Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

Chi84

Premium Member
Tokyo Disney Resort

Click here to start your vacation planning:

You're welcome.
This is a UK site, so there are a lot of posters who are used to long international flights. But many people in the US choose WDW because of its location. The flight from our airport to MCO is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. If we get a direct flight to Tokyo, it takes at least 14 hours to get there. I wouldn't do it, nor would my kids want to fly that long with their young children. It's a matter of convenience and what works for us. For those who don't mind spending that long traveling, I'm sure Tokyo is a great suggestion. It's not for everyone, though.

Lilofan

This is a UK site, so there are a lot of posters who are used to long international flights. But many people in the US choose WDW because of its location. The flight from our airport to MCO is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. If we get a direct flight to Tokyo, it takes at least 14 hours to get there. I wouldn't do it, nor would my kids want to fly that long with their young children. It's a matter of convenience and what works for us. For those who don't mind spending that long traveling, I'm sure Tokyo is a great suggestion. It's not for everyone, though
Not surprising with approx 37% of US population having passports and 10% of population going on international travel, the worst of any developed nation.

Rickcat96

I have said it twice now, this is the 3rd :). I'm done.

I've reaped 25 years of some really good trips to Disney World/Disney Land. They don't get a pass just because they need to "maximize" profits by not delivering the experience, (then the value spent does not justify the cost they charge)

Where is my dividend? I thought the bald head said nothing will be done that does not increase shareholder value?

I cancelled Disney+ also, more content was removed and most of the new stuff is unappealing. Of all the Star Wars new episodes Disney has created, only 1 (2 if you count a cameo appearance) 1 Jedi Knight- Luke himself until they killed him off.

Unfortunately, I still have 2 unused Annual Passes, I guess they can sit for a bit until I see something that suites my style of travel back to Disney. At this point eating the loss on the AP cost seems a better choice.

Anecdotally, if anyone thinks the current model is to reduce attendance, I would respect that opinion, they will continue to keep those parks full.

Wallet closed.

castlecake2.0

I’d rather them just make genie+ $20 everyday and be done with it, fluctuating pricing is tacky. Also just make the “fancy rides” part of g+, having them an extra cost on top of an extra cost Is also VERY tacky. As for the other price increase, happens every year, no surprise there.

dreday3

This is a UK site, so there are a lot of posters who are used to long international flights. But many people in the US choose WDW because of its location. The flight from our airport to MCO is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. If we get a direct flight to Tokyo, it takes at least 14 hours to get there. I wouldn't do it, nor would my kids want to fly that long with their young children. It's a matter of convenience and what works for us. For those who don't mind spending that long traveling, I'm sure Tokyo is a great suggestion. It's not for everyone, though.

I just don't know how people always say a trip to Tokyo would be cheaper? If we go there, we certainly just aren't going there for Disney!
Where are people staying while there? I'd still want nice hotels. There would be a few hotel stays since we've be traveling around.
How long? We'd at least need two weeks to visit another country.
Eating? I can't imagine the amount we'd spend on great restaurants, bars, street food, etc.

Forget about the cost of flights...

dreday3

Not surprising with approx 37% of US population having passports and 10% of population going on international travel, the worst of any developed nation.

Well, we also have the worst vacation policy. Many people I know can't get two weeks off at a time and they don't want to travel to Europe (or elsewhere) for 6 days.
Many people in my neighborhood most likely can't afford many overseas trips. And they certainly aren't going to Disney every year.
Heck we can't afford much overseas travel - we take a few years to save for those. And save the vacation time. We are going to Vancouver. We also get to Mexico. So our passports get good use.

I'm sure there's a lot more factors that play into travel than just the dumb American trope.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

In fact, I would like to kindly ask you directly to share your favorite vacation spot that meets all of your high expectations (maybe this is the answer I was looking for!) That isn't crowded, is reasonably priced, no rude people, but plenty to do for a family for 1-2 weeks. I want state of the art rides and entertainment of course, but this place of yours will obviously have that too. And most important, a place that no slap fights could ever happen in.

Thanks in advance - cant wait to plan my next trip to this place!
Sandusky Ohio. They have world class park and you can spend a good week relaxing at Put In Bay.

Jrb1979

Well, we also have the worst vacation policy. Many people I know can't get two weeks off at a time and they don't want to travel to Europe (or elsewhere) for 6 days.
Many people in my neighborhood most likely can't afford many overseas trips. And they certainly aren't going to Disney every year.
Heck we can't afford much overseas travel - we take a few years to save for those. And save the vacation time. We are going to Vancouver. We also get to Mexico. So our passports get good use.

I'm sure there's a lot more factors that play into travel than just the dumb American trope.
It's not much better in Canada either. Most places offer 2 weeks a year on average. I'm lucky in that the company I work for gives me 4 weeks vacation a year. In 2 years I go to 5 weeks vacation.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
…I’m with Pomey on this one…they’d rather make less and say it cost them nothing…sad but true
We can agree to disagree here lol… again i totally get what you are saying but you have guests conditioned to pay up for things may as well keep pushing the limits. We also know they will eventually need to build new attractions but i do understand the short sighted mentality these morons have saying why spend anything we have all these suckas paying anyway. I just think if they had any clue i would be prepared to make a splash in 2026 with a ton of new offerings once the EU hype is coming to an end or to put a hault to it if it truly causing damage to your bottom line…

Jrb1979

My wife used to live in a Suburb of Cleveland and frequented this area. She almost spit her drink out when I told her this one. Not even close to Disney.
It's changed a lot. They do have more family oriented rides now. It's not just the park that's good. Put in Bay is a great escape for a few days.

Disstevefan1

I have said it twice now, this is the 3rd :). I'm done.

I've reaped 25 years of some really good trips to Disney World/Disney Land. They don't get a pass just because they need to "maximize" profits by not delivering the experience, (then the value spent does not justify the cost they charge)

Where is my dividend? I thought the bald head said nothing will be done that does not increase shareholder value?

I cancelled Disney+ also, more content was removed and most of the new stuff is unappealing. Of all the Star Wars new episodes Disney has created, only 1 (2 if you count a cameo appearance) 1 Jedi Knight- Luke himself until they killed him off.

Unfortunately, I still have 2 unused Annual Passes, I guess they can sit for a bit until I see something that suites my style of travel back to Disney. At this point eating the loss on the AP cost seems a better choice.

Anecdotally, if anyone thinks the current model is to reduce attendance, I would respect that opinion, they will continue to keep those parks full.

Wallet closed.
Look at it this way you had 25 really good years. It’s over now.
But it seems you still have the door cracked open as you have renewed your AP, the ONLY way to keep an annual pass is to keep renewing and that’s what you have done.
It sure looks like you are not done.

Animaniac93-98

For you and yours, is there any sort of breaking point or do you consider it something that'll never happen?

It's interesting to think how, for many, WDW is a sunk cost fallacy.

They bought APs, signed a DVC contract, or even moved to Orlando to be close to the parks.

At that point, you'll tell yourself anything to justify those trips.

It's easier to chose something else when you're not committed to going.

bryanfze55

The US is a very big place with a lot to see. Excluding Russia, Europe and the U.S. are about the same size.

In particular, the entire landscape west of
the Continental Divide is a natural playground that one could spend their entire life exploring and still only scratch the surface. As much as I’d love to sip coffee in a Parisian cafe just so I can say I’m cultured or something, I’d love even more to backpack across the Olympic Peninsula again and rediscover the thrill of being the only person I saw for three days.

TheMaxRebo

I’d rather them just make genie+ $20 everyday and be done with it, fluctuating pricing is tacky. Also just make the “fancy rides” part of g+, having them an extra cost on top of an extra cost Is also VERY tacky. As for the other price increase, happens every year, no surprise there.

Same as making the park tickets and hotels different prices - they are pushing to spread crowds by motivating people who have the flexibility to go on less in demand days .... And those that can't will have to pay through the nose

Does kinda suck they didn't give much notice though of this starting for people currently midtrip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom