Princess Fairytale Hall - Now with one fewer princess?

doctornick

I have always thought Tiana would be perfect for a mini-land m&g in the manner Belle is presented within the FLE. So perhaps that is what is happening with the changes.

Actually, this is a pretty good idea. Have an entrance room with AA frogs, then have them "kiss" and become human in the main room and have Tiana meet people. Would be a nice addition to Liberty Square.

TP2000

I am going on a rare trip to Disneyland in California in January. They are building a similar Hall over there too. But I doubt it will be
done in a month. I am going to try to get some scoop on which princesses will be in there.
I really like finding out all the little details about what is coming. It's very exciting for me.

I think you have the right idea, in that Disneyland's Princess Fantasy Faire (the name for their Fairytale Hall concept) is going to be a major indicator of how the similar concept will work in WDW. WDW princess fans will get a big heads up on what they are in for from Disneyland's version opening first this spring.

Disneyland's version is being built from the ground up though, on land that used to be just a large patio and a small berm of fir trees near the Castle. The old bandstand and dance floor is being redone into a princess stage show by day, and then back to big band dancefloor on weekend nights for swing dancing.

Watch This Anaheim Space For WDW's Future! - The Disneyland space in 2011 prior to Faire construction
IMG_9598-L.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.com/DisneylandResort/2011/08-21-11/i-khVCCqg/0/L/IMG_9598-L.jpg

Here's the latest construction pics of Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland, to give you an idea of the race against the clock they are under to be done by March 10th. I don't think you'll even see the walls down by the time you get to Disneyland in January.

The bandstand being rebuilt near the entrance to the new Faire.
IMG_5754-M.jpg

The Faire "skyline" under construction at the back of the space.
IMG_5852-M.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.c...hotos/27003054_HHj6Sb#!i=2263966434&k=2rKHz4M

And the finished Fantasy Faire product this spring, per official WDI artwork and models up in Glendale.
fantasyland-faire-dl-wdi.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2012/08/fantasy-faire.jpg

Fantasy-Faire-visual-color-640x354.jpg

http://static.disneylandnews.com/files/2011/08/Fantasy-Faire-visual-color-640x354.jpg

Per Al Lutz in recent Miceage reports, the Fantasy Faire opens at Disneyland around March 10th, 2013 and there will be three princess greetings per visit, split into two identical halls that parallel each other inside the building. So a visitor would enter and be sent to either side, and then meet three princesses in a series of three rooms, with six princesses working inside the double-hall facility at any one time. The Faire will also have a small gift shop and a snack bar, plus the stage area on the left side of the model for princess stage shows. The existing Bibbity Bobbity Boutique is immediately to the right of this artwork in the Castle itself, and is being reconfigured and remodeled to better integrate with the new princess facility next door.

So in about 90 days when this new offering opens at Disneyland, we'll all have a good idea of how these nearly identical attraction concepts will work at WDW. It sounds like the WDW version won't open until "Late 2013" though, so perhaps not until this same time next year at Magic Kingdom Park.

Oh, and Tiana is my favorite princess too! I like her style, and her taste in music. :cool:

Californian Elitist

Although I can't say I'm surprised about the fact that WDW's Fairytale Hall isn't as elaborate as Fantasy Faire at Disneyland, I still don't think it's fair. Magic Kingdom gets a new Fantasyland, with a mediocre looking princess meet and greet. Disneyland got its new Fantasyland years ago, and the princess meet and greet its getting looks ten times better.

wcjordan06

Sooo just curious, who's to say that once this opens that they don't just move them there to be more accessible for guests? Personally I HATE waiting for Princess M&G's over any other character and I loved when they moved some of them to Town Square as it made catching them a bit easier. Moving Tiana and Jasmine away from their spots is not a big deal imo. Jasmine can easily be replaced by Abu or Genie with Aladdin, and Tiana's meet and greet is a bit odd imo, though she is about the only character that fits with the Liberty Square theme. Also you gotta think Merdia's M&G is in the ever changing "new character" area so she will need a place to go, chalk her up to the future roster of the PFH.

And I personally am a big fan of the "lesser" princesses so I would LOVE for Mulan and Pocahontas to get a spot here too since they can be hard to catch being only at one park respectively.

wcjordan06

Meaning the river boat and Americana... I'm well aware it's a stretch, but the western theme, jungle/adventure, and clearly European areas seem a bit more of a oddity wouldn't you say?.. Needless to say that has little to do with why I posted...

PhotoDave219

Why in the World do we need another Meet and Greet?

Whats wrong with an actually attraction that kids can ride? I mean.... a friend phrased it as "The youngest guests wait in the longest lines for the shortest rides."

Calvin Coolidge

Honestly I think Meet & Greets are pretty vital to Disney's theme park model. I know if I had a seven-year-old daughter who desperately wanted a picture with Cinderella, I'd be pretty happy there was a meet & greet where I could find her without having to shell out for, say, CRT or Akershus

wcjordan06

They are indeed to some. Not uncommon anymore to see longer waits (in time or queue length) that most rides on some days.
Agreed. I have been many times with kids during their first visit and by far to them the characters are the best part because it's the part of fantasy meeting their reality. To adults it may seem a bit of a waste of time, but I'm pretty sure we can all agree that Disney caters to the younger crowd, and the young at heart.

jt04

I think you have the right idea, in that Disneyland's Princess Fantasy Faire (the name for their Fairytale Hall concept) is going to be a major indicator of how the similar concept will work in WDW. WDW princess fans will get a big heads up on what they are in for from Disneyland's version opening first this spring.

Disneyland's version is being built from the ground up though, on land that used to be just a large patio and a small berm of fir trees near the Castle. The old bandstand and dance floor is being redone into a princess stage show by day, and then back to big band dancefloor on weekend nights for swing dancing.

Watch This Anaheim Space For WDW's Future! - The Disneyland space in 2011 prior to Faire construction
IMG_9598-L.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.com/DisneylandResort/2011/08-21-11/i-khVCCqg/0/L/IMG_9598-L.jpg

Here's the latest construction pics of Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland, to give you an idea of the race against the clock they are under to be done by March 10th. I don't think you'll even see the walls down by the time you get to Disneyland in January.

The bandstand being rebuilt near the entrance to the new Faire.
IMG_5754-M.jpg

The Faire "skyline" under construction at the back of the space.
IMG_5852-M.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.c...hotos/27003054_HHj6Sb#!i=2263966434&k=2rKHz4M

And the finished Fantasy Faire product this spring, per official WDI artwork and models up in Glendale.
fantasyland-faire-dl-wdi.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2012/08/fantasy-faire.jpg

Fantasy-Faire-visual-color-640x354.jpg

http://static.disneylandnews.com/files/2011/08/Fantasy-Faire-visual-color-640x354.jpg

Per Al Lutz in recent Miceage reports, the Fantasy Faire opens at Disneyland around March 10th, 2013 and there will be three princess greetings per visit, split into two identical halls that parallel each other inside the building. So a visitor would enter and be sent to either side, and then meet three princesses in a series of three rooms, with six princesses working inside the double-hall facility at any one time. The Faire will also have a small gift shop and a snack bar, plus the stage area on the left side of the model for princess stage shows. The existing Bibbity Bobbity Boutique is immediately to the right of this artwork in the Castle itself, and is being reconfigured and remodeled to better integrate with the new princess facility next door.

So in about 90 days when this new offering opens at Disneyland, we'll all have a good idea of how these nearly identical attraction concepts will work at WDW. It sounds like the WDW version won't open until "Late 2013" though, so perhaps not until this same time next year at Magic Kingdom Park.

Oh, and Tiana is my favorite princess too! I like her style, and her taste in music. :cool:

Considering the wait times for Belle at the FLE (something I predicted) my guess is there will be a push at WDW to get the new hall open ASAP especially when they see the crowds at DL for this new facility.

Agree with you on Tiana. Perfect for a Belle type m&g mini-land.

Poor Lee.

awoogala

Cinderella and Aurora will probably be in the hall since they were supposed to have their own very elaborate M&G's before the Mine Train came along

Belle and Ariel have spots in the Forest, and I thought Snow White was supposed to get a M&G in the little cottage at the Mine Train. Tiana and Jasmine have M&G's elsewhere so who's left beside's Rapunzel?
Merida.

awoogala

why is there no plan for a merida spot in there? hopefully, she still has her own m&g somewhere? she is the only princess my girl wants to see this year!

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's not just kids. I have to see Rapunzel(my favorite) next trip! Missed her last time her hair braiders "overslept" At least the most magical thing happened my DS was the only boy on line and he is a big Flynn fan so a cast member took us out to fantasy land to meet him by himself and he got to pull the sword out of the stone on father's day BEST one ever for my dh. ps also hoping to see Merida this trip my ds likes the wee little devils

mickeysaver

Princess Tiana has to be available for meet & greets. To not give her the respect of an indoor air conditioned meet & greet area is totally wrong. Of all of the princesses, I have to say in all honesty, Tiana is the most fun and playful of them all. She is always a joy when we meet her in the park. I can't way the same for the others. Please give her the upgraded meet & greet space, she deserves it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom