'Prince Eric's Village Market' opening soon offering healthy snacks in the New Fantasyland

ToTBellHop

Is this in one of the buildings there or are they plopping down a new cart in the area currently being used for stroller parking?

TyrantBoss

Oh YAY! Another place to eat in New Fantasyland. So far we have One ride (Little Mermaid), one show (Storytime with Belle) and now Three eateries (Be Our Guest, Gaston's Tavern, and Prince Eric's).

And I don't count the circus area because you are basically leaving New Fantasyland when you go there.

New Fantasyland...."The place where meals come true".

hpyhnt 1000

Oh YAY! Another place to eat in New Fantasyland. So far we have One ride (Little Mermaid), one show (Storytime with Belle) and now Three eateries (Be Our Guest, Gaston's Tavern, and Prince Eric's).

And I don't count the circus area because you are basically leaving New Fantasyland when you go there.

The ride vs. eateries point is well taken and true.

But.....for at least a decade the MK has had woeful dining options thanks to the DDP and a park management team that refuses to reopen (or keep open) a number of shuttered dining areas. Anything that brings more choice in MK dining is welcome in my book.

ToTBellHop

The ride vs. eateries point is well taken and true.

But.....for at least a decade the MK has had woeful dining options thanks to the DDP and a park management team that refuses to reopen (or keep open) a number of shuttered dining areas. Anything that brings more choice in MK dining is welcome in my book.
Agreed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Steve what day is this supposed to open? I'll be there Monday that's why I ask and if it's open I'll be sure to take pictures and post them here.
Originally it was next early next week, but I believe it has been pushed back to early Sep. I'll update if I get a solid date.

rael ramone

so what will they shutter in it's place.......

ToTBellHop

so what will they shutter in it's place.......
Due to guest complaints about getting too wet on Splash Mountain, it will be closing. But, Disney is pleased to announce the addition of Prince Eric's Village Market to take its place on the park offering list. It will be listed along with such great "attractions" as Cinderella Castle (open 9 am to 11 pm today) and Enchanted Forest.

The Empress Lilly

Just one place that makes fresh juice or fresh salad with kale or something along those lines would be great. Disney should try it just as a fluke. I bet it would surprise them how much money it would bring in.
I love me some junk food. But man...that Disney stuff is just BAD.

I'd totally check out some healthy options beyond a bag of sliced apple.

The Empress Lilly

Good point.

While once lovelingy themed restaurants remain shuttered in greater numbers than in Detroit, we are directed to food carts.

It's plain daft. It reeks of a WDW that's divided into little business divisions, without a proper eye for the place as a whole.

Joshua&CalebDad

Just one place that makes fresh juice or fresh salad with kale or something along those lines would be great. Disney should try it just as a fluke. I bet it would surprise them how much money it would bring in.

If I wanted to eat healthy I would go to a Botanical Garden and just eat the plants. This is Disney, let me eat my Turkey Leg, Mickey Bar, Everything Brownie, Oversized Cupcake, Dole Whip, and Diet Coke in peace :hilarious:

And yes, this is all before lunch...

ShellieMae

If I wanted to eat healthy I would go to a Botanical Garden and just eat the plants. This is Disney, let me eat my Turkey Leg, Mickey Bar, Everything Brownie, Oversized Cupcake, Dole Whip, and Diet Coke in peace :hilarious:

And yes, this is all before lunch...
A man after my own heart!

While I appreciate and like the healthy options, I never choose them when we're at WDW. BAD, I know, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom