Prince Charming Regal Carrousel Closed Temporarily

HouCuseChickie

OK- I'll be in MK in a little over 20 days and the girls LOVED the carousel. I really hope that's enough time for them to work out whatever this is.

boufa

Disney is ALL story. It is said everything in the parks, down to the bathrooms have a story. I have heard 2 imaineers say that they write the story before any thing else gets done. Read the Disney shawn blog. It makes you appretiate even the worst parts of the park.

On the other hand, the amount of Passion on this tread about a name for a ride that no one even uses and a story that few even know is silly. Unbunch you panties a little.

crazgurl

:lookaroun they're adding full harness restraints to make sure no one tries to get off their horse while it's in motion

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
It wont let me post the link... but tweets coming in saying:

Now hearing that a kid was jumping up and down on the horse and it fell. Disney is now checking horses one by one.

KevinYee

I believe the accident story, or some version like it.

Not *all* of the horses were off the carousel at 2pm today, but the outer two rings were. There was a lockout tag on the console. The CM confirmed the ride was 101 (plus I double checked the Times guide, and there is no mention of the carousel being closed or partly closed).

TestTrack

People are complaining that Disney added a story to a ride? Wow, Disney really can do no right sometime...

The story is fine, is it ridiculous? Yes, but so is 100 happy haunts singing and dancing around a mansion, and taking a open air spaceship ride in space.

If you don't like the story, the ride is still the same and you can ignore the story and still enjoy it.

lazyboy97o

Disney is ALL story. It is said everything in the parks, down to the bathrooms have a story. I have heard 2 imaineers say that they write the story before any thing else gets done. Read the Disney shawn blog. It makes you appretiate even the worst parts of the park.
That is the myth. The idea of a backstory for everything does not date back to the original Imagineers. Marc Davis even said just the opposite of this "story is king" mantra.

People are complaining that Disney added a story to a ride? Wow, Disney really can do no right sometime...
Walt Disney Imagineering is not known as a frugal bunch. The effort to create the backstory was a waste of Company resources and is not even necessary anymore, as the Cinderella Chateaux has been replaced by the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Jakester

If a kid fell off the horse from jumping, Do people really not know how to act.. (hoping the kid story is a joke). In 1955, People knew how to stay seated in a tram, in 2011, you need to be locked inside

Neverland

The kid story is true. He was jumping up and down (pretty vigorously) on the stirrups while the ride was running, and the horse couldn't handle the force of it and dropped out from under him. The kid was okay, but I sure hope his parents learned a lesson about making your children behave.

The first day it was closed, no horses were missing. I'm assuming that they're just taking this opportunity to give the horses some TLC; the carousel is nearly 100 years old, after all. And of course, they're probably checking them for stability, too. But like I said, the kid was pretty much stomping on the stirrups.

It's expected to be back open on Tuesday at the earliest.

trr1

The kid story is true. He was jumping up and down (pretty vigorously) on the stirrups while the ride was running, and the horse couldn't handle the force of it and dropped out from under him. The kid was okay, but I sure hope his parents learned a lesson about making your children behave.

The first day it was closed, no horses were missing. I'm assuming that they're just taking this opportunity to give the horses some TLC; the carousel is nearly 100 years old, after all. And of course, they're probably checking them for stability, too. But like I said, the kid was pretty much stomping on the stirrups.

can you say next lawsuite

Cosmic Commando

can you say next lawsuite

Still, the ride shouldn't have done that. Obviously, Disney knows this too and that's the reason for this closure. If it happened from this kid jumping up and down on the stirrups, then it probably would have happened eventually. A 50lb kid jumping probably puts similar strain on the horse to a 200lb person sitting.

tirian

It's not surprising; this is what happens when ride maintenance keeps getting cut to save money. The department simply needs more people.

The Empress Lilly

The story is fine, is it ridiculous? Yes, but so is 100 happy haunts singing and dancing around a mansion, and taking a open air spaceship ride in space.

If you don't like the story, the ride is still the same and you can ignore the story and still enjoy it.
Obsession with stories gives you Chester and Hester.

Obsession with backstory to aid placemaking gives you WWoHPotter.

'Story' is important, but not everybody at Disney seems to understand why and how. In fact, I get the the impression most don't.

jt04

Obsession with stories gives you Chester and Hester.

Obsession with backstory to aid placemaking gives you WWoHPotter.

'Story' is important, but not everybody at Disney seems to understand why and how. In fact, I get the the impression most don't.

Agreed. They used to do both exceedingly well. Something has been lost. But if they have to choose one over the other, than placemaking should win out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom