I have a 4 year old, but I like the new dresses. They seem kinda fun. I'm not so positive on the new faces. It may seem like an odd comment, but I find the cheeks too rosy. Seems sorta odd.

On the whole, I can't say I mind the update too much.

Witchy Chick

This is the Ariel we saw at Akershus for the Princess Breakfast

Ariel_zpsb4742768.jpg

Is that the dress from the cruise?

juniorthomas

Perhaps it's because I have a 4 year old, but I like the new dresses. They seem kinda fun. I'm not so positive on the new faces. It may seem like an odd comment, but I find the cheeks too rosy. Seems sorta odd.

On the whole, I can't say I mind the update too much.

My 3 year old DD will love the glitter, I know that much. I am concerned that they do look a little glam though. A lot of make up...

GiveMeTheMusic

This is the Ariel we saw at Akershus for the Princess Breakfast

Ariel_zpsb4742768.jpg

Is that the dress from the cruise?

That's the same dress Ariel wears worldwide whenever she has legs. Disney strives for the characters to look consistent worldwide with few exceptions, which is why new looks for popular characters like princesses take a while to roll out.

Weather_Lady

You know what they look like? They look like if you go on ebay and buy a fake version of a Disney product from China (like a wallet or a watch or a croc jibbit that is unlicensed.) They look like a fake version of themselves. It is so repulsive that they look that seductive. I have completely boycotted the entire line of merchandise until they put them back to how they were. Did anyone see how Pocahontas lost a shoulder strap on her dress? Seriously.

I agree. Not only are the clothes tighter and flashier, but what bothers me most is the expressions on their faces. Their mouths are hanging open in a teasing and seductive smile, yet their eyes are vacant, which makes them look, well, totally hooker-y. All except for Tiana: she looks like she knows exactly what is going down, and doesn't like it. I'm with her.

COProgressFan

I agree. Not only are the clothes tighter and flashier, but what bothers me most is the expressions on their faces. Their mouths are hanging open in a teasing and seductive smile, yet their eyes are vacant, which makes them look, well, totally hooker-y. All except for Tiana: she looks like she knows exactly what is going down, and doesn't like it. I'm with her.

Exactly. Their seductive gazes are nauseating. And when I first saw the pic with Cinderella's leg poking out of the dress, I thought it was a fake fan-created pervy drawing. I can't believe Disney thinks its acceptable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom