Princess Fairytale Hall - Now with one fewer princess?

Yzma

Everything I've heard points to a Princess Roulette. Meaning that while there are 4 rooms, each room will have 2 girls and there is no way to know in advance who you'll get to see - nor will you be able to preference. It's assumed Cindy will be in a couple of the rooms, likely Aurora and Rapunzel as well. People forget that Ariel, Jasmine, and Snow CURRENTLY make random appearances in Town Square Theatre, but it's a day of type of exchange.

The new hall will not be as simple as finding concrete princesses, it'll be much more fluid and therefore Random to the Guests. You won't be able to go through once and see everyone, you'll have to try multiple times to get through everyone (think of Pixie Hollow back when Toontown was open). And with constant changes you'll never know who you're trying to see!

wcjordan06

Everything I've heard points to a Princess Roulette. Meaning that while there are 4 rooms, each room will have 2 girls and there is no way to know in advance who you'll get to see - nor will you be able to preference. It's assumed Cindy will be in a couple of the rooms, likely Aurora and Rapunzel as well. People forget that Ariel, Jasmine, and Snow CURRENTLY make random appearances in Town Square Theatre, but it's a day of type of exchange.

The new hall will not be as simple as finding concrete princesses, it'll be much more fluid and therefore Random to the Guests. You won't be able to go through once and see everyone, you'll have to try multiple times to get through everyone (think of Pixie Hollow back when Toontown was open). And with constant changes you'll never know who you're trying to see!
That's the first I have heard of any of that.. IMO that seems a bit stupid and could lead to many complaints about guest's time being wasted. I know for a fact if I had a kid that wanted to see say Ariel or Jasmine, and we are being told she is in there currently, my child would be pretty upset if she ended up with say Snow White (not that Snow is bad or anything lol).

Even currently at Town Sq Theatre, they let you know who are you seeing as you wait in line for the princesses. I just think that will be quickly changed if they do open with that method.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

That's the first I have heard of any of that.. IMO that seems a bit stupid and could lead to many complaints about guest's time being wasted. I know for a fact if I had a kid that wanted to see say Ariel or Jasmine, and we are being told she is in there currently, my child would be pretty upset if she ended up with say Snow White (not that Snow is bad or anything lol).

Even currently at Town Sq Theatre, they let you know who are you seeing as you wait in line for the princesses. I just think that will be quickly changed if they do open with that method.

Ariel has her own M&G, though. And a lot are speculating that Jasmine will stay with Aladdin over in Adventureland... I do see some complaints arising, and maybe even some people writing letters about this ::looks around:: :rolleyes: but if they were to tell you who you were seeing ahead of time, problem solved? Maybe?

wcjordan06

Ariel has her own M&G, though. And a lot are speculating that Jasmine will stay with Aladdin over in Adventureland... I do see some complaints arising, and maybe even some people writing letters about this ::looks around:: :rolleyes: but if they were to tell you who you were seeing ahead of time, problem solved? Maybe?
That was just an example using two princesses that popped into my head at the time, however, Jasmine is still pictured on the front of the construction fence for the Hall (and I believe in the most recent video of concept art, Mulan and Tiana can be seen pictured inside) so I'm not convinced you wont see them all moved, besides maybe Ariel.

But yes, letting guests know who they are taking time out of their day to see is a much more guest friendly approach then just standing in line and hoping for the best when you have a kid hell bent on seeing so and so.

Yzma

My concern is about Cinderella, outside of Dining, the Princess Hall is her only M&G. If they can't even guarantee you'll see Cindy, then I think we'll have some pretty sad little Cinderellas. Seems like a big character to make "random?" Hopefully this is all wrong and they've got something else up their sleeves?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973

Ahhhh.....Limited Princess Time Magic

Pixiedustmaker

From what I've seen and heard, each room will have a picture of the princess inside above it . . . though this can easily be changed as they are going with flatscreen t.v.'s for the pictures. Makes sense as Tiana might call in sick, and they don't want to have to cover her portrait. So, this means that the rotations of princesses will be based on demand and for variety. You pick the line for the princess you want to see, plain and simple.

Some rooms will have to double for certain princesses in terms of decorations. Such as:

1. Regular/castle based princess style room: Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, with perhaps special decorations for each princesses than can be moved into the room depending on usage.
2. Bucolic setting room, i.e. trees, fireflies, rainbows, for princesses without a traditional castle or for whom this setting is more appropriate, Tiana, Mulan, Rapunzel, Snow White.
3. Middle eastern/asian influenced room: Jasmine, Mulan. Star filled night, balcony. Obviously, it would be "ok" if Jasmine was in a room more suited to Cinderella if she was just visiting, but I think they'll want story specific backdrops for pictures.

They'll have a sign out front announcing the visiting Princesses of the day, and you'll probably be able to go online and see which princess comes tomorrow if your favorite isn't there.

Pixiedustmaker

Everything I've heard points to a Princess Roulette.

. . .

You won't be able to go through once and see everyone, you'll have to try multiple times to get through everyone (think of Pixie Hollow back when Toontown was open). And with constant changes you'll never know who you're trying to see!

Not what I've heard. You'll wait in a line with the princess's picture above the entrance to the room. Once inside, you can then get into another line, to see another princess if you so choose, meaning you can see them all. Then you leave. The line to get in is like waiting to get into a food court, and once you're inside you can choose what you want to do.

The princesses visiting that day will be clearly posted outside, so you'll know what your choices will be.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From what I've seen and heard, each room will have a picture of the princess inside above it . . . though this can easily be changed as they are going with flatscreen t.v.'s for the pictures. Makes sense as Tiana might call in sick, and they don't want to have to cover her portrait. So, this means that the rotations of princesses will be based on demand and for variety. You pick the line for the princess you want to see, plain and simple.

Some rooms will have to double for certain princesses in terms of decorations. Such as:

1. Regular/castle based princess style room: Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, with perhaps special decorations for each princesses than can be moved into the room depending on usage.
2. Bucolic setting room, i.e. trees, fireflies, rainbows, for princesses without a traditional castle or for whom this setting is more appropriate, Tiana, Mulan, Rapunzel, Snow White.
3. Middle eastern/asian influenced room: Jasmine, Mulan. Star filled night, balcony. Obviously, it would be "ok" if Jasmine was in a room more suited to Cinderella if she was just visiting, but I think they'll want story specific backdrops for pictures.

They'll have a sign out front announcing the visiting Princesses of the day, and you'll probably be able to go online and see which princess comes tomorrow if your favorite isn't there.

This really sounds like the most logical way to do it. I just can't seem them setting this up so you don't know which princess you will see.

IWantMyMagicBand

I visited DLP in September. If this is run like their version, then you queue (for at least and hour...) in a single line, get to the front and are told which room to go in. There was one princess in each generically decorated room. You saw one princess, we saw Tiana (yay as we missed her in WDW!), then got ushered out. We noticed Aurora's dress peeking out from the other room. While we were viewing our photos, Tiana left and Ariel went in to her space. If you wanted to see another princess, you queued again :(
I do have to say, as a positive, the queue area was amazing, with the magic mirror and individual crystal pieces representing each princess.
When in Florida, we choose to do character dining to get some M&G in. We queued for over an hour for Rapunzel. We won't be queuing for princesses when we return in October if it goes the same way as DLP.

awoogala

I assumed the meet and greet in Town Square was how they would set it up. One big line, then 3 princesses. They told you not to expect anyone, since they did change them regularly, but you got to see all 3.
Since they have been running it this way for quite a while while building the new building, I figured they were getting us trained!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I assumed the meet and greet in Town Square was how they would set it up. One big line, then 3 princesses. They told you not to expect anyone, since they did change them regularly, but you got to see all 3.
Since they have been running it this way for quite a while while building the new building, I figured they were getting us trained!
HOPE SO! maybe we'll get lucky. I believe in Disney magic!

croboy82

Everything I've heard points to a Princess Roulette. Meaning that while there are 4 rooms, each room will have 2 girls and there is no way to know in advance who you'll get to see - nor will you be able to preference.

As already mentioned, this is exactly what is happening in Paris. You enter a room and meet one princess without knowing who it is and then you leave and have to wait again if you want to meet another one. I'm pretty sure they will do the same in WDW as this is probably why they were testing it beforehand in Paris.

mm52200

As already mentioned, this is exactly what is happening in Paris. You enter a room and meet one princess without knowing who it is and then you leave and have to wait again if you want to meet another one. I'm pretty sure they will do the same in WDW as this is probably why they were testing it beforehand in Paris.
That will be disapointing if it ends up being like this. You would think that since the Princesses are such high demand characters that they would want to be able to guarantee for you which ones you can see rather than keep waiting in line and hope for Cinderella.

Lee

Adventurer
Could this happen...
What if you queue up and get Cinderella.
Then you queue up again to see a different princess...only to get Cinderella again...but this time she looks slightly different.

(I don't have any knowledge of (or interest in) character meets, so I have no idea if that's even possible...but, it would make things interesting.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could this happen...
Then you queue up again to see a different princess...only to get Cinderella again...but this time she looks slightly different.

(I don't have any knowledge of (or interest in) character meets, so I have no idea if that's even possible...but, it would make things interesting.)

If you queue up a third time and get Cinderella again you win the jackpot, it's sort of a Disney character slot machine! ;)

WDWYankee15

Could this happen...

It would be sad if they did something like has been suggested as the "Mystery Princess." It would also be very sad if it caused the situation Lee suggests above and also a huge waste of time to see the "same" ;) princess again.

However, I will say that how they currently have and have for a while had you meet the "Fairies" (Tinker Belle and friends) this situation can an does occur. Tinker Belle is always there to meet, but her friend in the room changes. The CM at the end of the line will usually tell you who is in there "now," even though they are told not to and they will warn that it may change while you wait. Last time we were at the Magic Kingdom (Summer 2011) our then 5 year old daughter wanted to meet Vidia (who was the featured friend at the time from the current Fairies movie). We got in line and was told she was in there, but by the time we got through the line Rosette was there visiting with Tinker Belle. She is one of my daughter's favorites and even thoough we had met her the year prior she was happy to see her and Tinker Belle. When we got done we got a a Dole Whip and eat it in the area. Before leaving the area we asked the CM at the end of the line if Vidia had come back. When she said she had we got back in line. When we reach the meet and greet room, guess what Vidia had "flown back off" and Rosette was back with Tink. However, both Rosette and Tink were different than the ones we had met within the last 45 minutes. :eek: Luckily our 5 year was still caught up in Disney Magic and was none the wiser. Thank God our 5 year old was not devistated, but the other issue was we never got to meet Vidia, even though at that time (Summer 2011) she was there a lot and we wasted time in meeting the "same" two fairies.

So long story short...too late... this type of bad situation already exists. Let's hope they don't make a similar mistake by creating a similar problem in Princess Fairytale Hall.

mm52200

If it sounds like there will be three rooms, why don't they just make it as simple as a room for Cinderella, a room for Aurora, and a room for Rapunzel, since those are the princessss currently in TST without a home elsewhere. All of the other princesses have regular M&G spots elsewhere already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom