Premium Passholder 20% -- GONE

RSoxNo1

If you look at the official Disney World Website it still says this:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/merchandise-discounts/
Walt Disney World Resort Owned and Operated Merchandise Locations
Premium Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 20% discount and all other Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases at Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated merchandise locations.
I suggest anyone that has a Premium AP that has purchased anything recently bring a print out of the website along with your receipt to wherever you made your purchase. I'd like to see how long it takes them to change this.

lnsemsf

2012 Passholder benefits expire on December 31, 2012. All valid Passes will be subject to the enclosed benefits from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012.
So you'd have to print that 20% off discount part out, then of course time travel back to Dec of 2012 (or earlier if you so choose) to receive the discounts they promise on that site.

RSoxNo1

2012 Passholder benefits expire on December 31, 2012. All valid Passes will be subject to the enclosed benefits from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012.
So you'd have to print that 20% off discount part out, then of course time travel back to Dec of 2012 (or earlier if you so choose) to receive the discounts they promise on that site.
I can't read or write.

wdwmousetales

Don't know if this has been said but Disneyland quietly not only just gave back the full 20% merchandise discount to Premier Passport holders but also now include the premium pass. The fact is the merchandise is exactly the same at both parks.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Has anyone ever done a comparison on merchandise prices between the resorts....meaning, are items at WDW the same price at DL? Generally food prices at DL (especially soda) used to be much higher, so I always just assumed the same went for merchandise making it a wash between the resorts (when it comes to discounts). I upgraded my regular WDW AP to Premium when the deal for DVC members was offered (making a Premium less expensive than the regular) last year....of course, that offer coincided with the discounting of the discount, so I actually never got to use the 20% discount at WDW.
On another note, I'm heading to DL in March for a week, and since I'm a WDW Premium AP holder, I called DL guest relations about upgrading my Premium Pass to Premiere status. After discussing the amount of days I'd be visiting, my current pass expiration, etc...the CM actually suggested that I buy a four day regular pass (for Wed-Sat), then use that purchase to upgrade to a regular DL AP (for the remainder of my stay, Sun-Tues) therefore getting around the block out date for the regular AP, and thus saving on the price of regular park tickets. The CM was very forward in educating me about the ins and outs of saving me as much as possible for my visit, something I've never found at WDW. As I also called WDW with the same questions regarding any pass upgrades, I found the DL CM's are definitely more proactive in getting me "a deal".

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Has anyone ever done a comparison on merchandise prices between the resorts....meaning, are items at WDW the same price at DL? Generally food prices at DL (especially soda) used to be much higher, so I always just assumed the same went for merchandise making it a wash between the resorts (when it comes to discounts). I upgraded my regular WDW AP to Premium when the deal for DVC members was offered (making a Premium less expensive than the regular) last year....of course, that offer coincided with the discounting of the discount, so I actually never got to use the 20% discount at WDW.
On another note, I'm heading to DL in March for a week, and since I'm a WDW Premium AP holder, I called DL guest relations about upgrading my Premium Pass to Premiere status. After discussing the amount of days I'd be visiting, my current pass expiration, etc...the CM actually suggested that I buy a four day regular pass (for Wed-Sat), then use that purchase to upgrade to a regular DL AP (for the remainder of my stay, Sun-Tues) therefore getting around the block out date for the regular AP, and thus saving on the price of regular park tickets. The CM was very forward in educating me about the ins and outs of saving me as much as possible for my visit, something I've never found at WDW. As I also called WDW with the same questions regarding any pass upgrades, I found the DL CM's are definitely more proactive in getting me "a deal".

I've found that Food/Merchandise is generally less expensive at DL and the CM's ALWAYS work to make sure the guest gets ALL the discounts they are allowed, I've even had CM's point out discounts that I was unaware of.

Completely different vibe than WDW these days.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
DL may be cheaper now, but it sure was not that way quite a few years ago. DL was 20-30% more expensive across the board for CS food. I was shocked the first time I visited as an adult in 2008. Prices may have only gone up about 10-15% since. WDW food prices have increased over 30%.

tirian

A few years ago, DL prices were higher for quick service and merchandise, but WDW has raised its prices to match, and sometimes exceed, those on the west coast.

I still smile when I see that the $14.95 classic Mickey tees are now $21.95. The price rose by $7 in two years—and this was intended to be the inexpensive t-shirt option.

MarkTwain

Prices on equivalent pieces of merchandise are, for the most part, the same. This past fall I bought items at Disneyland and had them exchanged for similar merchandise at WDW with no change in price (Christmas ornaments, t-shirts, and one of those cheap plastic snowglobes). Not sure about quick service food for direct equivalents (Dole Whip vs. Dole Whip, DL burger vs. WDW burger), but I'd say even if the prices are comparable than Disneyland would win in quality. $11 at a WDW QSR might get you a chicken sandwich and fries, while at Disneyland that might get you an entree with sides and real silverware. Or at least at QSR places like French Market in NOS and Flo's in Cars Land, my favorite places to eat.

Last edited:

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Prices on equivalent pieces of merchandise are, for the most part, the same. This past fall I bought items at Disneyland and had them exchanged for similar merchandise at WDW with no change in price (Christmas ornaments, t-shirts, and one of those cheap plastic snowglobes). Not sure about quick service food for direct equivalents (Dole Whip vs. Dole Whip, DL burger vs. WDW burger), but I'd say even if the prices are comparable than Disneyland would win in quality. $11 at a WDW QSR might get you a chicken sandwich and fries, while at Disneyland that might get you an entree with sides and real silverware. Or at least at QSR places like French Market in NOS and Flo's in Cars Land, my favorite places to eat.
Flo's puts all WDW CS food to shame.

The only thing that came close was The Land's former Farmer's Market. Man, that place used to be awesome.

dreamfinder

I still smile when I see that the $14.95 classic Mickey tees are now $21.95. The price rose by $7 in two years—and this was intended to be the inexpensive t-shirt option.

I thought the prices had gone up by 50% on that shirt, but my DW didn't believe me. Does it really kill them to only clear $5 on this particular shirt? When the others clear like $15-20?

Dl QS exceeds WDW QS slop in every way it should cost more

Not to mention that the slightly higher price can easily be offset if you are an AP or DVC member, bringing it right back down to WDW prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom