Pressing buttons in MS

jedimusik

Original Poster
At different parts of the ride during Mission Space, different people on the ride (i.e. navigator, pilot) are asked to press blinking buttons to make things happen. I think everybody on our ride pressed the right buttons. Anybody know what happens if you don't press the required buttons? Does the ride say something about an automatic engage and "press it for you?"

Just wanted to see if anybody knows what happens...

mccaulej

The "onboard computer" goes ahead and automatically overrides your laziness or lack of attention. I'm pretty sure that it goes on exactly as if you had pushed the button. Hope that helps.:D

s25843

Originally posted by jedimusik
At different parts of the ride during Mission Space, different people on the ride (i.e. navigator, pilot) are asked to press blinking buttons to make things happen. I think everybody on our ride pressed the right buttons. Anybody know what happens if you don't press the required buttons? Does the ride say something about an automatic engage and "press it for you?"

Just wanted to see if anybody knows what happens...

a Voice comes on and says "Computer Override"

jedimusik

Original Poster
It would be funny if it abruptly stopped, saying something like "simulation cancelled due to pilot error" and everybody would then give dirty looks at the "pilot" as they exited the ride they waited an hour to get on:lol:

mccaulej

I think that would be a great idea, but I don't think Disney would allow their guests to "fail" the mission. I think that that would cause too many headaches for guests and cast members. I can just see it now...a couple of people in a capsule that "sabotage" the mission by not fulfilling their duties and a kid in that same capsule that is upset, dissapointed that he failed. Then the family would complain to the cm and it would just become a mess. While I think that it would be a nice bit of variety, I think that the ensuing headaches that it would cause would be too much for Disney to want to deal with. Just my 2 cents:lookaroun

TomDisney

I agree which is why I haven't tried to do it myself...always end up with people in my capsule that haven't ridden it before and didn't want to spoil their experience...but been very tempted to give it full throttle when you crash thru the barrier and see what happens!! :sohappy:

mccaulej

Ha!! That would be great. I can hear Gary Sinese now "Ease back on the main thrusters, wait..what are you DOING!! Ahhhhhh....no!!!!"

jedimusik

Original Poster
While we're at it... do the joysticks really do anything? Is it just a gimmick that has no effect on your direction? I don't see how it could possibly be an actual "input device" that affects the ride, with everybody steering in all different directions.

mccaulej

I don't believe that the joysticks have any effect whatsoever, given that the ride film is a pre-rendered video. Would be a cool idea tho:)

TomDisney

Well, if you can't "fail" the mission, then they aren't real input devices and are there more for show than anything else. Just like the buttons can be overridden by the computer, I would imagine that the computer could override someone pushing forward on the joystick when they should pull back ensuring a successful mission. Perhaps once they get the initial kinks worked out of the ride and it's up and running for a while, they may be able to add different scenarios into ride where you can mess up and your input really does count.

WDWFREAK53

OH GOOD!!! I was very concerned about this!!! At least if there's some acknowledgement that the computer will do it for you...it seems like a real "simulator" :lookaroun

AndyP

Maybe they could make Mission:SPACE like ToT with new versions enhanced effects and in ride options could be added for Mission:SPACE 2, 3, 4 etc.

cindy_k

Originally posted by mccaulej
I don't believe that the joysticks have any effect whatsoever, given that the ride film is a pre-rendered video. Would be a cool idea tho:)

Oh so its like the VR Raft ride at Disney Quest. You can paddle all day and you won't effect your ride through that river.

I actually ride it with my paddle on my lap. :hammer: :lol: :wave:

When I went on the other day I was with two girls who spoke Chinese so they didnt know what to do and just sat there. Whenever they didnt press the button a voice said 'computer overide' and a ride light would flash.

foxfire

Yeah, that happend to me on trip #3 of 5...everyone else was lazy. The first trip was great..only two of us in the capsule so we got to push more buttons =) The last ride of the day was great, we all knew when to push them before they told us =b

wanabeimagineer

I enjoy pressing all the other buttons cuz they actually do stuff, well not in the ride but they make noise or lights or stuff like that. I suggest only doing this before the ride actually starts though because once it's going you defenitely do not want to be looking around.

mr snrub

theres no way they could make the buttons actually do anything because it would be impossible to have something like that rendered on the fly.

i think the buttons are there to keep your mind off the dizzyness

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom