presentation is wednesday. last minute questions

steviej

Original Poster
Hey all,

so my presentation/interview is wednesday. I just have a few last minute questions and would appreciate any and all responses. The guy at my school who works with disney said along with my blue tie, I should wear khaki's, a white shirt, and a jacket. The khaki's and white shirt sound about right. But do you guys think that the jacket is too formal? What did you guys wear on your interview? Also, would a gold watch look tacky considering I'm just a college student? And finally, how often do people get turned down, and are you given a reason as to why? Thank you so much.

Mecha Figment

well the way it worked for me was i just went in buisness casual to the presentation. that was about it. I didn't get really interviewed until later, and that was over the phone. all the presentation did was go over some basic stufff, and set up an appointment time.

DisneySaint

You don't need a coat, even a shirt and tie. A polo shirt and khaki's will do. If you're really worried about impressing them, go ahead with the shirt and tie but don't overdo it with the coat.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You're not interviewing for CEO. :D (Leave any pretentious affectations behind)

Go in presentable, looking like you know something about the business world, not dressed in torn bluejeans and a tee shirt.

Good luck. :wave:

Gorjus

May I present an opposing postition? When I interview people, and I don't care for what type of job it is, I like to see that no matter how old they are, they understand the importance of presentation. They should understand that they are about to make an impression. I like to see them demonstrate a knowledge of how the business world operates. And the business world operates with suits, ties, dresses, skirts, etc. It is the business uniform. You may be interviewing for a food server's position. I, as the interviewer, assume this is not a position you wish to be in the rest of your life, but for now this will be your job and you will then move up after gaining some knowledge. So I want to see someone who shows the ability to move up by demonstrating, among other things, they understand a business dress code. In other words, show that you have a future with this company, whether you want to have one or not.

Or to make it real simple, wear a dress shirt, tie, pants and jacket to a job interview. Ladies, wear a dress, or business suit, or business skirt; put on hose and have closed toe shoes; and no sleeveless unless it is covered by a jacket.

My opinion; your mileage may vary.

Mecha Figment

no offence but i'm in no way wearing a suit to a dishwashing job interview.

i wear something thats about two times nicer then what i expect to wear on the actual job.

scubasteve920

i agree with just about everybody else. i had my presentation about 3 weeks ago. i wore a golf shirt and khakis and jacket and i felt a little over dressed to be honest. there were people there in sweatpants! if you just wear khakis and a polo, you should be fine. you most likely will not get interviewed there but it still is nice to a get a little dressed up to show you are responsible.

maelstrom

I just wanted to add that ladies also look fine in khakis and a polo. No need to put on a skirt or dress. Minimal jewelry and makeup as well.

Gorjus

I just wanted to add that ladies also look fine in khakis and a polo. No need to put on a skirt or dress. Minimal jewelry and makeup as well.

I respectfully, but strongly disagree here. Whether interviewing or just doing errands, WOMEN NEVER LOOK GOOD IN POLO/GOLF SHIRTS! :brick: If you are going to where khakis, please wear female stylish ones and for goodness sake, wear a nice feminine shirt.

Gorjus

maelstrom

I respectfully, but strongly disagree here. Whether interviewing or just doing errands, WOMEN NEVER LOOK GOOD IN POLO/GOLF SHIRTS! :brick: If you are going to where khakis, please wear female stylish ones and for goodness sake, wear a nice feminine shirt.

Gorjus

I find your comments offensive and sexist.

Just so you know they do make polos for women too.

When I went to my grad school interviews I definetly wore a suit, but for a recent interview for a holiday job at the mall I wore a nice pair of Khakis and a sweater.

Knowing that this is taking place on a college campus I can understand that some people may wander in wearing sweats or jeans (I didn't always know what was going on on my campus). I would say khakis and polo would be fine, dress shirt and tie would also be nice, jacket would be over doing it.

Erika

Gorjus

The object is to look professional. It doesn't really matter how unattractive you think it looks.

Please keep it polite in here. Thanks.

Gorjus

Wow! Am I misunderstood. First of all, I am a female. And I am being very polite.

In no way when I talk about dressing feminine am I meaning anything sexual. My goodness, where did that come from? It is unprofessional for a woman to dress like a man and it is unprofessional for a man to dress like a woman. Men usually get this, women don't. Yes, I realize that there are women that love to wear men's pants, men's blouses, men's shoes, men's hairstyles and consider this professional attire. It is not. It is as if they are stuck in the 70's and 80's and are wearing chinos and member's only jackets and have weird hair.

If there is a uniform, well then that is a different story, but we aren't talking about uniforms, we are talking about dressing for interviews or just around town.

When I say wear feminine khakis and a feminine shirt, I probably should have used the word female. There are khakis for men and khakis for women. Women should wear khakis for women. And I stand by the statement that even if you are wearing a female polo shirt, you still shouldn't. It just doesn't look good. Wear a female blouse or a pull over v neck sweater or something, but don't wear a male top if you are a female.

Flame away, I'm on my way to work.

Erika

Wow! Am I misunderstood. First of all, I am a female. And I am being very polite.

In no way when I talk about dressing feminine am I meaning anything sexual. My goodness, where did that come from?

I didn't mean that in the way you understood it. What I meant was, whether or not anybody thinks it looks "good" is beside the point. I did check your profile beforehand and I did realize you were female :wave:

It is unprofessional for a woman to dress like a man and it is unprofessional for a man to dress like a woman. Men usually get this, women don't. Yes, I realize that there are women that love to wear men's pants, men's blouses, men's shoes, men's hairstyles and consider this professional attire. It is not. It is as if they are stuck in the 70's and 80's and are wearing chinos and member's only jackets and have weird hair.

If there is a uniform, well then that is a different story, but we aren't talking about uniforms, we are talking about dressing for interviews or just around town.

When I say wear feminine khakis and a feminine shirt, I probably should have used the word female. There are khakis for men and khakis for women. Women should wear khakis for women. And I stand by the statement that even if you are wearing a female polo shirt, you still shouldn't. It just doesn't look good. Wear a female blouse or a pull over v neck sweater or something, but don't wear a male top if you are a female.

Flame away, I'm on my way to work.

I don't think anybody was suggesting that a woman wear clothes out of the men's department. :veryconfu And again, it doesn't really matter whether or not you feel women look good in golf shirts. I don't care for bow ties, and I think they look a little silly, but that doesn't mean men should not wear them. It's personal preference and nothing more.

I am not here to flame, just to keep a little peace. :)

And don't look now, but 80s fashion is back :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom