Princess and the Frog Promo/Mini-show coming to Liberty Square

SirGoofy

Original Poster
I dream this would happen. I like Jungle Cruise, but it's dated and some Disney animatronics like TLK and JB might freshen it up. I guess I just don't think the skipper jokes can save that ride anymore... :shrug:

Tell that to the guests. We beat out numbers every hour, and our survey scores are through the roof.:sohappy:

Princess Kitty

I'm talking about the TS stories not MT. They have never seemed to fit either land.
Tom Sawyer Island always seemed to me like it never fit the rest of Frontierland because it was an "empty" attraction. I mean, where is Tom? I've never seen him. The same for the Swiss Family Treehouse in Adventureland. Where is the Swiss Family?

I like the idea of The Princess and the Frog set on the riverboat. Didn't the animators specifically include Disneyland's riverboat in the new movie? Too bad we don't have a New Orleans Square for a procession to start. Tiana seems too much the city girl to exist in Frontierland and a bit too sophisticated for colonial Liberty Square.

EPCOT Explorer

Tom Sawyer's friend was Huckleberry Finn, who journeyed completely down the Mississippi (clearly the most important of the "Rivers of America" represented here) during the time when America was exploring the Frontier...

And the original "magic kingdom" at Disneyland has a New Orleans Square along the banks of this river.

So, going back to the thread topic, I believe that this promotion would be a good fit with the riverboat, but even more so in Disneyland.

Check out the Satchmo footage from "Disneyland After Dark": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKkj1P3cIEI

It was part of a great special from 1962 wherein Walt shows you some of the cool things they did then, including parties and music. So, having authentic New Orleans music and other special events is not new, but would definitely be welcome.

(The whole special is part of the Disneyland DVD in the Walt Disney Treasures series, and is worth watching. Walt's personal intro is found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLPILfpK3K8 .)

Paul
You are only making me want to see that DL DVD even more...Been looking for my own copy for a while.:lol:

_Scar

Tell that to the guests. We beat out numbers every hour, and our survey scores are through the roof.:sohappy:

Are you a skipper?! :D

Well some jokes are funny, but the wait is usually long and the animatronics are outdated. I'd love to see a King Louie on the Cruise or Baloo and Mowgli in the water!

SirGoofy

Original Poster
Are you a skipper?! :D

Yea.

Well some jokes are funny, but the wait is usually long and the animatronics are outdated. I'd love to see a King Louie on the Cruise or Baloo and Mowgli in the water!

They aren't animatronics. And they can't have the incredible movement that some indoor AAs have, because those use hydrolic fluid, which can't be used near a water source.

As for cartoon characters, they would completely clash with the real feel/look of the Jungle Cruise, and the day a cartoon character is placed into the JC,is the day I quit.

prberk

You are only making me want to see that DL DVD even more...Been looking for my own copy for a while.:lol:

That is an awesome show, and the DVD set is great.

Check this out, though: http://www.amazon.com/Disneyland-Af...V1YY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1248914055&sr=8-2

Isn't that amazing?!

Anyhow, here is a link to the DVD itself: http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-T...RE/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1248914564&sr=8-26

I still think that DL and WDW both would do well to follow the example on that special and have more live, guest performances again like they used to. And more TV specials.

Maybe they could do another "live from New Orleans Square" special from Disneyland to promote "The Frog and the Prince," featuring New Orleans musicians (including Harry Connick, Jr., and less well-known ones) performing both songs from the movie and other New Orleans music. Maybe have part of it filmed live in the real New Orleans and edited in...

Paul

EPCOT Explorer

That is an awesome show, and the DVD set is great.

Check this out, though: http://www.amazon.com/Disneyland-Af...V1YY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1248914055&sr=8-2

Isn't that amazing?!

Anyhow, here is a link to the DVD itself: http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-T...RE/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1248914564&sr=8-26

I still think that DL and WDW both would do well to follow the example on that special and have more live, guest performances again like they used to. And more TV specials.

Maybe they could do another "live from New Orleans Square" special from Disneyland to promote "The Frog and the Prince," featuring New Orleans musicians (including Harry Connick, Jr., and less well-known ones) performing both songs from the movie and other New Orleans music. Maybe have part of it filmed live in the real New Orleans and edited in...

Paul

Indeed! Being me, of course, :)lol:) I've youtubed all the coverage of EPCOT and all of the tie-ins they had. Such good and memorable marketing. It created a vibe, a feeling, even the nostalgia for today.

They really have to get back into that.

Brian_WDW74

Disney Auditions has posted casting information for both DL and WDW.

DL's post specifically states that the casting is for "Tiana's Showboat Jubiliee":
Disney Entertainment Productions is seeking energetic Parade Performers for Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee!, a colorful, vibrant riverboat extravaganza featuring songs and music from the jazz-filled world of Walt Disney Pictures’ newest animated release The Princess and the Frog.

Rehearsals begin early October; show opens November 6

WDW's post doesn't name a specific show or start date:
Disney Auditions is seeking female performers to bring to life Princess Tiana, the newest addition to our beloved Disney Princess family. Princess Tiana will appear daily in shows, parades and meet-and-greet appearances throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Performers who portray Princess Tiana will also help bring to life the world famous Disney Characters as a member of our Character Department. Costumed Character performers appear throughout our Parks and Resorts to meet-and-greet with our guests, sign autographs and pose for photographs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom