Princess Elena of Avalor’s Royal Welcome

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, Elena is an official Disney Princess so from previous experience she would get coronated into the franchise. And supposedly it's happening on the Castle stage, so it wouldn't make sense for it to be a new entertainment offering as Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire just started, plus she's supposed to be starting meeting in MK in August.
Assuming something like what they did with http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/limi...cial-disney-princess-at-the-magic-kingdom.htm

MagicHappens1971

That's what I'm going off of. I know Rapunzel was coronated as well, but I think they did that in London? Tiana was also coronated but I don't remember how/where. Edit: Tiana was coronated in MK as well. Tiana was coronated in late October (2009) and PATF came out Thanksgiving of 2009. Rapunzel was coronated early October (2011), and Tangled came out Thanksgiving 2010. And Merida, she was coronated in May of 2013, Brave came out in June of 2012. So seems a little soon for a coronation, but I don't know. :/

mikenatcity1

No, Elsa is a queen, and there are no current plans for the near future of Anna/ and or Elsa being coronated. Being an official Disney Princess is really just franchising/licensing. Disney makes more money by Anna & Elsa being sold under the "Disney Frozen" franchise then the "Disney Princess" franchise. For the time being as long as the Frozen fever holds up they'll remain separate from the "Disney Princess" franchise.

oh!!! That makes a lot of sense! Thank you very much :)

Sped2424

Well, Elena is an official Disney Princess so from previous experience she would get coronated into the franchise. And supposedly it's happening on the Castle stage, so it wouldn't make sense for it to be a new entertainment offering as Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire just started, plus she's supposed to be starting meeting in MK in August.
Are you basing this off a guess or some source? I thought Elena was a princess in the same vein as Sofia. Canon but not actual lineup status. If they move here up to the princess lineup I think that wouldn't sit well with me.

Sped2424

Elena is NOT an "official" Disney princess. Disney Channel princesses aren't part of the big Disney Princess line, which is reserved for WDAS/Pixar big screen princesses only.
That's exactly what I thought and knew. She is a disney tv princess (which is my issue with this whole pat on the back disney keeps giving themselves for this). SO I don't see an official coronation happening. Maybe a special day but not a coronation into the franchise.

MagicHappens1971

Elena is NOT an "official" Disney princess. Disney Channel princesses aren't part of the big Disney Princess line, which is reserved for WDAS/Pixar big screen princesses only.
Yes I thought the same thing about the Disney Princess lineup. But I've been told several times the Elena of Avalor will be an official Disney Princess.

asianway

Just a note - Disney has only announced that Elena is APPEARING at MK in August; not that a M&G is starting in August. While there have been two sets of auditions, and several unofficial blogs posted that Elena's August appearance would be a M&G, I do not want anyone to be too disappointed if that's not the case.

Disney Parks Blog: Elena
Exact words, Greg.

At least one official source did confirm meets though.

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2016/0...meet-guests-this-summer-at-walt-disney-world/

As always, entertainment subject to change yadda yadda yadda

maroonmol

As much as I'm sure that many little girls will love to meet this Elena, I would hope that a more well-known character (not necessarily a princess), would have meet and greets at WDW.

Although, I suppose it's a sign that the format where children discover Disney characters could be changing from movie to TV.

mimitchi33

This was posted on Tumblr regarding if Elena will become an official princess:
"I work at the Disney Store & we have been informed that she will. Disney Princess is a merchandise line & we have been told that Elena has been intended to join this line from her inception. It does not matter that she doesn’t have a feature film. We have heard directly from Disney that she will be joining. Argue with me as much as you want, but this is what Disney has told me."
So it seems like she was made with the intent of joining the lineup in mind, thus making her the first TV princess to join.

MagicHappens1971

This was posted on Tumblr regarding if Elena will become an official princess:
"I work at the Disney Store & we have been informed that she will. Disney Princess is a merchandise line & we have been told that Elena has been intended to join this line from her inception. It does not matter that she doesn’t have a feature film. We have heard directly from Disney that she will be joining. Argue with me as much as you want, but this is what Disney has told me."
So it seems like she was made with the intent of joining the lineup in mind, thus making her the first TV princess to join.
Thank you for posting this, I don't recall where I had heard it originally, but I was really annoyed with the decision, as one the requirements for joining the franchise is 1) Being in a feature film.

asianway

Looks like youre wrong, yet again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom