News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

MurphyJoe

You don't think (Colombia) South America with it's rain forests, flora and fauna would be a good fit for Animal Kingdom? And then since, like it or not, they would incorporate IP anyways, Encanto is a great fit - did you see the movie?

Obviously, I highly doubt they are adding any new land/continent to AK, but it would be lightyears better than adding Wakanda. Or Tarzan. Or Zootopia. Or more dinosaurs.

Zootopia totally fits. Judy was a cop, and what is a zoo but an animal prison?

More seriously, a South America section would possibly be best out of the options mentioned. Doubly so if they get penguins.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Doubly so if they get penguins.
I have an idea!

How about a very slow moving dark ride in an LPS vehicle that stops to watch screens of a penguin hatching and just waddling a little bit. This all takes place in an ice cave, where we all know penguins live in. Then the ride gets out at an enclosed refrigerated live penguin enclosure!!

TikibirdLand

I have an idea!

How about a very slow moving dark ride in an LPS vehicle that stops to watch screens of a penguin hatching and just waddling a little bit. This all takes place in an ice cave, where we all know penguins live in. Then the ride gets out at an enclosed refrigerated live penguin enclosure!!
Yeah! Let's call it, Antarctica Empire of the Penguin! Pair it with a Manta roller-coaster and you've got the start of a new land.

MurphyJoe

I have an idea!

Brilliant! Sounds like it'll become the poster child for just because you can go trackless, doesn't mean you should.

Casper Gutman

I understand and sympathize with folks who want to keep AK thematically consistent. Unfortunately, at this point things are so bad my priorities are, in order:

1) build a lot of good rides, increasing capacity and reducing the crushing weight of crowds destroying the parks

2) make sure those rides fit thematically

I wish I believed even one, let alone both, of these goals were realistic.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some seating added to the carved out spot -

134E75E0-17CB-4584-8ED1-C34AC75B8E48.jpeg

Brer Oswald

Umm... I can understand a M&G of Tarzan showing up in DAK, because... he lives in a jungle.

What I don't understand is the longing for a Tarzan ride in Animal Kingdom, since he's not an animal.*

*In the sense as opposed to us 'human animals.'
I think it’s definitely kind of a stretch, but I can see how one would work around it. Animal Kingdom is all about nature, conservation, and the relation between humans and animals. The last point is an aspect of Tarzan. I suppose there’s elements of nature and conservation as well, but are less of a focus.

It’s certainly more justifiable than Encanto. In that case, a side element of the film that “fits” would have to be used to justify the greater elements that have no relation to Animal Kingdom’s theme.

But both make more sense than Zootopia.

mitchk

Many people pray the rip down the entire Dino land carnival stuff and put up a Zootopia land but I don’t really see that happening
Any word on what is replacing it?
Many people pray they’ll rip down the entire Dinoland carnival stuff and put up a Zootopia land but I don’t really see that happening

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom