Preview photos of the 2008 Food and Wine Festival

a2grafix

I love the theming of the 2008 event. The artists really put some creativity into all of the signage. I was immediately impressed when I saw the preview scattered throughout World Showcase back in August when I had my week-long date with Tropical Storm Fay.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Thanks for the pics! My DH and I were there last year and we didn't even know it was going on! I liked Pearville! Our wedding them was a Perfect Pear - so we got our picture there! hee hee :) I can't wait to go again next year!

TomHendricks

Leaving tomorrow morning. heading down to Disney. Can't wait, it will be our last Disney vacation before our child comes in December. Were staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time. We also are only going to Epcot on Saturday for the W&FF. The rest of the time were going to spend at the pool.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Ooh, Saturdays are the most crowded during F&W fest!

Two years ago, it was so bad (wall to wall people, could barely move around WS), we swore off going on a Saturday!

Good luck, and have fun!

TomHendricks

Okay, got back late last night from my WDW trip. We more or less went down just for the W&FF. This years W&FF was the best ever, well the best since we have been attending. We both loved the signs and graphics for the show, really made it look nice. My wife and I ate and drank our way around the countries, actually I'm the only one who drank since she is 6 months pregnant.

Some of our favorite food things we tasted at the W&FF were:

Shrimp with Cilantro Salsa from Chile
Pork Pot Stickers from China
Cheese selections from Ireland
Chocolate Creme Brulee from France
Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies from Poland

But the single best item was the Lamb Slider on a Brioche Roll from New Zealand. My wife and I actually went back for seconds on this one. It was simply amazing.

Now the wine and other alcoholic items were really amazing this year. I probably could just list everything I tasted when I was there, but there were a few standouts.

All the Champagne at Reims, Champagne (I think I was drunk just after this one)
Vidal Icewine at Canada was simply amazing. This is another I went back for a second on.
Private Bin Riesling at New Zealand was simply the best Riesling I have ever had in my life.

We went on Saturday and decided that this was going to be our dinner. While it was crowded, it was not to bad. We did wait awhile in some locations, Italy being the worst. Overall we were very happy with everything.

Ooh, Saturdays are the most crowded during F&W fest!

Two years ago, it was so bad (wall to wall people, could barely move around WS), we swore off going on a Saturday!

Good luck, and have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom