Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

dreday3

Sniff test.

That’s why I find it curious? Other comps would answer the question/supply more validity to the opinion.

I’m really just curious…but not about your thoughts.

What’s more redundant is Dre’s “why do people care what other people do?”

Because for the 4,000,000 time: its a mass destination and what is paid and consumed is how they calculate prices and service level for everything else. So it very much does affect everyone. In the grown up world. But I look forward to regurgitating that.

Don't refer to me casually, we're not friends. 🙂

In seriousness, I can't participate in this conversation the way you want because at the end of it all, it's not serious to me like it is to you. It's a Disney vacation. It's frivolous and I'm extremely privileged I even get to go.

This is the only Disney board I post on now, still enjoy it, but its for distraction and release.

I wish you great things and maybe all of us will run into each other at Tokyo Disney one day and take a photo!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In the grown up world people respect each other’s personal choices and preferences and do not insult others simply for disagreeing with them. But I’m not interested in getting dragged into the ubiquitous nonstop arguing so I’ll just bow out now.
Can we stop dancing for the night?

You’re unique…everyone is unique. Disney pricing Philosophy - internally driven by all that data - is a myth. They lie to themselves.

We good?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't refer to me casually, we're not friends. 🙂

In seriousness, I can't participate in this conversation the way you want because at the end of it all, it's not serious to me like it is to you. It's a Disney vacation. It's frivolous and I'm extremely privileged I even get to go.

This is the only Disney board I post on now, still enjoy it, but its for distraction and release.

I wish you great things and maybe all of us will run into each other at Tokyo Disney and take a photo!
Now we’re getting somewhere…because it is just that. A product that you pay for. Just that. Not a personal accomplishment or source of pride. A cold hard transaction at its core. We’ve found our common ground.

…and you’d be surprised at how much fun I have…Tokyo or anywhere else 🥳

Jviera1298

And this is the problem. Low standards like yours. Disney is so much worse for so much more money even from just 2-3 years ago it’s not even funny. That’s why we haven’t been back and won’t be back
Except - you’re wrong. It’s not any worse. And they won’t miss you, because enough of us are still enjoying it! You guys nitpick every little thing and then act like it’s the end of Disney because they changed something marginal that the average guest wouldn’t notice. Good - hate it! You’ll be out of my lines.

Jviera1298

You people talking about Sandusky or Dollywood are like dudes complaining about a new Lamborghini design and then claiming that their Acura is better because Acuras were improved and in their mind Lamborghinis took a step backwards. Just because you’re sad the industry leader didn’t do things you liked doesn’t mean that all of a sudden Dollywood is comparable. It’s not. If that’s what you can afford to go to after the price increases, have a blast! But don’t try to pretend Dollywood has surpassed Disney World. It’s embarrassing.

MrPromey

You people talking about Sandusky or Dollywood are like dudes complaining about a new Lamborghini design and then claiming that their Acura is better because Acuras were improved and in their mind Lamborghinis took a step backwards. Just because you’re sad the industry leader didn’t do things you liked doesn’t mean that all of a sudden Dollywood is comparable. It’s not. If that’s what you can afford to go to after the price increases, have a blast! But don’t try to pretend Dollywood has surpassed Disney World. It’s embarrassing.

Know what's embarrassing? When your own words come back to haunt you.

... And even though that costs more now and they might cut some corners they didn't use to - we don't feel the same way when we're anywhere else. ...

Except - you’re wrong. It’s not any worse....

As someone who has admitted they can't imagine what Disney would have to do to turn them off...

I cant say for sure where the breaking point would be....

... who has said (joking or not) they would enjoy watching people fight in the parks (that was a fight btw - it was women but those were punches)

The brawl thing is nothing - that could happen anywhere (also that wasnt a brawl, it was a few people slapping each other). I spend a month or so out of every year in Disney and have never witnessed a brawl or even a good slap fight. When you have 30-60k people in every park each day of course sometimes things like that will happen with some people who probably shouldnt be there. Just dont be one of those people and you wont be part of it 😆 Id actually enjoy watching one though if we're being honest.

... and who has been registered here for four years but spent 11 of their 12 total posts mostly arguing with people here about how they have to be wrong or have something wrong with them or... apparently be poor to be unhappy about the negative changes that depending on which of your posts you're being honest about either have or haven't occurred at WDW or the price hikes that have gone along with them make the value less than it was, you might just want to take a moment to read the room.

To me, the post you just made, apparently lashing out at everyone who has a different opinion than yours, whether talking to you or not, is what's embarrassing.

Last edited:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I hear you both…

But they don’t care about you. They like you if you buy after hours or Halloween party or go to springs to spend. Beyond that it’s on you to like it/buy it.

Passes only exist still - my theory - as a backstop for recession fears. They’ll use them then. If they had assurances that wouldn’t happen for say 5 years? They’d have killed them.

My opinion…But I can make a pretty good argument on it.
I agree 100% They would have killed them off. If something tanks, they'll bring them back and try to kiss our behinds.
All I REALLY wanted was a couple days a YEAR of Genie+ and a couple LL included in my annual. Just a proverbial bone. They could have even restricted the park they could be redeemed at based on time of the year. Totally fine. But no...NOTHING...even for the top tier!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Except - you’re wrong. It’s not any worse. And they won’t miss you, because enough of us are still enjoying it! You guys nitpick every little thing and then act like it’s the end of Disney because they changed something marginal that the average guest wouldn’t notice. Good - hate it! You’ll be out of my lines.
So where have you tried to make a comparison? I like to have a reference points.

“Worse” is subjective…but almost no one argues that the pricing and crowd crunch has NOT exceeded investment over…say…the last 10 years?

If you can tell me why not - I gladly entertain the concept.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sometimes yes. But the little things used to be The Disney Difference.

The changes in the last year or two haven’t been little things. It’s been a seismic shift in how the parks are run.
I never thought I’d see the day when people didn’t trust you on this…

And yet…they are near actively doing it constantly.

Just can’t be a place to go for some…it has to be a lynchpin of everything in their minds.

Fair criticism by consumers used to be a positive in our beloved capitalism. Not in the swamp or Anaheim.

I don’t know why it’s so awful to call out a bad leadership trend? As if they’ll shut the place down on us if they read it here?

TheMaxRebo

I agree 100% They would have killed them off. If something tanks, they'll bring them back and try to kiss our behinds.
All I REALLY wanted was a couple days a YEAR of Genie+ and a couple LL included in my annual. Just a proverbial bone. They could have even restricted the park they could be redeemed at based on time of the year. Totally fine. But no...NOTHING...even for the top tier!

I definitely thought they would keep/add perks to the top tier Passes ... but then just make them crazy expensive, so at least have it offered (and some would still pay)

But, at least at Disneyland, now the top tier passes even have black out dates, so making them "less" vs just making them prohibitively expensive

JAN J

A question is what was the pool listing of outside candidates in addition to insider Chapek. ( Hint- ask the Disney Board ). If Chapek was so bad, the Board recently awarded him 3 more years.
Because not extending 3 years three years would have sent a bad message, and that would drop stock price.
Besides, not sure if the extension prevents the board from releasing him before that term.

That being said, your question about the outside candidate pool is valid. But a more appropriate one would be “what was the candidate pool of people with zero focus on long term growth and 100% focus on short term nickel and diming through surcharges and value destruction”. Then the answer might have been zero.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I definitely thought they would keep/add perks to the top tier Passes ... but then just make them crazy expensive, so at least have it offered (and some would still pay)

But, at least at Disneyland, now the top tier passes even have black out dates, so making them "less" vs just making them prohibitively expensive
It never was gonna happen. There was all kinds of prognostication about what dvc…passholders…on property rooms where gonna get “included” for their presence.

But the tea leaves where never there. No need to incentive business you know is coming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A question is what was the pool listing of outside candidates in addition to insider Chapek. ( Hint- ask the Disney Board ). If Chapek was so bad, the Board recently awarded him 3 more years.
Ummm….wall street moves are mostly for “appearances”…details at 11

They’re not counting how many Model Ts are coming off the line anymore

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom