Princess Merida meet 'n greet

InLikeFlynn

I was mostly curious to see the photo (or hear what the source was at least) because I wondered if they were legit face characters or cosplayers. Because some of them are gooood. :animwink:

jt04

I heard a rumor that Merida is going where Rapunzel meets now. Rumor has it that Flynn will be returning and will be doing M&G with Rapunzel in a new area (former skyway station?).

Hope this is true.

Me too. I can't say characters are high on my list but they are certainly crowd pleasers and absorb the masses. And more in more they bring great aesthetic theming as part of the deal. That makes it worthwhile right there.

3feethigher

MK M&G Changes

This summer, Guests at Magic Kingdom Park will have the opportunity to meet Merida, the bold heroine from Disney-Pixar’s newest animated feature, “Brave” (opening in theaters June 22, 2012).

Beginning in mid-May, Merida will appear at the park's Fairytale Garden in a setting inspired by her Scottish Highlands home, where young Guests will be invited to engage in archery lessons and other activities until it’s their turn to meet her. Joining Merida will be the three bear cubs from the film, who will no doubt be up to plenty of mischief.

To prepare for Merida’s arrival at Magic Kingdom Park, Rapunzel will be moving from Fairytale Garden to a new spot at the outskirts of Adventureland where she will continue to greet her loyal fans and subjects. Rapunzel will also be joining the daily Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade.

- Rapunzel will appear on the porch of the Adventureland Veranda beginning April 15. Through the end of summer, Flynn Rider will accompany Rapunzel on her adventure, offering Guests another opportunity to meet him.

- On that same date, April 15, Ariel and Prince Eric will be going on an adventure of their own as they relocate to the glass gazebo, alongside the Adventureland Veranda near Swiss Family Treehouse.

I can see her fitting at MK, even though HS would have been the obvious place. Also, clearly the new FL bathrooms/Rapunzel M&G won't be finished in time for the switch since they're sending her to Adventureland temporarily.

What's curious is the "play" aspect ... Will they implement a mandatory FP now to control the hoards clambering to crawl over everything and see the characters? Also, props to the Disney parks blog for not spoiling anything with the mention of the bears. :rolleyes:

mouseology

HUH? they're moving Rapunzel to Adventureland? umm...did I miss something? I don't see how this is fitting in the least. I know it's just temporary, but it seems like an odd placement.

I also think it's weird that whole new Rapunzel tower still hasn't been officially announced. Would love to see some concept art!

InLikeFlynn

Is he only there through the summer though? Sort of like how we got Eric because Ariel lost her fins, we get Flynn while Rapunzel is temporarily put out of her home?
Once her permanent spot is determined, should we expect him to go away again?

MAF

I'm glad the idiots running WDW realized the fans want Flynn as a M&G character. Nobody even cares about Rapunzel TBH... :shrug:

Kevin_W

I'm glad the idiots running WDW realized the fans want Flynn as a M&G character. Nobody even cares about Rapunzel TBH... :shrug:

Nobody? Really? I liked meeting Eugene as much as anyone else, but I also enjoyed seeing Rapunzel. And Rapunzel was my daughter's favorite M&G of our trip. so I think that might be a stretch.

wdw_nerd

awesome news about Flynn! So he should be back with Rapunzel April 15th? Is that the date she moves from Fairytale garden to Adventureland?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom