Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

raven

Original Poster
The Magic Kingdom will close promptly at 6pm on Tuesday, January 18th for a press event. Among things to be released are the "new" concept are for Fantasyland (including the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, the removal of the Snow White dark ride, implimentation of a princess M&G in it's place, details about Circusland and more.

WDWRLD

What......they are getting rid of Snow White.......First Toad now her? That is a classic great dark ride....I sure hope its still there in June when I go....need one more ride to hear "The Quicked Ween...I Mean Wicked Queen".

Testtrack321

What? No Summer Nightastic 2011? No Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular 2 or other generically named pieces of borrowed entertainment?

flavious27

I would imagine that Mickey's Toon Town Fair is being renamed Circusland or something similar to it. Just a hunch

Well that is what it looks like since day 1, the houses will be gone but the huge store will stay and the barn stormer will be rethemed.

Anyone know that they are doing with the area between the train line and world drive? From google maps they are clearing out some trees. Also, are they going to skim the ponds of their green scum?

raven

Original Poster
Testtrack321: the things I listed were a few items that I know of that are being mentioned. It's possible something like the things you listed may be talked about as well. It's just that I haven't heard that news yet.

RSoxNo1

The Magic Kingdom will close promptly at 6pm on Tuesday, January 18th for a press event. Among things to be released are the "new" concept are for Fantasyland (including the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, the removal of the Snow White dark ride, implimentation of a princess M&G in it's place, details about Circusland and more.

Awesome news.

Ignohippo

Awesome news Raven! Thanks for the info.

I'm sure the projections on the castle will also be a major part of the announcement (which is probably why they've rushed to get the dream lights off this year). I wonder if they'll project the concept art on the castle?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well that is what it looks like since day 1, the houses will be gone but the huge store will stay and the barn stormer will be rethemed.

Anyone know that they are doing with the area between the train line and world drive? From google maps they are clearing out some trees. Also, are they going to skim the ponds of their green scum?

The trees were cleared to build a new retention pond.

Dan

menamechris

Among things to be released are the "new" concept are for Fantasyland (including the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, the removal of the Snow White dark ride, implimentation of a princess M&G in it's place, details about Circusland and more.

Does anyone know if this is a kiddie rollercoaster like Barnstormer? Or is it something a little more substantial? If it's along the lines of Barnstormer, I would rather keep the classic dark ride there (just my opinion...) :p

djkidkaz

Are they actually calling it Circusland? Has this name been confirmed or is it just a made up name from the boards?

Oh and is this the first time I've seen you actually say the Snow White Mine Coaster is coming? Why did you stop calling it Project X finally?

And thanks for the info. Im gonna go explode now!

Atomicmickey

Here we go! :sohappy:

Just a few more days until the boards are filled with

a) that was awesome!
b) that was disappointing!
c) I knew it all along!

etc . . . . .

menamechris

Here we go! :sohappy:

Just a few more days until the boards are filled with

a) that was awesome!
b) that was disappointing!
c) I knew it all along!

etc . . . . .

LOL! What did we do before message boards?? I guess we just went with the flow because we assumed we were the only ones who did/didn't like something. Times sure have changed! :)

For me, I think ANY elaboration on the expansion and upcoming projects is good. So far, the expansion strikes me as a snoozefest....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom