Preview photos of the 2008 Food and Wine Festival

hpyhnt 1000

Hm. Not a real big fan of the cut out chairs and plywood signs, but the lampost banners aren't that bad; one could argue that kind of style clashes badly with the atmosphere and setting of WS, but I like them, especially the apple for SSE. :) And the themed booths-major plus. Kudos to Disney on that idea.

aeillill

I think the artwork is really cute this year, I've gone to the F&W festival for the last 3 years and I can't say I've ever really paid any attention to the artwork, but I love that they based it off of Mary Blair's work. And really, who can resist SSE as a cute little apple?

raven

I was there tonight for the preview. Many things need to be changed by the morning though. For instance they had MANY problems with the credit card readers (like most WDW vendor carts), serving the food at some places were slow, the menus were only printed on one an 8 1/2 X 11 paper per kiosk and there were many kiosks and walls still up. I'll try to pop into Epcot in the morning to see if the walls are down.

On another note Illuminations had a large number of technical difficulties tonight as well including the new globe not lighting up until near the end of the show. And when it first lit up the images were scrambled. Should have used a Mac. :lol:

MasterGracey71

I can't wait til tomorrow, my first chance to head to the F&W Fest this year. My favorite dessert ended up back on the short list for India (rice pudding), and I'm looking forward to Louisiana's food (went to New Orleans again early this year...I miss it).

hpyhnt 1000

I was there tonight for the preview. Many things need to be changed by the morning though. For instance they had MANY problems with the credit card readers (like most WDW vendor carts), serving the food at some places were slow, the menus were only printed on one an 8 1/2 X 11 paper per kiosk and there were many kiosks and walls still up. I'll try to pop into Epcot in the morning to see if the walls are down.

On another note Illuminations had a large number of technical difficulties tonight as well including the new globe not lighting up until near the end of the show. And when it first lit up the images were scrambled. Should have used a Mac. :lol:

Wait. So there was this dark circular sphere sitting out in the middle of the lagoon during RoE for about 8 minutes? Oy. :hammer:I understand they're still fine tuning it, but still. May I ask what else went wrong?

bayoutinkbelle

I can't wait til tomorrow, my first chance to head to the F&W Fest this year. My favorite dessert ended up back on the short list for India (rice pudding), and I'm looking forward to Louisiana's food (went to New Orleans again early this year...I miss it).

My friend and I laughed when we heard about the Louisiana booth. Home cooking - in Florida! :D

I'm sure we'll visit it, and there will be tons of other options for us. Love the F&W Fest! :slurp:

diddy_mouse

I really like the lamppost banners this year! It's a shame we'll miss F&W but I was very glad we were able to go a couple of years back...we had a great time! :)

raven

Wait. So there was this dark circular sphere sitting out in the middle of the lagoon during RoE for about 8 minutes? Oy. :hammer:I understand they're still fine tuning it, but still. May I ask what else went wrong?

Yep. Just music was playing and once in a while the fountains would break up the darkness. The torches had several problems: They didn't go all the way out when they were supposed to be "blown out", and they didn't light back up on the right cue (they were about 30 seconds late). Also some of the fireworks were not in sync, a few went off when they weren't supposed to. I bet the Stage Manager was having a fit. :zipit:

Disneyson 1

Ooo, I LOVE the 'Welcome Epcot' banner where SSE is an apple with a bite taken out. :sohappy:

Don't give the marketing people any ideas...

NEW IN 2010! Year Of A Million Calories!

See our "big apple" Spaceship Earth celebrating the Year Of A Million Calories! Experience our new (cough*ly refurbished*cough) attraction Body Fights, which shrinks you down to the size of a pixie and puts you into Sully from Disney*Pixar's Monsters Inc. so you can battle a bad case of laugh-itis with the help of commanders Tinker Bell, Fawn, Silvermist, Iridessia and Rosetta from Disney's Fairies! This and all new entertainment (cough* the new globe in I:ROE *cough) and an all new Innoventions Pavilion called You Are What You Eat (and you also have nothing to do with the future)! is all a part of a Year Of A Million Calories!

:zipit:

hpyhnt 1000

Yep. Just music was playing and once in a while the fountains would break up the darkness. The torches had several problems: They didn't go all the way out when they were supposed to be "blown out", and they didn't light back up on the right cue (they were about 30 seconds late). Also some of the fireworks were not in sync, a few went off when they weren't supposed to. I bet the Stage Manager was having a fit. :zipit:

My goodness, what is going on? :dazzle: Take the globe out for a little refurb and the entire show begins to disintegrate! I can understand the pyro being a little out of synch (though the timings should have been fixed by this point), but everything else...(I mean, seriously, the torches?!) I'd be having more than just a fit if I was up there in the control box. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom